Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Recovers With 45-17 Win Over The Citadel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Sep 6, 2008, 8:30 PM

Clemson started on the road back to respectability with a 45-17 win over The Citadel in Death Valley on Saturday afternoon. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Recovery" would have been 62-3.***

Sep 6, 2008, 8:31 PM

Noob...Leave the 1st team in and you will get 60+***

Sep 6, 2008, 8:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our 2nd team was worse than their 1st. Think about it.***

Sep 6, 2008, 8:35 PM

as it should be***

Sep 6, 2008, 8:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not when our 2nd is fresh, and their 1st is very tired.***

Sep 6, 2008, 8:40 PM

Re: Noob...Leave the 1st team in and you will get 60+***

Sep 8, 2008, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Noob...Leave the 1st team in and you will get 60+*** ]

I object! I actually think if you were to combine our second team offensive skill players such as Harper, dye, and jones with our first team offensive line and tight ends along with Kelly, davis, spiller, ford, and others we would be unstopable even to teams like bama. Heck I really think korn would have done a better job against bama being able to scramble away from the rush much better than harper. We are still not playing the right skill players in the right positions at the right time. Our staff refuses to play the better players and I'm sick of it. A few of our second team players should be sharing reps with the first team. P.S. our second team offense was just as productive as our first team offense and at times performed much cleaner. The D is about right and not much else you can do other than keep bowers on the fricken field.... The end.

Is that you?

Sep 6, 2008, 8:39 PM [ in reply to "Recovery" would have been 62-3.*** ]

Give it a rest, we won.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Re: "Recovery" would have been 62-3.***

Sep 7, 2008, 9:40 AM [ in reply to "Recovery" would have been 62-3.*** ]

We could have pit up 80...but why? There is a level of respect for the Citadel, and an opportunity to get experience for the backups. If Spiller went down with an ACL in the 2nd half, would you also complain about the starters being in there too long?

Re: "Recovery" would have been 62-3.***

Sep 8, 2008, 3:29 PM

For those of us who still have hopes of us reaching the NCG or just gaining some respect back, I think we should kill every team we can. Being dominated by alabama would have been considered a floook maybe if we had crushed the citidel by 60 or more with a shutout. Teams would be scared to play us if we crushed someone like that after they came off a 50+ point win the week before. I promise you FSU is doing exactly that next weekend to0. If anything it gets more plays in for your starters and can be used as a practice to get better. We all know they need as much time meshing together as a team as possible, especially the offensive front. Rotate the Second team player in with the first and KEEP Scoring. It seems like we never shut anyone out either!!!

Woop dee doo, we beat The Citadel........but gave up .......

Sep 7, 2008, 12:18 PM

300 yards passing! Fire Bowden!

Recovers??Did anyone tell our "D" that??!!!!***

Sep 7, 2008, 12:50 PM

Re: Clemson Recovers With 45-17 Win Over The Citadel

Sep 7, 2008, 1:53 PM

I'm glad to see us win... it's been a long time since that Buckholtz kick sailed through the uprights at Willy-B stadium. Unfortunately, I think it is too premature to use the word "recover". We're going to have to string together several wins before I feel "recovered" from that embarrassment in Atlanta.

Clemson started flat and didn't impress, considering.

Sep 7, 2008, 2:28 PM

Considering the level of the competition, I thought Clemson came out flat and looked surprisingly weak throughout the first 14 minutes of 1st quarter, on both sides of the ball. Clemson got rolling in the 2nd and third quarters. But if Clemson continues to come out flat (as Clemson did against Alabama), then Clemson will give early momentum and wins to competitors that are tougher than Citadel. Clemson should dominate a team like Citadel from the start (just as Alabama dominated Clemson from the start). Citadel did too well passing in the middle-underneath patterns, continuing to take advantage of the linebacker weakness that Alabama exposed. Clemson gave up way too many yards through the air.

I'm sorry to be so negative after a win. But I wasn't watching the game to see whether or not Clemson would win. That was a given. I was watching to see how Clemson would play. And based on what I saw against Citadel (let alone Bama), I'm really worried about how Clemson will do the rest of the season.

Another scary thing happened this past weekend... Alabama only beat Tulane by 14 points (whereas Alabama beat Clemson by 24 points).

It was nice to see Spence involve the tight-ends in the passing game again this week. They seem to be getting open quite well. Korn looked good. And it was good to see Davis and Spiller running with authority.

Agree with your assessment of us, however.....

Sep 7, 2008, 3:24 PM

Alabama beating Tulane by only 14 is not a big deal. They run a lot of man blocking schemes and don't have the big play potential. They will beat people all year with ball control and a tenatious defense.

Re: Clemson started flat and didn't impress, considering.

Sep 7, 2008, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Clemson started flat and didn't impress, considering. ]

I think they should fire Saban for only winning by 14 points! He can't motivate his team. Alabama should have won by 60 ........., you fill in the rest.

8-5, 9-4 ------at best

Sep 7, 2008, 5:05 PM

Clemson is apparently going to be terrible this year. Bowden is finally exposing how sorry of a coach he really is. In years past he could blame new coaches, or coaching changes, having an inexperienced QB, we've heard them all. I was born a Clemson fan, but I will not cast my shadow opon Death Valley this year. Please somebody tell me how you could have that many skill players, and still play so terrible. How could Nick Saban find a way to hold our extremely potent offense to 3 points, he had the same 8 months that Tommy had, yet they had no PLAN B in case PLAN A is a stinker. Take a look at the fact Tommy hasn't beat an SEC team other that USC since the Peach Bowl game 03'. He is steadily embarassing this school, making calls to other coaches to ask what to do----- You've been coaching for 12 years Tommy if you don't know by now how to get things on track, then leave!!!!!! I wish so badly he had gone to Arkansas last year, and after 2-3 years there losing to everybody, they fired him, and his moronic friend who gave his buddy a job. Clemson needs to put the new money they recieve from the "Seats are getting smaller, and a lot more expensive plan" to buy a real coach---- one with the guts to make his guys tough, and "a win or lose, play your heart out kinda guy". Everytime we play good competition, we get beat up. Look at BC, and VT the last two years, look at Kentucky in 06', Auburn in 07', Alabama in 08'. Tommy is a terrible coach, he has truley ebarassed all of of us---- I will not waste any more money supporting the Athletic Dept. of Clemson University if this is the best they can come up with.........

Re: 8-5, 9-4 ------at best

Sep 8, 2008, 7:46 AM

You're an idiot

5 downs

Sep 7, 2008, 5:13 PM

Did I miss something or did the Citadel get 2 3rd down plays after that fumble was reviewed on their last scoring drive, They even sent out their fg squad knowing it was 4th down and the refs couldn't get it right even after going back to check the down, I can't believe Tommy just let that go like he did

TB didn't let it go...

Sep 8, 2008, 10:30 AM

Yes, they did get 2 3rd down plays. However after the review there is no course of action for TB but just accept it. However, I sit right behind the clemson bench at the games. At the first tv timeout after that incident TB walked down and had a looooong talk with the ref. I am sure there will be fines for this incident however the public will never hear about it. It is a travesty that refs aren't held more accountable.

Colorado won an NC because they got 5 downs vs Missouri.***

Sep 8, 2008, 2:23 PM [ in reply to 5 downs ]

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic