Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Concerned about losing Dabo to Bama?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 5,147

Concerned about losing Dabo to Bama?

Dec 20, 2015, 10:18 AM

Give this a listen. Dabo's interview starts at the 6 min 30 sec mark.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14377163

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good interview. Thanks!***

Dec 20, 2015, 10:35 AM

bn

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Concerned about losing Dabo to Bama?

Dec 20, 2015, 10:52 AM

I think a lot of us are concerned about losing Dabo to Bama,but maybe this will ease a lot of minds.
From my conversations the only job Dabo leaves Clemson for is Bama.
So as long as Sabin stays,Dabo stays.
As far as Sabin goes,one of three things have to happen:
1) He decides to go back to the pros,where he didn't have a whole lot of success,and I don't think that's going to happen
2) He goes to Texas,probably the only other school that could match his Bama salary.
But that means Charlie Strong has to get fired,and I don't see that happening for at least one more season.
3) Sabin wins the CFP Championship,has nothing else to prove and decides to retire.
But even Nick has an ego so at 64 and I don't see that happening either.
So rest easy Clemson Nation.I think Dabo will be around for 2 more years.
Oh wait,make that one more year if DeShaun forgoes his senior season.
Heck,maybe there is room for a little concern.

Coach Swinney is a Great Head Coach and Person

Dec 20, 2015, 10:59 AM

We are very lucky to have him...IMO

But I really think He Loves it at Clemson and he Sells it to recruits...Can't ask for anything better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

from your conversations with who LOL***

Dec 20, 2015, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Concerned about losing Dabo to Bama? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neal are you doubting he has connections?***

Dec 20, 2015, 9:33 PM

Are you suggest he has a connection...

Dec 20, 2015, 9:39 PM

between his brain and keyboard finger?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might need to play the interview again...

Dec 20, 2015, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Concerned about losing Dabo to Bama? ]

and try listening to it this time, leftie. You're a smart guy, we all know that. Now listen before you reply so we'll continue to have confidence in you.

nope.***

Dec 20, 2015, 10:57 AM

I think he wants to be Daba the 1st not Nick the 2nd

Dec 20, 2015, 11:03 AM

He can build his own legacy here which will be greater than continuing one there even if it's where he played.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: I think he wants to be Daba the 1st not Nick the 2nd

Dec 20, 2015, 5:08 PM

He wants his own legacy!

Not be in Sabans shadow! He will retire at Clemson. He has nothing to prove by going to "Bama".

This nonsense needs to cease.

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think he wants to be Daba the 1st not Nick the 2nd

Dec 20, 2015, 5:15 PM [ in reply to I think he wants to be Daba the 1st not Nick the 2nd ]

Yes sir

Just going on what he said...

Dec 20, 2015, 8:35 PM [ in reply to I think he wants to be Daba the 1st not Nick the 2nd ]

a reasonable person would say he's pizzed at Bama and no longer considers it home.

I believe Dabo won't leave Clemson on his own for any job.

Dec 20, 2015, 11:06 AM

That includes Bama. He has said before that he doesn't want Clemson to be like some of the elite national programs he wants them to be like Clemson. He is doing just that. This is his baby that he has built from the ground up and he doesn't live in anyone's shadow including Danny's. He also doesn't have to live daily with the unreal expectations set by Alabama's insane fan base. He has the chance at Clemson to build a program that will eventually rival Bama in prestige, a new dynasty, and go down in history like the Bear did at Alabama. Why leave for Bama where he would be just another coach along with Bryant, Saban and Stallings that plays for national championships? He can do that here. I believe he has everything he has ever wanted at Clemson. Mama may have called Bear home but Dabo doesn't give a crap about that. Tweet that!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frank Howard never listened to "Mama"

Dec 20, 2015, 12:21 PM

and things turned out pretty well for him. Thinking Dabo will do the same!

That's basically what he's saying in the interview.

Dec 20, 2015, 6:00 PM [ in reply to I believe Dabo won't leave Clemson on his own for any job. ]

Screw Bama and all those in power there!

News Flash...

Dec 20, 2015, 12:26 PM

Saban asked Dabo to come to Alabama....Dabo staid NO. Too loyal to his players.

It was less than a week until signing day.

Dec 20, 2015, 6:02 PM

Dabo doesn't do that kind of chit to anyone. He's above leaving a program in the lurch and he obviously didn't like Bama's previous coaching staff doing that to him.

Dec 20, 2015, 12:39 PM

I disagree.

Clemson is Dabo's product or brand if you will. He's work tirelessly to promote and advertise that product. You hear Dabo and the first thing that comes to mind is Clemson. He's steady left a legacy here and he would be stepping into a program that has a few legacies that can't be replaced. Saban leaving would only ensure that Dabo becomes the highest pairs coach in college because Clemson ain't no btch...they just ain't going to let him walk away like that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Not worried at all

Dec 20, 2015, 12:50 PM

If Coach Swinney has the opportunity to coach at his alma mater one day and pursues it, I'll wish him well. But until then, hopefully he stays here and continues to build his legacy in Clemson!

Dec 20, 2015, 12:49 PM

That was great. You can hear the passion and genuineness in his voice. Thanks for sharing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Much more impressive what he can build here vs Bama. It's

Dec 20, 2015, 12:54 PM

been done by several and would be just "no-hum" to do it there again or a pressure-cooker if you didn't. Why put yourself through that when you can build your own legacy at the place that gave you your 1st opportunity?

Dec 20, 2015, 1:25 PM

I could only see him leaving if the paycheck was that much larger. We better get ready to pay the man what he deserves. When your team is the best in the country the Salary needs to match it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo said he'd been contacted several times.

Dec 20, 2015, 6:03 PM

Does anyone think they didn't offer him more money?

Please Don't Link Things With Finef*ck's Picture

Dec 20, 2015, 3:44 PM

That Guy is a Rectum

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll link any ### thing I want, crump loves me, he said so!

Dec 20, 2015, 6:05 PM

I promise unless FB had one of our guys on I won't do it again. Actually, I had no idea it would show his deformed puss but I'd probably have done it anyway.

Hopefully, Dabo is too smart to want to follow Saban***

Dec 20, 2015, 3:50 PM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Hopefully, Dabo is too smart to want to follow Saban***

Dec 20, 2015, 8:15 PM

Dabo was scorned by everybody that's anybody at Bama, didn't you listen to the interview. He wrote letters to everyone there seeking employment, none responded, not even a fukoff azzhole.

He said if Joe Blow from Cocamo wrote him a letter he'd respond if nothing but to say 'I have nothing open right now but good luck in your search.'

I'm telling youse guise, he's got a throbin robin for Bama. If he gets them down he won't let up.

Dec 20, 2015, 4:19 PM

I have been to Alabama a few times and it would take a few million $$ to get me to live there for 5 seconds

Dec 20, 2015, 4:36 PM

I hate to say this but Columbia is a nicer city than Montgomery, home is home so that may not matter but that is a ##### hole

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

errrrr......huh?***

Dec 20, 2015, 7:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tastiest turd, you know?***

Dec 20, 2015, 8:16 PM

Dec 20, 2015, 6:14 PM

Dabo is a man who follows his gut and divine intervention. If his work ethic and passion continue to drive this Clemson team and staff, then buckle up sports fans... It's gonna be one heck of a ride.

This man has class. He will not leave Clemson. Clemson and his carefully chosen staff will continue to craft a growingly consistent team. We as fans just need to continue to trust.

The only way Clemson will lose Dabo in my opinion is if we forget about him and neglect his hard work (and those that he leads on the roster or the staff). Pay him a competitive salary. Continue to improve the facilities. (One of which we did this year)

Each fan needs to show up for all the Clemson football games they can and embody the class that Dabo instills in his young players.

You're dead on the money.

Dec 20, 2015, 7:23 PM

Thank you for your post and welcome to Tnet.

If Bama calls him, he's gone. Not only that, he

Dec 20, 2015, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Concerned about losing Dabo to Bama? ]

will take much of his staff with him. He is from Alabama. He played on a championship Tide team. The money, big money, is there. He will always love Clemson but, if Bama calls, he will go to his alma mater. No coach in America would turn down that opportunity - much less a grad. It's business folks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You clearly do not get it

Dec 20, 2015, 9:05 PM

And on another subject, I sure hope we play Alabama in the natty, what a game that will be to watch.

Some folks have made up their minds and hear the interview..

Dec 20, 2015, 9:23 PM

with a close mindedness which stuns the average person. Any reasonable person would listen to the interview and seek understand while the closed minded are looking for support to their bias.

Simply put, nothing, not even information straight from the horse's mouth will change someone's mind if they can't listen with objectivity. No, too complicated. How about 'You just can't fix stupid!'

Dabo, BV

Dec 21, 2015, 12:32 PM

I see both of them understanding the grass is not greener on the other side.

10 years from now? Maybe then he could be ready for a change, after kids are out of the house and he has accomplished so much here.

Bama called and he said no. HTH***

Dec 20, 2015, 9:18 PM [ in reply to If Bama calls him, he's gone. Not only that, he ]

You don't follow a legend. You follow the guy after the

Dec 20, 2015, 9:28 PM [ in reply to If Bama calls him, he's gone. Not only that, he ]

legend. We will have Dabo for a while. I'm OK with that. Coots? Not so much.

Dabo's here to stay.

Dec 20, 2015, 9:38 PM

You guys really ought to listen to the tape with some objectivity.

Replies: 40
| visibility 5,147
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic