Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tajh Boyd as QB Coach?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Tajh Boyd as QB Coach?

Dec 10, 2019, 8:42 AM

Just a thought...It would be nice if TB was qualified for the job but I don't think he has the experience needed. If he did though, it would be nice to see him back with the program. So much of what Clemson is now started with Tajh and he will always be one of may favorite players

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Tajh Boyd as QB Coach?

Dec 10, 2019, 8:48 AM

Tajh needs to be on the staff in some compacity. They guy is a a great ambassador for Clemson! Definitely one of my all time favorite players!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

Dec 10, 2019, 8:58 AM

I think the traditional role for him would be to take a GA position for a few years and then move to a position coach at a lower level school. Streeter was a GA in 2004 and 2005. He then went to Liberty for 6 years as their QB Coach. Then he went to Richmond as the OC.

My only point in bringing this up is that the road to becoming the QB coach at Clemson is a long one that usually starts with a few years as a GA then another 5-10 working through the various offensive coaching roles.

Love Taj, and he'd be a great addition to our staff in any capacity. Just don't think there's a chance for him as QB coach quite yet.

good player =/= good coach***

Dec 10, 2019, 8:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: good player =/= good coach***

Dec 10, 2019, 9:12 AM

That could be true or it could be not true. Hard to know until you give the guy a chance. Just saying, though I don't think Tajh becomes the QB coach.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:17 AM

My concern about Boyd, and was possibly the same concern the NFL had about him, is his inability to get thru his progressions fast enough. I'm not sure I would want him trying to teach others how to do what he could not do.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:23 AM

Number 1 alltime in the ACC with 133tds behind an offensive line that was lightyears behind what we have now. Tajh was one of the greatest Tigers ever.

Now, I think a guy who has spent his years

Dec 10, 2019, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Tajh Boyd as QB Coach? ]

doing anything but coaching cannot get a gig like QB coach off the street. However, being able to do has nothing to do with being able to each others to do. In fact, I don't know many great players in any sport that went on to be great coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love the guy for what he did at Clemson, and for the man

Dec 10, 2019, 9:23 AM

he is, but... No.

No need

Dec 10, 2019, 9:27 AM

For a QB coach? Streeter is staying.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:47 AM

Have you ever considered he doesn't want to go into coaching?

He has a job.

If he wanted to coach, he'd be coaching so where. There are thousands of opportunities out there. He'd find one if he wanted one.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:50 AM

Love Tajh, but we need someone with experience. I'm sure Dabo already has ideas about who he wants.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

You are aware we have a QB coach right?***

Dec 10, 2019, 9:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 10:28 AM

He needs a lot of coming up through the ranks. I honestly think T.L. knows more about the q.b. position than Tajh does.

Dec 10, 2019, 3:48 PM

I hope Streeter never leaves. He rehabbed Cole Stoudt in a single game and developed Deshaun, KB, and TL. He's a good a QB coach as there is.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic