Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Noticed something today I had forgotten
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,007

Noticed something today I had forgotten

Jan 6, 2021, 2:02 PM

I joined TigerNet shortly after Tommy Bowden was named head coach of our Tigers. During my time on TigerNet, we have gone 208-76 (.732), won 7 ACC titles and two national championships. In January 1999, I was less than 10 years removed from being a Clemson student, a new father (and expecting #2). Since I joined TigerNet, I have watched my only son be born, and then graduate from my alma mater. I saw my oldest daughter enroll in grad school at CU, and hope to see my youngest enroll in undergrad this August. And I am still married to the same gal (a CU grad herself).

What is your TigerNet history? When did you join, and what led you here? I guess whomever comes up with the lowest win percentage gets to claim "most loyal TigerNetter)". Seems like it would also probably be the longest term member, as I missed out on the West years, and TigerNet itself started during his coaching tenure.

I know the "when did you join" question is not so straightforward for some of you, so I guess answer based on the account you are replying from, LOL. I look forward to hearing your answers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was a long time tigernet lurker and finally decided

Jan 6, 2021, 2:10 PM

to join in December 2008, which was less than 2 months after my son was born. Trying to survive the insanity of having a newborn while being off work and being up really late at nights, I decided to sign up to give me something to do. It was also shortly after Dabo beat the coots as an interim coach, so I've had a pretty good W/L record since then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

TL;DR***

Jan 6, 2021, 2:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

GO BACK TO FGFCOOT!!!

Jan 6, 2021, 2:15 PM

63-17, 6 in a row! Suck one!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

My story is somewhat similar...

Jan 6, 2021, 2:18 PM

I joined TN in 1999 which was the year Tommy Bowden became Clemson's 24th head coach.

I am a lifelong Tiger (Class of 85 - BS and nd Class of 88 - MBA). My grandfather was a 1924 grad. He took me to my fist Clemson football game in 1971. I was 8 years old. He passed away before I enrolled but when I graduated, my grandmother gave me his class ring which is the single greatest gift I have or will ever receive. I wore it instead of my own for many years until it really started showing its age.

Since joining TN, both of my daughters graduated from Clemson. One in 2016 and the other in 2018. I am still married to the same great gal too (also a CU grad with both an UG and Masters degree). Ironically, I did not meet her until after we graduated although there was a brief period when we both at Clemson at the same time and had some mutual friends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

obligatory old school response

Jan 6, 2021, 4:37 PM

"I am still married to the same great gal too (also a CU grad with both an UG and Masters degree)."

PICS!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Noticed something today I had forgotten

Jan 6, 2021, 2:19 PM

Nov 13, 2004
5-4 Clemson facing 1-8 Duke. Clemson allowed Duke to score 10 points in the last minute and a half. Classic Bowden.

Not many Clemson fans in Hawaii and needed someone to commiserate with. Although we are thousands of miles away most of the year, TigerNet helps us still feel connected to God’s Country.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Noticed something today I had forgotten

Jan 6, 2021, 2:33 PM

traveled to florida as a young child with my parents in the 50's and became acquainted with all of the southern coastal states as a result.left conecicut at 17 in 1964 and really came to CU on a whim which turned out to be one of my best life choices.after CU went to grad school in boston and then enlisted in the army in 1972.was sent on a hardship tour to ft. jackson for 3 yrs.so having spent 7 yrs. of my life and many vacations and trips as well in SC,i consider it my adopted home state.love the people there and have friends from both school and the military throughout the state,and so return whenever i can.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Been on here through 20 football seasons with a 197-69

Jan 6, 2021, 3:17 PM

record. Interesting that we have been to a bowl game every year in that run save for the Holtz-Brawl year. Lots of great memories! And only 2 coaches...............

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joined in 00

Jan 6, 2021, 4:35 PM

Threw the greatest party in Tigernet history at the 2002 Tangerine Bowl

Some jerk named Cliff Kingsbury ruined the night by repeatedly throwing TDs to Wes Welker

Mostly retired from TNet but come around every now and then. Wife still a Tiger grad and still hot. You had to be around at the turn of the century, I posted the pics then

Love hoops, and wish more Clemson fans did too

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,007
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic