Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now, now Michelle...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 77
| visibility 1

Now, now Michelle...

Oct 14, 2016, 9:56 AM

hypocrite much, do you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

DEM = Hypocrite***

Oct 14, 2016, 9:58 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oops***

Oct 14, 2016, 10:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now, now Michelle...

Oct 14, 2016, 10:06 AM

Trump caught making lewd and disgusting remarks about women.

Solution: Attack Michelle Obama.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, she attacked Trump about his comments

Oct 14, 2016, 10:08 AM

you do that, it's fair game to go after her for her "forgetful" memory.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^nuther hippokrit^^^***

Oct 14, 2016, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Now, now Michelle... ]

Oct 14, 2016, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Now, now Michelle... ]

Yes Balm, it's me again - the racist, sexist, right wing conspiracist clinging to my gunS and Bible and spouting hate speak...

...C'MON Brother, I really DO like you (in an internet sort of way) and I truly am a respectful, Christian and (according to both of my 'real life' friends) I'm a pretty good guy. But instead of you taking the classic liberal (and Democrat adopted) approach to responding to ANY criticism, challenge or opposition to you or your belief with accusations, innuendo, and assaults on MY character (or motives), why don't you actually accept - just as I have acknowledged in regards to 'my candidate', tho' not to YOU, perhaps - that 'YOUR' person is also flawed, immoral, corrupt, and inept?

I know I am not going to change you, or anyone else for that matter, but if the president's wife is going to stand in front of a podium and decry the shame and horror, then she needs to be prepared for those of us who do not live in the moment, yet recall previous acts, promises or other indicators that expose her 'impassioned speech' for the political purpose it was REALLY given. She OBVIOUSLY has no issue with someone using words and lyrics to promote the denigration of the female body.

Take care my friend.

V/r

Bill

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2016, 10:38 AM

Michelle Obama is not auditioning for leader of the free world, but go ahead and make this about her.

The sitting president's wife...

Oct 14, 2016, 11:09 AM

...made an impassioned, POLITICALLY MOTIVATED speech condemning one candidate, thus by correlation, emphatically endorsing an equally morally corrupt candidate in so doing. I would like to also add that she used her husband's office - much like Hillary used HER husband's attainment of said office as a qualifying attribute of 'her experience and acumen' to be president - thus, the president's wife has now 'opened herself' up to the VERY SAME scrutiny, criticism and standard that ALL elected officials (or aspiring candidates for office) should be held to.

But again, you choose to attack 'me', not defend her indefensible actions, because you cannot. Simple as that.

In parting, allow me to add: I did NOT vote for Donald Trump in my states primary. However, he is now the ONLY candidate who has any chance of preventing a Hillary Clinton Presidency, thus I will be voting for him next month. In my mind, he is an arrogant, obnoxious ###, and I do not care for him personally. However, the problem with our political system is many, many well meaning individuals have pursued office, but have unfortunately lost the true purpose of why they were elected 'by the people, for the people', and thus We The People are no longer their motivating factor for political service. I believe Hillary is just such a person. In the Air Force, one of the Core Values is 'Service Before Self'. If you look at her history - the Clinton Foundation, several multimillion dollar residences, etc. - this does NOT apply to Hillary. We The People need CHANGE (IMHO). I believe Donald Trump - the arrogant, brash 'outsider' - is our only hope of changing the morass of the status quo in Washington.

I am through discussing this, but will respectfully read whatever reply or comment you, or any other tnetter may have to say, but for this particular post, I am done and will "take your comments off the air".

nm

A good day to you my friend!

V/r

Bill

we would do ourselves a favor by...

Oct 14, 2016, 11:14 AM

going back and reading some philosophers like Locke, Montesquieu, and Rousseau. These are the writings that most influenced the founding of this nation. Don't think the founders intended there to be professional politicians.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we would do ourselves a favor by...

Oct 14, 2016, 12:41 PM

they never intended a democracy, they wanted a elite ruling class whose representation was voted on by wealthy land owners. The idea was that common men are ill equipped to make informed decisions on the future of the country. Going by this election, I would say they were spot on.

That certainly was not my understanding of what I read...

Oct 14, 2016, 12:54 PM

Granted my reading, while have read from all three, is not exhaustive. These guys, for the most part, were against the governmental structures in Europe.

And, yes, we do not have a democracy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aunt Esther caught being a hypocrit

Oct 16, 2016, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Now, now Michelle... ]

tBONG1 brings up Trump. Anyone else surprised?

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

if Trump was only an entertainer, it might be hypocrisy

Oct 14, 2016, 10:09 AM

nice try though

It's okay to degrade women if it falls under "entertainment"

Oct 14, 2016, 10:10 AM

Check

back then, he was just an entertainer

Oct 14, 2016, 10:12 AM

or am i wrong? So that theory is out the window.

but he's trying to be so much more

Oct 14, 2016, 10:13 AM

but he hasn't changed...a bit

he still denigrates women, the disabled, etc....

I'm sure he's changed a little bit

Oct 14, 2016, 10:17 AM

but I've always thought he was a ######. But I'd rather have a ###### than probably the most corrupt President we'd ever have.

Crook vs ######.

I pick ######

he's fallen deeper and deeper

Oct 14, 2016, 10:23 AM

into Narcissistic Personality Disorder

he shows many of the classic symptoms:

Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
Exaggerating your achievements and talents
Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
Requiring constant admiration
Having a sense of entitlement
Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
Taking advantage of others to get what you want
Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
Being envious of others and believing others envy you
Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20025568

you could also say: SHE'S fallen deeper and deeper

Oct 14, 2016, 10:32 AM

...nm

I think both Trump and Snoop are trash....

Oct 14, 2016, 10:14 AM [ in reply to back then, he was just an entertainer ]

We have bigger fish to fry right now

That's not Snoop***

Oct 14, 2016, 10:25 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I'm old too***

Oct 14, 2016, 10:28 AM

Re: It's okay to degrade women if it falls under "entertainment"

Oct 14, 2016, 10:12 AM [ in reply to It's okay to degrade women if it falls under "entertainment" ]

depends if Access Hollywood is recording it or not.

I guess she's back to no longer being proud of her country***

Oct 14, 2016, 10:11 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She needed a hat, Make America Great for the First Time***

Oct 14, 2016, 10:13 AM

Re: She needed a hat, Make America Great for the First Time***

Oct 14, 2016, 10:15 AM

I don't remember her endorsing 50 cent or whoever that is for President of the United States, nor do I recall him running for President.

Good point....

Oct 14, 2016, 10:19 AM

I wonder if these people's art has any influence on the young people of this country? Their support of these people for any reason is egregious.

Re: Good point....

Oct 14, 2016, 10:38 AM

There was a mega thread on this a few months ago....as you can imagine the consenus was no, lyrics glorifying gang violence and misogyny have no effect on young people and suggesting otherwise makes you a racist and non compassionate about black people's "situation"....

Apparantley they have no other choice but to sell drugs and live the criminal lifestyle and it's all white americas fault.

So the First Lady's official position is that

Oct 14, 2016, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: She needed a hat, Make America Great for the First Time*** ]

Misogyny is awesome if you glorify it on the "Art" you are selling to a young demographic for your personal profit. Come on over to the White House.

If it is unknowingly recorded ten years ago during a private conversation, it shows what a horrible person you are.

Cool. Cool cool cool.

null

Re: So the First Lady's official position is that

Oct 14, 2016, 10:45 AM

some how Michelle Obama is accountable for everyone that has ever visited the whitehouse, but trump is not accountable to anything or anyone. I think this pretty much sums up lame the argument being made here.

Balm, stop flailing. I've gone on the record

Oct 14, 2016, 10:51 AM

Numerous times as saying I will never vote for Trump, that he's a POS. I didn't need some ten year old tapes to make this assessment.

My topic is the hypocrisy of the First Lady. And yes, good grief, she is responsible if she sees fit to make a public appearance with a rapper at the White House. It's not like that rapper said something to his buddies ten years ago and it was secretly taped. It is in his lyrics (I assume...based on the original post...I admit I've done no research on this.).

null

Re: Balm, stop flailing. I've gone on the record

Oct 14, 2016, 11:02 AM

no really, this is one of the lamest arguments I have ever heard. I guess Jesus is a hypocrite now too because he associated with a prostitute.

that's what the pharisees said***

Oct 14, 2016, 11:05 AM

Lol. Wow. Just wow.***

Oct 14, 2016, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Balm, stop flailing. I've gone on the record ]

null

I could say a lot of bad things about Trump

Oct 16, 2016, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Balm, stop flailing. I've gone on the record ]

but presumably you've already said those things. However, it's perverse to punish him by punishing the whole nation. If he's said or done terrible things at the personal level, that's no reason to prevent him from atoning by doing good things on a much larger scale. The future is too important for you to use this election to indulge your desire to make a point that we all agree with anyway.

Oct 14, 2016, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: So the First Lady's official position is that ]

Money over b1tches, flowers over snitches....

Oct 14, 2016, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: So the First Lady's official position is that ]

responsibility for White House visitors

White House Receptionist
White House Gardener
White House Chef
FOX News
Donald Trump
Barack and Michelle

Oct 14, 2016, 11:09 AM

of course an opportunity has been missed here.

Wedding Planner
Wedding Photographer
Wedding caterer
Wedding Chaplin
Best man
maid of honor

which should disqualify her from being President***

Oct 14, 2016, 11:15 AM

This ^^^^ Businessman BUYING access... ^^^^

Oct 14, 2016, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: So the First Lady's official position is that ]

...who's at fault? The businessman or 'My Elected Official' pedaling access to the office of the president for _ _ _ _ _ (hint: fill in the blanks...).

Re: This ^^^^ Businessman BUYING access... ^^^^

Oct 14, 2016, 12:18 PM

I guess if someone jay walks in front of my car, I should not attempt to stop because they are breaking the law.

Re: This ^^^^ Businessman BUYING access... ^^^^

Oct 16, 2016, 3:43 PM

Sorry @Tigerbalm1, I am not following you on this logic. Can you explain?

Before you can criticize artists for these types of lyrics,

Oct 14, 2016, 11:29 AM

you have to establish whether the writer was writing in first or third person. Were they actually talking about themselves in the song or were they describing a hateful act that they only knew about like any author when they write a book or movie scrlpt?

Many of us love the Stones but many of their lyrics described acts that were degrading to women, but once again, were they written in first or third person?

It's difficult to pen down an artist here because they just may be writing in first person which would be despicable, but they can always say I was talking about someone else.

Trump on the other hand was speaking in first person. There's little doubt of that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Before you can criticize artists for these types of lyrics,

Oct 15, 2016, 8:34 AM

That's right Joe, no one is really responsible for their words or their actions. Classic liberalism.

But in the words of Dr Dre, another White House favorite, "b-itches ain't sh-it but hoes and tricks. Lick on the nutz and suck the di-ck".

So, what you're saying is that if writers show

Oct 16, 2016, 9:29 AM

violence in movies, authors/song writers have violence in their books/songs, they advocate committing these acts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2016, 11:35 AM

Omg! Wale(the "lewd" rapper in the picture) is far from being lewd. Listen to his music, he's never downgraded women

Bottom line is that her speech was dead on. She nailed it.****

Oct 14, 2016, 11:41 AM

Another hypocrite joins the thread^^^***

Oct 14, 2016, 11:52 AM

Bless your tiny heart. That was adorable.******

Oct 14, 2016, 11:59 AM

I actually agree that people who listen to people

Oct 14, 2016, 12:03 PM

rap like that, have their stands against people like Trump greatly compromised.

I agree. That said, should we have trash like that...

Oct 14, 2016, 12:10 PM

running the greatest democracy on Earth? It's one thing for our entertainers to be trash, but we are talking the POTUS. I agree though, that she should speak out against that music as well. Good point. That said, her speech was dead on as far as how we should be.

You are incredibly naive***

Oct 14, 2016, 12:19 PM

Bless our puny heart. You're projecting, chief.

Oct 14, 2016, 12:26 PM

That was adorable. Thanks for trying though. Way to go! Good effort.

Thats all YOU got?

Oct 14, 2016, 12:31 PM

You dont like Trump because he's crude
But you adore Hills even though she is corrupt as hayell?

Got it!

I don't like Trump for numerous reasons..

Oct 14, 2016, 12:44 PM

He is an absolute buffoon and international embarrassment for starters. We knows his history further more, but that would take hours to get into. He becomes unhinged and has outrageously thin skin. He is about as naive as it gets when it comes to the Middle East and ISIS. He said the other day during the debate that would send troops in at night and ISIS would be defeated by the morning. Why didn't we think of that before? Trump is on it. He said he would fix the inner cities? How? The guy is a blowhard who preys on goofballs like yourself who will fall for anything. The fact is he has no solutions and hasn't even recommended any. He is not presidential and would be an international disaster. He is truly a classless absolute buffoon. He is the epitome of a demagogue preying on people's fears and prejudices without giving solutions. The good thing, he has absolutely no chance of winning.

So...you're happy with the status quo?

Oct 14, 2016, 1:17 PM

Never said Trump was ideal candidate, he has a lotta flaws. But you, sir, are the goofball if you think Hillary is going to do anything for this country. She has already proven to be a liar and one of highly questionable judgement, much less would not get up at night to save a few great souls when they needed help...

that who YOU want as POTUS....

No!!

Oct 14, 2016, 6:45 PM

Hillary is awful. Trump is just an absolute buffoon. Romney would have been a lock right now.

Re: I don't like Trump for numerous reasons..

Oct 15, 2016, 1:36 AM [ in reply to I don't like Trump for numerous reasons.. ]

Actually most of the Western world outside of North America is rooting for Trump. Russia is too. At least he's willing to review our foreign policy and tone down the globalists world police role and at the same time restore our national sovereignty. Trump knows what every other person on Earth with common sense knows, America is far along the path to self destruction and he rightly or not thinks he knows how to turn things around and loves his country enough to stick his neck out and guve it a go. I wish we had a millions more like him in that regard. Obama and Hilary and their ilk despise America and want to reshape it into an image that no founding father would approve of. To hell with Obama, the Clintons and the Bushs' too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are you rambling about?

Oct 16, 2016, 5:54 AM

The Western World hates Trump He has a 9 percent approval rating in Europe. They think he is an absolute idiot. They are shocked that we are even considering him. You're absolutely clueless. I spend a couple months each Summer in Europe. I was in Spain, Hungary, and Germany for 2 months this past Summer. They are in shock he is even a possibility.

Hilarious

Oct 16, 2016, 4:26 PM

No one could be worse than Merkel, and you're asking us to respect he opinions of Germans on an election in a country thousands of miles away?

The truth is that the opinions of Germans (and Europeans more generally) regarding foreign and domestic is formed by the mass media, and there are very few people anywhere who actually think critically and independently.

Ummm Einstein..

Oct 16, 2016, 6:32 PM

I am talking about all of Europe. Thanks for coming though, bud. That effort was adorable.

Re: Ummm Einstein..

Oct 16, 2016, 8:50 PM

Treating serious discussions as occasions for dishing out stupid snark should be beneath anyone associated with Clemson University.

Re: I don't like Trump for numerous reasons..

Oct 15, 2016, 2:00 AM [ in reply to I don't like Trump for numerous reasons.. ]

Do you not recall when a large ISIS force was advancing across a desert to strike Aleppo or Damascus I believe it was and we let them have their 2-3 days to do it? We could have destroyed them easily. Why did we do that? Oh, because ISIS are remnants of Al Qa'ida that we reconstituted , and are now our proxy army because we want to overthrow another Middle Eastern regime. W caught hell from the Dems for that type of thinking. Remember the so called Bush doctrine? Now that Ovulva and Hilary are at the controls the Dems are executing it 100%. No worries though because they can always excuse their ineptitude by saying its all W's fault. This is a perfect example of there not being a dimes worth of difference between either party. At least Trump is a step towards an exit from the Matrix.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That post is just clueless on too many levels to respond...

Oct 16, 2016, 5:58 AM

That said, here is a link to your prior post. Yeah they just love Trump in Europe...

http://fortune.com/2016/06/29/donald-trump-gets-rock-bottom-ratings-in-international-survey/

Re: That post is just clueless on too many levels to respond...

Oct 16, 2016, 8:52 PM

Why are you telling me this? I have no interest in this whatsoever.

Disregard the above

Oct 16, 2016, 9:02 PM

Somehow I wound up at the wrong spot in the thread. You were directing that comment to someone else who had made a claim to which you're comment was responsive. Sorry about that.

I don't like him either

Oct 16, 2016, 4:21 PM [ in reply to I don't like Trump for numerous reasons.. ]

but what's that got to do with anything?

His policy proposals are good for this nation, while Hillary's are deliberately destructive. I'll vote for Trump with no misgivings whatsoever.

Trump

Oct 16, 2016, 6:33 PM

Most people are against letting more refugees in. That said, there is more to an election than that. The guy is an absolute buffoon.

The precedent was set way before Trump

Oct 14, 2016, 12:29 PM [ in reply to I agree. That said, should we have trash like that... ]

Franc

Oct 14, 2016, 12:45 PM

I like your posts and you always crack me up. that said, this country has never seen anything like Trump and his antics. You know that down deep though.

I agree we've never seen anything like Trump....

Oct 14, 2016, 3:07 PM

There are a couple of words that I don't use that describe him perfectly. However, I sincerely think Hillary is a despicable person. I certainly don't think she is in any way morally superior to Trump. Add to that, I think her policies are horrible. As for her husband, the carouser that he himself is, I think actually has a heart. I just think he has a problem that he can't get over. I think he would be a decent guy to hangout with.

I will vote for Trump because I know what I'm getting with Hillary. And while I know it probably won't happen, I love tell the media who continually misinform the citizenry to kiss my rear.

The illusion that we are somehow to maintain the sanctity of the office sailed a long time ago.

Re: I agree. That said, should we have trash like that...

Oct 15, 2016, 1:19 AM [ in reply to I agree. That said, should we have trash like that... ]

Please tell me what former POTUS or candidate for POTUS was or is a bigger piece of trash than WJC? And no fair saying it doesn't matter now. If what WJC did in the past doesn't matter now then what DJT said in the past doesn't matter either. And btw Hilary just recently had a year long run where she lied to everyone on Earth incessantly. Does that not disqualify her for POTUS?

Who is the rapper in the photo?***

Oct 14, 2016, 1:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who is the rapper in the photo?***

Oct 14, 2016, 1:39 PM

Snoop Dogg. Some of his other song creations are: "Payin' for p _ _ _ _ y"; "B - - - ch Please"; and "I wanna F _ _ k You"...

...as for his White House visit, here's what he had to add about "smokin' weed at the White House during that visit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80_eom0Zx2k

nm

That ain't Snoop Dog in that pic, is it? In the OP?

Oct 14, 2016, 1:49 PM

This is probably the only post I'll ever make with the words "Snoop Dog" in it.

Lol. That does not look like Snoop Dogg to me.

Oct 14, 2016, 1:58 PM

Are those Snoop Dogg's lyrics?

null

My bad, then. Thought someone said it was Snoop...

Oct 14, 2016, 3:31 PM [ in reply to That ain't Snoop Dog in that pic, is it? In the OP? ]

...to tell the truth, as far as rappers go, I couldn't tell snoop dog from snoop cat from 49 cents...

...tho' I do think I recognize Ice Cube... or is it Ice T, from the Barbershop movies?

ibdamdifiknow!

PS: If it ISN'T Snoop in the pix, the songs I listed (which I had to google for lyrics, then scroll thru 'about three albums worth' to get those 'jewels') ARE Snoop's songs, and per the YouTube video, Snoop was ALSO 'in the House' as a guest, so AGAIN I say "Mr. and Mrs. President: hypocrite much?!".

Replies: 77
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic