Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame Obsession
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,235

Notre Dame Obsession

Sep 23, 2015, 8:41 AM

I think we are obsessing over Notre Dame a little too much. The fact the we are continously calling it things like "the most important game in Death Valley history" or a "program changer" seems absurd to me.

It's cool Notre Dame is coming to town, but our reaction to it is part of the same reason the media pumps them up every year. It's just another big night game, it's not even a conference game. A loss to them hurts us far less than a loss to FSU.

That being said maybe the reason I feel this way is I watched them in person last year at the Music City Bowl. While I was there nothing magical happened. It was just another team with a lot of northern fans that beat LSU on the back of Les Miles tremendous play calling.

I know I'm in the extreme minority but I just want us to win the game and quit stroking the Domers egos about how important they are. Because obsessing over playing them tells me that we as a program still aren't where we need to be yet.

Beat the Irish

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame Obsession- not convinced they are that great

Sep 23, 2015, 8:43 AM

as I'm not w GT either but we need the win to be taken seriously as a ranked and solid program. Plus ND attracts a lot of eyes. The exposure will be great

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame Obsession

Sep 23, 2015, 8:46 AM

I think it's all media talk with "the most important game ever"

In all reality, if we beat ND, then the GT game and the FSwho game will each be the most important game... Now that sounds like coach speak, but they are all the most important if you're making a run at the top spot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame Obsession

Sep 23, 2015, 8:48 AM

No team, even 'Bama, get the exposure that ND gets from the tv talking heads and the news print guys so beating them is very important to the Clemson program.

sure as heck is an ACC Conf game...***

Sep 23, 2015, 8:49 AM

ND is currently a Top 10 program ranked ahead us... This IS

Sep 23, 2015, 8:51 AM

a big game as far as this season goes and besides that, it's the NEXT ONE... As to being a program changer - only if we run the table and make the playoffs. Of course all games qualify for that...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,235
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic