Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not your Daddy's Billy Brice? Check for yourself
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Not your Daddy's Billy Brice? Check for yourself

Apr 24, 2013, 8:16 PM
image.jpg(463.8 K)
image.jpg(374.5 K)

To the poster who claims Bily Brice has seen an upgrade. Here are google earth images of Billy Brice and Death Valley. You look at the both and tell me which has a nicer surrounding.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not your Daddy's Billy Brice? Check for yourself

Apr 24, 2013, 8:33 PM

Well they don't have grass (the kind you walk on), they don't have a campus, they don't have a lake. Well besides that, they are almost the same. Oh yea, they have that ugly chicken thing going on too. But the upside of billy brice is that it is the exact spot where the Tigers will regain the state championship later this year.

Yeah didn't want to say anything

Apr 24, 2013, 8:45 PM

but I just drove by there a few weeks ago and thought, "How does this make anyone want to spend the next 4 years here?" The surroundings are very drab and shady looking.

I can tell you

Apr 24, 2013, 8:51 PM

Same reason any player picks any school

1) They like their coaches

2) They grow up liking the team

3) They visit and enjoy the experience and treatment they receive

4) They make valuable friendships- or want to follow friends

In other words you agree its a dump LOL

Apr 24, 2013, 11:48 PM

nm

LOL...

Apr 24, 2013, 8:47 PM

the atmosphere appears cleaner over Tigertown.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you had to spend a night(10pm-7am) outside either stadium

Apr 24, 2013, 8:48 PM

by yourself, no cell phone, & unarmed -

which one would you choose?

Everyone surveyed would give the same answer.

strange comparison

Apr 24, 2013, 8:52 PM

#1 who wants to spend a night outside a stadium anywhere - anytime?

#2 - players play football - they don't tailgate, sit in the stands, or stand around outside the stadium wondering much of anything.

Re: strange comparison

Apr 24, 2013, 8:54 PM

Not a strange comparison at all spin master. Which would you feel safer around? It is a simple question.

null

comparison

Apr 24, 2013, 9:08 PM

I don't spend time hanging around any stadium unless I am walking into it for a game

Personally, I don't feel "safe" in a lot of big cities, but I enjoy visiting and attending events- and lots of people live there too.

You're still not answering the question

Apr 24, 2013, 9:10 PM

You know the areas around DV are safer than WB.

Here, let me put it this way...how many episodes of Gangland have been filmed in Columbia? Now how many have been filmed in Clemson?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I don't intend to answer it

Apr 24, 2013, 9:11 PM

It's not worth answering because it's irrelevant.

YOu might have a really nice house and in a nice area- I wouldn't want to spend the night in your yard either.

Your silence on the subject is answer enough... G-Shine son.***

Apr 25, 2013, 6:15 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree....

Apr 24, 2013, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: strange comparison ]

She is not a "spin master". She's fails horribly at spinning.. nothing remotely close to being a master. She's actually one of the most transparent spinsters I've ever seen.

Apr 25, 2013, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: strange comparison ]

lol spin master would be the OP who used an outdated picture of WB to prove his point.

Apr 25, 2013, 6:50 AM

It is the current google earth picture it shows your parking lots as grass.

null

Apr 25, 2013, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: strange comparison ]

incase you cant read, it says:

Imagery copyright 2013 DigitalGlobe, US Geological Survey, USDA Farm Service Agency, Map data copyright 2013 Google.

Apr 25, 2013, 9:36 PM

Well the new Farmer's Market is still a big dirt pile in this picture. Soooo this picture is at least a year old. And that makes it outdated.

OP's quote: "tell me which has a nicer surrounding"

Apr 24, 2013, 9:03 PM [ in reply to strange comparison ]

not talking about the stadium itself - we keep hearing that the AREA SURROUNDING Willie Brice is so nice now.

No it's not. Worst stadium area in the SEC. The Iron Bowl in Birmingham is the only comparable area I've seen an SEC game in (TN-Bama many years ago).

Re: OP's quote: "tell me which has a nicer surrounding"

Apr 24, 2013, 9:10 PM

The area around Williams Brice is obviously nothing like a typical college football stadium that is on campus.

However, it's not nearly as bad as most CLemson fans proclaim either.

Yeah I never understand why someone even asks that question.

Apr 24, 2013, 9:17 PM

I doubt anyone in America would say the surroundings at Billy B compare to Clemson or numerous other college campuses.

Yall have to sell other aspects other than beauty of your surroundings.

I don't either.

Apr 24, 2013, 9:49 PM

Our stadium is an off- campus stadium. Heck, it's more like an NFL stadium in that regard.

I am sure if a recruit even cared about that - which I can't imagine- we could sell them on the fact our stadium is more like an NFL experience than college. For some kids that could be a big deal - others not so much You spin what you can.

Like free hotel stays?***

Apr 25, 2013, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Yeah I never understand why someone even asks that question. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I have been to stadiums all over ACC and SEC country...

Apr 24, 2013, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: OP's quote: "tell me which has a nicer surrounding" ]

William Brice's surroundings are one of if not the worst.

I have as well - but

Apr 24, 2013, 9:47 PM

I've never spent anytime looking or caring about the surroundings of any stadium I've ever visited.

I've visited to watch football and leave. But I do understand some people are extremely interested in the trees, what the surroundings are like, etc-

things a fan might be interested in - but a player wouldn't care or notice - because of course they aren't fans. They play ball- they don't tailgate, etc..

You're a riot Miss Tymick...

Apr 24, 2013, 9:55 PM

"The surroundings of a college football stadium are irrelevant".

I mean seriously, do YOU even believe the nutty things you say? I know you work hard trying to convince yourself of your delusions, but you can't possibly deep down believe the poorly contrived stuff you come up with on the fly attempting to defend the indefensible. Can you??

That's probably what I would say too....

Apr 24, 2013, 11:23 PM [ in reply to I have as well - but ]

if the area around my teams stadium was among the worst if not the worst in the Southeast.

BTW...many players do tailgate. They tailgate with their families after the game. In fact, it is a very common occurrence at Clemson.

It's even more telling that your players apparently don't. Of course, the area around Williams Lice Stadium isn't very safe, especially after dark, so who can blame them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah....

Apr 24, 2013, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Re: OP's quote: "tell me which has a nicer surrounding" ]

all the crack dens, abandoned delapidated warehouses, homeless vagrants, and wh0re houses are hardly even noticeable.

Typical denial from Miss Tymick. Like a broken record.***

Apr 24, 2013, 9:39 PM [ in reply to strange comparison ]

Dang, all this time I thought Tboy was TBalm but now I think

Apr 24, 2013, 10:13 PM [ in reply to strange comparison ]

Tboy is Tymick....

Clemson student's camp out at the stadium to pick up

Apr 25, 2013, 5:43 PM [ in reply to strange comparison ]

decent student tickets. So to answer your ?, the clemson student body that is enthusiastic about their team and not afraid of getting robbed or bothered by homeless (neither of which you'd have an issue with camping outside of DV).

I hate SCar as much as anyone but they've made

Apr 24, 2013, 8:51 PM

tremendous improvements around the stadium.

The atmosphere is still pretty terrible, but the new farmers market area makes for good tailgating.

Thats like saying Ms West Va isn't as ugly this year as last***

Apr 24, 2013, 9:05 PM

Bluff Road Projects

Apr 24, 2013, 9:19 PM

I lived in Forest Acres for eight long , laborious years. My wife and I were surrounded by Coot fans and it never surprised me that when I would put my Paw flag out in the front yard during gameweek it would either go missing or end up knocked down.
Coot fans are for the most part decent if not misguided folks ...but they sure dont do losing very well. Over these last 4 years it has become evident that they dont know how to win graciously , either.
Williams Brice is an off campus dump and the surrounding ghetto and train yards are absolutely horrible. You can plant a bunch of palmettos and paint a couple train cars all you like ...its just that a skunk still smells lile a skunk even when its wearing the bunny outfit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 24, 2013, 9:31 PM

The architecture of WB is bad. In the lower deck you enter at the bottom and have to walk up so aisle traffic is bad and it is a hike to the top of the lower deck. It looks like an erector set in the concession areas. Their Zone Area (upgraded area) - you can't see the closer Endzone. Their corner ramps to the upper decks are glorified spiral staircases.

You really don't appreciate how our stadium is laid out until you go other places. The use of the natural valley is really a great feature and practical.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

^^ The Stadium itself is BAAAD. The surroundings even

Apr 24, 2013, 11:51 PM

worse.

Apr 24, 2013, 9:56 PM

You tell 'em coots.

I work a few blocks away from that dump.....

Apr 24, 2013, 10:49 PM

....and can tell you that the only thing that has changed more than a block away from the stadium is that it has gotten more dirty, run-down, and trashy the 20+ years I've been there.

They can show all the pictures they want in the immediate vicinity of the stadium (none of which appeal to me by the way, I prefer natural settings over concrete), but it's still industrial wasteland all around.

Why anyone with 1/2 a brain would try to argue otherwise is absurd. The place is a complete dump; I see it every day.

You can't make chicken salad out of chickenchit...

Apr 24, 2013, 11:16 PM

it doesn't matter how much pickles and mayo Bama mixes in for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2013, 12:30 AM

ITT, Clemson fans showing what losing for four years to your rival will do to a fan base. Reaching for straws. I never heard such talk when you guys were winning the game. Now it's all education and tailgating trolls. Clemson has great tailgating and surrounding areas no doubt, but if it's what makes your tailgating experience and not the people you are with, I would find new people to tailgate with.

Haha, this is a great post to sum up the differences

Apr 25, 2013, 12:42 AM

between our fanbases. You're absolutely right...you didn't hear that much out of us when we were winning because we didn't go to our rivals board and run our mouths in a classless manner that you coots do so well. Winning the state championship was nothing unusual to us.

You have also shown what winning to your rival for four straight years will do...that arrogance and that cocky attitude will soon be erased because you know as well as I do that Clemson will win again.

I can hear it now though...if anyone brings up the overall record, you guys cry and whine and say all we have to cling to is history. And what do you think we are going to hear as soon as Clemson wins the state championship? A classless coot will say, "Well, we won the last 4 outta 5...the last 4 outta 6...the last 4 outta 7" Suddenly history will become relevant again. It really is a losing battle with both sides when any meaningful discussion is to be made...best to part ways and head back to FGF where 'your kind' can be found...

Re: Haha, this is a great post to sum up the differences

Apr 25, 2013, 1:42 AM

> between our fanbases. You're absolutely right...you
> didn't hear that much out of us when we were winning
> because we didn't go to our rivals board and run our
> mouths in a classless manner that you coots do so
> well. Winning the state championship was nothing
> unusual to us.
>
> You have also shown what winning to your rival for
> four straight years will do...that arrogance and that
> cocky attitude will soon be erased because you know
> as well as I do that Clemson will win again.
>
> I can hear it now though...if anyone brings up the
> overall record, you guys cry and whine and say all we
> have to cling to is history. And what do you think
> we are going to hear as soon as Clemson wins the
> state championship? A classless coot will say,
> "Well, we won the last 4 outta 5...the last 4 outta
> 6...the last 4 outta 7" Suddenly history will become
> relevant again. It really is a losing battle with
> both sides when any meaningful discussion is to be
> made...best to part ways and head back to FGF where
> 'your kind' can be found...

This is not true concerning tiger fans on SC boards. Happened a lot, but definitely decreased during the previous four years, and that makes sense to me. This will always change depending on who has the upper hand currently in the rivalry.

What I was referring to was the lack of talk about the areas around Williams Brice and that high class education from CU. I never heard this mentioned when you(CU) was winning this game between the two instate programs. It's a fall back for fans of teams who aren't winning on the field.

Quote the overall record, no problem here,I know we have a bad history. 41-65-4. Split the two ties and it's 43-67. That's 59%. Dominating numbers.

Obviously CU will win a game again, but the paradigm has shifted, and CU fans should just accept it.

Paradigm shift ???

Apr 25, 2013, 6:10 AM

Why , because Sackerlina has peeled off four wins in our football "rivalry"? Laughable. Anyone that thinks that Sackerlina can maintain its current level of gridiron success is fooling themselves..the Floridas and Georgias and Tennessees are all going to rise again and get back into form ..and the Coots hope the Old Coach Bag can make it another five years . No , Dirtpeckr U has had a nice little run and that is all. Paradigm shift ? LMAO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Paradigm shift ???

Apr 25, 2013, 6:24 AM

Absolutely Tenn, UGA, and UF can cause a lot of hard times for us, but Tenn. less so just from a lack of instate recruiting. Both instate SC schools have stepped up and that has really hurt Tenn. I was talking specifically to just our rivalry, and that has shifted and still doing shifting more, obviously to the chagrin of CU fans.

Of course you are getting better, couldn't get much worse

Apr 25, 2013, 6:12 PM

than the four in a row we sandwiched Lou's LONE victory against us with...So when you win 4 in a row twice in 9 years, we'll talk about paradigm shifts... Until then, enjoy the most prosperous period in your 100+ year history...

Ironically there is a Bojangles Chicken across the street...

Apr 25, 2013, 7:43 AM

Isn't that the same as Hannibal Lecter having a funeral home across the street from his house?

Apr 25, 2013, 5:05 PM

Recruit after recruit visits here and they all say we have one of the nicest campuses and stadiums that they have seen. Many of them have visited Clemson. I've never heard of a single recruit in any sport say they liked Clemson's campus and facilities better than ours. Many have said they committed here because of our conference, campus, facilities, family atmosphere, academics and the city of Columbia.

Bahahaha !! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day !****

Apr 25, 2013, 5:39 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't most of those players have LDs?***

Apr 25, 2013, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Not your Daddy's Billy Brice? Check for yourself ]

Apr 25, 2013, 6:40 PM

If you want to compare surroundings any of my fellow gamecocks have to admit yall have it better. Yall are really lucky to have the spot you do. I love tailgating there.

That being said, USC is trying and things have gotten better. They are buying as much of the surrounding land as possible. The new farmers market area is really nice. Hopefully we can get more of the land and tear down some of the ugly stuff and rebuild. Honestly, there is only so much they can do. It has improved a lot and I expect that as revenue increases it will only get better. It will never be as nice as the area around death valley. Thats just a good spot for a stadium.

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic