Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 862

Notre Dame

Oct 19, 2014, 3:35 AM

Seen a lot of people saying Notre Dame should join as a full member. That would be great, but realistically who then would be 16? Unfortunately there is not a lot to choose from so let's run down the options.

1. At one time i know the ACC was in talks with Texas to try and add them. While this would definitely be the best option, i just don't see it happening. At least not for another 12 years or so when the Big12 GOR runs out. At that time ur may be possible that a certain entity (hmmm, ESPN) may try to convince them that heading east is the way to go. Not sure that'll ever work, so what's next.
2. I could see if Notre Dame ever got serious about joining, them wanting to bring along Navy. Now, why this gets us back in the DC market it does little else for the conference.
3. The 3rd option would be West Virginia. Good program in both major sports, unfortunately, like Texas, is tied to the BIG12 by the grant of rights.
4. The last and most likely is a toss up between a couple of AAC teams. UCONN, Cincy and UCF. Cincy has some good runs in both major sports plus has one of the best recruiting grounds in the country. New TV market. A lot of upside. UCF, may have the biggest upside of any school in the country right now. One of the largest enrollments in the country as well as one of the best recruiting areas. Unfortunately we already have 2 schools in Florida and don't see us adding a third. Not that i would be against it, i mean look at the BIG12 and the PAC with four schools in Texas and California. I don't see it as a bad thing, but i still don't see this happening. And last, it's UCONN, even though they do have a BCS appearance, let's face it, the football program is a long ways away from being considered a quality program, but with multiple national championships in both men's and women's basketball, what school offers more than UCONN? Of course, rumor is BC has been blocking this move for years, so i don't know. Any other opinions out there? Realistic opinions, for the record, no one is leaving the SEC or BIG10 any time soon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame

Oct 19, 2014, 4:05 AM

I like the conversation you started but you forgot one school that is on the upswing. ECU. They have their rivalry with UNC and NC State. They have a loyal following and they would love to join the ACC. The way they have been playing I think they would compete well in the conference. They would hate all the other NC schools so it would be fun watching them beat them up and it over the other NC schools. They may not be as glamorous as others but they would treat it as a privilege to be in our conference and they would be a thor in Swofford side.

Oct 19, 2014, 4:12 AM

No way ACC adds a fifth North Carolina school!

Exactly. No way UCF,ECU or USF will ever be ACC schools.

Oct 19, 2014, 4:42 AM

Its all about adding new states and adding additional TV revenue now. I will never understand why its even brought up.

Oct 19, 2014, 4:56 AM

Notre Dme isn't joining as a full member.
End of discussion.

Replies: 4
| visibility 862
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic