Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So what's your beer of choice at the moment? My fav at the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 94
| visibility 1

So what's your beer of choice at the moment? My fav at the

Feb 13, 2019, 10:59 PM

moment is Sierra Nevada's Hazy Little Thing IPA.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing extra special . . . Shiner Bock***

Feb 13, 2019, 11:02 PM

LOL -

Soooo . . . I earn "thumbs down" by answering the question, "What is MY beer of choice, at the moment?"

I guess what I was enjoying didn't suit someone else's taste? Must have been coots.

Message was edited by: Skeeta56®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have Shiner cans and bottles in fridge at moment. Almost

Feb 13, 2019, 11:06 PM

grabbed one tonight.

Shiners in the bottles only for me - cans just seem wrong!

Feb 13, 2019, 11:14 PM

As for IPA's . . . me no like!!! My oldest son is a big fan though. Will get some of yours and have it here for him next time he comes down!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The hazys are a little toned down versus regular IPAs. May

Feb 13, 2019, 11:16 PM

be worth your while!

This 100% accurate

Feb 14, 2019, 6:21 AM

I don’t mind the extra hoppy beers, but sometimes I want something a bit easier on the pallet. Hazy is perfect imo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shiners in the bottles only for me - cans just seem wrong!

Feb 14, 2019, 6:07 AM [ in reply to Shiners in the bottles only for me - cans just seem wrong! ]

My pops doesn't like the bitter hopped IPAs either but really enjoys the New England style IPAs. As Lakedude said the hazy NE IPA's usually have little to no bitterness at all. I usual have a NE IPA when I get home from work with dinner (Usually something from New Anthem, Wilmington Brewing, Bill's Brewing, Heist, Burial, Commonwealth) and then a heavy beer as a night cap later before bed such as an imperial stout, strong ale, wee heavy and preferably bourbon barrel aged :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shiners in the bottles only for me - cans just seem wrong!

Feb 17, 2019, 10:12 PM

My pops doesn't like the bitter hopped IPAs either but really enjoys the New England style IPAs. As Lakedude said the hazy NE IPA's usually have little to no bitterness at all. I usual have a NE IPA when I get home from work with dinner (Usually something from New Anthem, Wilmington Brewing, Bill's Brewing, Heist, Burial, Commonwealth) and then a heavy beer as a night cap later before bed such as an imperial stout, strong ale, wee heavy and preferably bourbon barrel aged :)

Self admitted beer snob here that is involved in beer trades and all and get beer from all over the country... Commonwealth Brewing, imo, is making the best NEIPAS in the country.

At this minute, I am drinking Sacca Rappa (NEIPA) from Mast Landing in Maine.

As far as mainstream NEIPAs, hazy little thing is great. As is dabble by sixpoint. Also enjoy Stones new fear lions movie NEIPA.

Re: Nothing extra special . . . Shiner Bock***

Feb 17, 2019, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Nothing extra special . . . Shiner Bock*** ]

You’re not allowed to have an opinion on this board... If you express it, the TD’s will come.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nothing extra special . . . Shiner Bock***

Feb 17, 2019, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Nothing extra special . . . Shiner Bock*** ]

I missed that happening, yeah that's weak to TD someone's opinion about a beer, geez. TD my taste in cars/trucks, TD my choice in women even, but I'll be danged if you TD my choice in beer! Can't a man have anything anymore?!?!

Re: So what's your beer of choice at the moment? My fav at the

Feb 13, 2019, 11:04 PM

A Brad Brown Ale it's as flat tasting as a Guinness

Budweiser collector's can from the 88 olympics

Feb 13, 2019, 11:06 PM

It still taste good after all these years

Guess they are better cans than Natty Cokes***

Feb 13, 2019, 11:08 PM

weihenstephaner hefe weissbier dunkel

Feb 13, 2019, 11:16 PM

Can’t beat German beers for flavor and drinkability!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do like a Warsteiner every now and again.***

Feb 13, 2019, 11:18 PM

Re: weihenstephaner hefe weissbier dunkel

Feb 14, 2019, 5:18 AM [ in reply to weihenstephaner hefe weissbier dunkel ]

That may have been true in the 70s , but there are now thousands of American beers in every style imaginable. After years of drinking American beers fresh right at the brewery I find German beers to be very blah.

I agree - used to like them - now they are all blah***

Feb 14, 2019, 6:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Feb 14, 2019, 6:11 AM [ in reply to Re: weihenstephaner hefe weissbier dunkel ]

Yeah I'm sure the German one's taste a lot better at the source too but I too in general prefer American styles now. I can't remember is that a Julius in your profile pic?

Feb 14, 2019, 7:25 AM

Nah, it was a some Citra/__?_ beer taken at the old Other Half Tap room a few years ago. I can't remember exactly what it was but it was a two hop beer that was just called whatever the hops were. If I remember correctly I didn't particularly like it, but I really liked how the picture turned out.

Edit... I just found what it was. Citra + Ekuanot Double IPA

Franziskaner i bet...***

Feb 14, 2019, 10:29 AM

IPAs = Blah***

Feb 14, 2019, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: weihenstephaner hefe weissbier dunkel ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like something I'd get at Nick's.***

Feb 15, 2019, 7:02 PM [ in reply to weihenstephaner hefe weissbier dunkel ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Feb 13, 2019, 11:29 PM

Had a Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing IPA last night. Very good beer! I'm also a big fan of SweetWater 420 and Mosaic. Another good one I found a few months ago is Founders All Day IPA. All of these are toned down IPA's that are easy to drink.

Feb 14, 2019, 1:32 AM

Lefthand Milk Stout

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a good one.***

Feb 14, 2019, 10:39 AM

Feb 14, 2019, 5:21 AM

Just finished off my last can of Other Half DDH Double Mosaic Dream last night. I’d say that is in my top 10 of all time.

Dang man. Did you order that from Starbucks?***

Feb 14, 2019, 5:33 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang man. Did you order that from Starbucks?***

Feb 14, 2019, 7:18 AM

LOL. Good thing I abbreviated the DDH or it would have been "Double Dry Hopped Double Mosaic Dream". Mosaic hops are probably my favorite at this point, so I think it's fantastic. Some of the names get ridiculous though, but they can be hilarious.

Feb 14, 2019, 6:15 AM [ in reply to Re: So what's your beer of choice at the moment? My fav at the ]

Have you had a chance to try any of Cushwa's IPA's yet? Not sure if they distribute up there or not but they aren't terribly far from Jersey

Feb 14, 2019, 7:27 AM

I have not come across Cushwa yet, to be honest I haven't heard of them before now. Good stuff? I see they are from MD, and the only two microbrewery's I now from MD are Burley Oak and RAR.

I'll keep an eye out for Cushwa.

Feb 14, 2019, 10:13 AM

Yeah def upper tier IPAs

Other Half did a recent collaboration with Burial

Feb 14, 2019, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: So what's your beer of choice at the moment? My fav at the ]

called I Used to be an Athlete, it's a DDH that is fantastic. I wish we had more access to Other Half down here, they make some great beers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Other Half did a recent collaboration with Burial

Feb 14, 2019, 9:41 AM

OH has done a few collabs with Burial over the years. For some reason they nearly always seem to be sold in NC and not in NY. It's weird because most of the other collabs they do seem to alternate where the distribution takes place, except with Burial. Also the beers they do together always taste more Burial than Other Half to me. I did get my hands on "I Left My Wallet In A Bed-Stuy Juice Bar" which was a collab from a few years ago and it was great.

The guys from Burial came up to NYC maybe two years and went to several bars and brought their beers. I went to one and really liked what they put out. Burial was much more subdued than Other Half Beers typically are. OH beers just punch you in the face with hops (in a good way). They just get so much flavor out of the hops, they must put in 2 or 3 times more than most other breweries do.

Burial has stepped it up recently, they're probably my

Feb 14, 2019, 10:38 AM

2nd favorite in NC, with Heist being my favorite. Blurred is the Word and Uber Quench'l from Heist are two really great beers. Most of what I get out of NY is from SingleCut, they do a good job, but OH is definitely better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Burial has stepped it up recently, they're probably my

Feb 14, 2019, 1:34 PM

Not sure how you are getting your NY beers, but if you are trading for them I'd recommend you try to get Equilibrium (for IPAs), Hudson Valley (for Sour IPAs), Grimm, LIC, and Root + Branch. All of those are better than Singlecut.

Hudson Valley and Root + Branch are a bit harder to come by of that list.

I'm not a fan of the sours, I like Equilibrium (esp MC2) and

Feb 14, 2019, 3:55 PM

Grimm (I've had Afterimage and Tesseract, both great). I'll have to check out LIC and Root + Branch, thanks for the info!

Re: Burial has stepped it up recently, they're probably my

Feb 17, 2019, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Burial has stepped it up recently, they're probably my ]

GWPTiger® If you like them you really have to try New Anthem. And I agree that Used to be an Athlete is fantastic, just finished my last can yesterday!

Thanks

Feb 18, 2019, 8:38 AM

TigerInCH®, I'll check New Anthem out, I see they're out of Wilmington...only brewery I've tried there is Wilmington Brewing Company. Their Tropical Lightning IPA is decent.

Feb 14, 2019, 6:07 AM

While I can still find it on tap Highland Cold Mountain. Good seasonal beer that’s easy to drink. Also Real Cheese from Golden Grove Farm and Brewery.

Sweetwater G13 is interesting. New Belgium Juicy Voodoo

Feb 14, 2019, 6:13 AM

Ranger is solid.

My all time right now is Six Point Brewery Resin ...... as smooth a 9% as you will find.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Feb 14, 2019, 6:14 AM

Kentucky Bourbon Ale. Got introduced to it at the Esso.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 14, 2019, 6:18 AM

That one is awesome! I’ve also been into #### Yankee by Southern Brewing Co. down in Bluffton.

Feb 14, 2019, 6:30 AM

Appalachian Mountain Brewery Porter and Highland Brewing Thunderstruck Porter

Feb 14, 2019, 6:35 AM

from N. j. Very good and smooth if you ever the chance to try

"Free" what ever you buying***

Feb 14, 2019, 7:13 AM

Feb 14, 2019, 7:23 AM

Coors Banquet...in the stubby bottles. Also, Lone Star...and occasionally, Land Shark.

Go Tigers!!!

Feb 14, 2019, 7:26 AM

If I can find it, my favorites are Red Horse (Philippines beer that is kinda like playing roulette...one beer, you might be alright..another time and that one will knock you down :)
Singha from Thailand is awesome too!

Go Tigers!!!

Stubbies are better....***

Feb 17, 2019, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: So what's your beer of choice at the moment? My fav at the ]

Feb 14, 2019, 8:11 AM

New Belgium Brewing is my current favorite. Fat Tire has been around for a long time and isn't too hoppy. If you like something with a bit more bite, try the Voodoo Ranger series.

Voodoo Ranger 7% ABV & 50 IBU
Voodoo Ranger Imperial (packs a punch 9% ABV & 70 IBU a bit bitter to cover the alcohol)
Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze (unfiltered 7.5% ABV & 42 IBU)

Highly recommend pouring into a glass instead of drinking straight from the bottle.

Feb 14, 2019, 8:21 AM

Really don’t have one right now. It’s been awhile since that’s happened. I’m going to the beer festival this Saturday at the fairgrounds here in Gangland. Maybe I find a new one there. ??

I found this stuff called "O Douls" ...

Feb 14, 2019, 9:07 AM

I can drink it all day long and still operate heavy machinery no problem.

Fire Brownell!

Feb 14, 2019, 9:07 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

step one, invite a coot into your garage for a beer

Feb 14, 2019, 9:17 AM

step two: give them one of these

Very nice!***

Feb 14, 2019, 9:27 AM

Re: step one, invite a coot into your garage for a beer

Feb 14, 2019, 10:11 AM [ in reply to step one, invite a coot into your garage for a beer ]

lmao!

Feb 14, 2019, 9:32 AM

Coors Light

Feb 14, 2019, 10:04 AM

For people who really don't like the taste of beer. They just like to pee a lot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Feb 14, 2019, 10:25 AM

Highlands "Midnight Summit" Milk Stout.

Then again, I just finished off my Cold Mountain stash and been mixing in the Gaelic for a while. Greenman ESB, Highwire's Bed of Nails and whatever the Mrs is drinking is in the mix every so often. Glad to have something that is very good coming available after Cold Mountain season (not their best year).

but prefer bitter/amber-brown ales/stouts.

And I joking will drink any small batch that isn't and IPA. Seriously, the next time I go to a brewery and 9 of the selections are IPA, I am going to lose it. Actually I uninvite people to my house if they bring over an IPA.

Feb 14, 2019, 10:26 AM

I like Shiner Bock but my absolute favorite is Red Oak which is brewed in Burlington, NC. Their brewery is right next to I-85 and can be seen when driving through the area. They sell Red Oak in some of the local NC grocery stores, but I can’t find it in SC so I just buy it when I pass through NC.

Will pick up some Red Oak . . .

Feb 17, 2019, 1:15 PM

When I'm in the Southern Pines area next week.

Thanks for the heads up Lex!!!

Any IPA in the 7-10% range is good.

Feb 14, 2019, 10:35 AM

too little ABV and its going to be extra bitter and dry. too much ABV 11%+ and its going to be too sweet and syrupy...not to mention it has about as many calories as a milk shake.

Founders KBS

Feb 14, 2019, 10:37 AM

I'm rarely able to get it though.

Re: Founders KBS

Feb 14, 2019, 4:08 PM

I’m honestly surprised that nobody has mentioned it but the my favorite and the best in my opinion would have to be Terrapin Brewing Co. out of Athens. Everything they make is gold, whether it’s the hopsecutioner or Recreation ale, high 5 or rye IPA. The Wake and Bake porter with Jittery Joe’s is awesome too. They have the Chopsecutioner which is an interesting one I love that is the hopsecutioner brewed with aged Mizuno baseball bat wood. It’s a node to the Braves.

Feb 14, 2019, 4:06 PM

i like sierra's pale ale. i know that's pretty conventional, but i don't like overhopped beer.

Feb 14, 2019, 6:07 PM

New Glarus Brewery's "Spotted Cow" is G-o-o-o-o-o-o-D. I read an article this week about the Ten Best Brewerys in the US and the New Glarus Brewery in New Glarus, WI, was in that group. Their distribution range is quite limited.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2019, 1:02 AM

In fact, they don’t allow anyone to sell it outside of WI. Part of the mystique I guess. I agree. It’s a good beer.

Feb 17, 2019, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: So what's your beer of choice at the moment? My fav at the ]

I tell ya @joe21 some how some way, you still find a different way to be my hero every week! Cheers sir!

Beersnob bored is that way -------------------------------->***

Feb 14, 2019, 6:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always preferred pilsner.

Feb 14, 2019, 6:38 PM

My favorite is Bitburger. Import from Germany. If you can find it on tap it is even better.

Drank a lot of Bit while on a trip to Germany.

Feb 17, 2019, 4:48 PM

Liked it so much I got a German short hair and named it Bit.

Drank a lot of Bit while on a trip to Germany.

Feb 17, 2019, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Always preferred pilsner. ]

Liked it so much I got a German short hair and named it Bit.

Mexican Cake. Brewed in Charleston

Feb 14, 2019, 6:52 PM

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24134/78011/

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Yeah.. love the heat***

Feb 17, 2019, 4:50 PM

Kapuziner Jefe Weitzen***

Feb 14, 2019, 7:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2019, 7:19 PM

I’ve got a few, but I’ve really taken to Holy City’s Overlly Friendly IPA.

Feb 14, 2019, 8:03 PM

This is pretty on point right now. Terrapin Gamma Ray Wheatwine brewed with honey from the Savannah Bee Company. It’s not for the weak as it’s 10.8% ABV

Feb 14, 2019, 8:07 PM

Having Other Half’s Finest Mixed Nuts. 12% Imperial Stout,

https://untappd.com/b/other-half-brewing-co-mixed-nuts/3041440

Feb 15, 2019, 7:32 AM

Stella Artois, Red Stripe

Feb 15, 2019, 7:47 PM

Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues. There may be better beers out there but this is easy to find and never lets me down.

Creature Comforts Tropicalia out of Athens

Feb 15, 2019, 7:56 PM

Also my old standby Sweetwater 420.

Colors Light for those day drinkin days

Feb 15, 2019, 9:52 PM

I have 3 nattys!!

Feb 15, 2019, 9:57 PM

Miller High Life, The champagne of bottled beer

Feb 16, 2019, 12:13 AM

Rhineguiest “Streaker”. Closely followed by Rhineguist “Truth”. Both excellent IPAs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2019, 1:28 PM

Truth is my absolute favorite. Can you find it down here? I've been bringing a couple of cases back whenever I have to go back to OH.

Found some Bell's Two Hearted Ale at the store. Good stuff!

Feb 17, 2019, 11:27 AM

Very nice American IPA.

Feb 17, 2019, 1:25 PM

At the moment? I like the same beer today as I did 30 years ago. Never been anywhere where they didn't have it. My beer is #1 just like Clemson.....Bud Light.

Feb 17, 2019, 2:07 PM

I’ve moved away from IPAs. I think I over did it when I was in school. Use to be a regular at the Wall of Beer. I don’t know if that’s what it’s even called or that’s what just what we called it but it was basically a gas station over behind the armory on your way into to Pendleton and it was by far the best beer selection in tigertown. Had hundreds of beers. Think I drank everyone of them haha.

Now days I prefer red ales or a nice porter. Highlands oatmeal porter is delicious on cold days.

I’ve heard there’s about 4 or 5 more breweries coming to Greenville in the next year or so. Hoping they are better than the ones currently here. Not overly crazy about any of them.

Cold and free

Feb 17, 2019, 2:14 PM

Are generally my favorite beers. ??

I really have found all sorts of styles I like. I tend to gravitate towards IPAs and easy peasy lagers (think craft brew but better than Bud/Miller/Coors).

Allagash White Witbier***

Feb 17, 2019, 4:54 PM

Everyone bring their favorite to the

Feb 17, 2019, 5:51 PM

first tailgate this Fall and get together.

Re: Everyone bring their favorite to the

Feb 17, 2019, 8:32 PM

Bud light on most days, but I would like to find some one selling Karlsburg Elephant.

Re: Everyone bring their favorite to the

Feb 17, 2019, 9:08 PM

Angry Orchards and Apricot Blue Moon. Good with Wings.

Feb 18, 2019, 8:42 AM

https://goo.gl/images/6NPZds

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Natural Light !! been my fav for 30 years !!!***

Feb 18, 2019, 8:50 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze IPA is another good one. Found

Feb 19, 2019, 10:25 PM

it at Earth Fare earlier this week.

Replies: 94
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic