Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Note to Charone Peake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,368

Note to Charone Peake

Oct 10, 2015, 9:54 PM

The great Teddy Roosevelt said it best:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Don't listen to the cold timid souls who have never been in the arena...the ones who call themselves fans. Battle on young man. You may be the man who catches the TD to beat FSU or to seal a playoff birth. Real Clemson fans are behind you 110%.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Note to Charone Peake

Oct 10, 2015, 10:05 PM

One helluva block.

Sure was!***

Oct 10, 2015, 10:06 PM

Oct 10, 2015, 10:07 PM

Thank you sir. Thank you.

Oct 10, 2015, 11:40 PM

You are welcome.

Amen.***

Oct 10, 2015, 10:11 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Best blocking WR on the team

Oct 10, 2015, 10:26 PM

It's more to what goes on than catching passes. I have confidence that Peake will make a catch on offense that will be game changer for us. I still believe in him.

Oct 10, 2015, 11:43 PM

Did you say the same about Cole Stoudt? Guy wasn't the best but tried his damndest. Same with Peake.

Oct 11, 2015, 12:16 AM

I say that advice from Theodore applies to any athlete. I've been in the arena at the HS and college levels, and had my struggles. My head coach actually shared this with me during a mighty tough patch. It doesn't take away the reality that we as fans will be critical. It's human nature. Im afraid I'm now one of the cold timid souls. My intent with the post was not to call out frustrated fans.

I'm sure as a Tiger grad and avid fan I rode the same roller coaster as other fans with Cole's senior season. His finale against Oklahoma definitely was testament to the high achievement Roosevelt mentions as one possible prize for those who persevere.

Peake is a 1000 times more talented than Stoudt***

Oct 11, 2015, 1:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Note to Charone Peake ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2015, 1:42 AM

Agreed.

Peake's block sprung Wayne for a TD.

Oct 11, 2015, 4:55 AM

I was also delighted to see Jordan block and ###### up everything that came his way. Looks like we have a team now not just a QB and some fancy pants WRs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,368
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic