Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Speaking of medical care.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 316

Speaking of medical care.

Dec 17, 2018, 7:19 PM

How often do you go to the doctor? Also, when everyone is insured, will people waste time going to the doctor too often with just a cold or whatever?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4x a year to 1 doc and 2x with another

Dec 17, 2018, 7:40 PM

everyone suppose to have insurance when aca passed was to keep people out of the er's with minor stuff and encourage more care from docs i thought

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4x a year to 1 doc and 2x with another

Dec 17, 2018, 7:44 PM

I am just making this up, but I bet if everyone had insurance people would be clogging the doctors office too much with needless things.

Because going to the dr is so fun?***

Dec 17, 2018, 7:51 PM

Re: Because going to the dr is so fun?***

Dec 17, 2018, 9:47 PM

No it's not fun, but so many people think they need a doctor for everything. Feeling under the weather isn't ever fun either, so some people think they need to see a doctor too often, especially with kids.

I'm guessing those people still do that except it's at a

Dec 17, 2018, 10:08 PM

Dr's office, or one of those roadside {fill in blank} Care places. Don't know the stats these past years on ER traffic for minor ailments that the ACA was supposed to shift out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Twice a year for blood work to monitor meds

Dec 17, 2018, 7:49 PM

FWIW my doc doesn’t take insurance - his charges are listed on his website - straight cash homey.
In many cases he charges less than the deductible at my old dr.

I can turn in the receipts against my out of pocket.

Re: Twice a year for blood work to monitor meds

Dec 17, 2018, 9:49 PM

That's awesome. Can you shop him around and compare costs?

Typically twice each year.

Dec 17, 2018, 8:07 PM

I get prescriptions for BP and cholesterol meds with five refills and have my cholesterol checked then each visit.

Even with insurance people continue to use the emergence room for doctor visits. Imo, that's a huge expense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d rather die in a ditch

Dec 17, 2018, 10:46 PM

Then go to the dang doctor.

Same here.

Dec 18, 2018, 8:01 AM

I dread a dr appointment. I'm always thinking, 'I could be working on my project car or arguing with you,' both of which I enjoy much more than sitting in a doctor's office waiting for her/him to finish their break and get me out of there.

I'm seldom sick and never take across the counter meds because I'm afraid they will create complication with my regular medications.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of medical care.

Dec 18, 2018, 12:24 AM

I almost never use my insurance outside of dental cleanings. One of these years I guess I should have the colon checked.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that I am 56

Dec 18, 2018, 7:45 AM

I go as often as I ever did - when taking NyQuil doesn't fix the problem. Seriously. I take no medications and have no health issues. I am thankful for this. My last trip to the doctor was 2 1/2 years ago - that ended with me having my gallbladder removed.

I do get the dental cleanings but have no dental issues - never have. Really thankful for this too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Replies: 12
| visibility 316
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic