Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not trying to stir up trouble
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Not trying to stir up trouble

Mar 5, 2013, 10:02 PM

I have supported Brownell the whole time, I think he is a good coach but he has just not had any lucky bounces in recruiting or anything. People would say that it is tough to win here at clemson, but it is not impossible. I'm not advocating to get rid of him, but this is the worst record we have had since Purnell's first year (we went 10-18). But even that was against an extremely tough ACC, not to mention we actually beat a ranked UNC team, and ranked NCST teams that year. Even the year Shyatt got fired we were 15-13 (5-11) in a way better ACC. I say we give Brownell at least another year, but I am very concerned about next year with no serious post presence and only one freshmen coming in. I just don't see it turning around next year, I know we have had injuries as much as any team in the ACC, but I just have little to be optimistic about this team. And you can check I have always been optimistic.

That being said, I was at every home game this year except the Miami one (had previous obligations) and watched every game on tv and cheered my heart out, and I will continue to do so if Brad is coach because I want him to suceed. I just have to wonder if Radakovich will keep him after this year without showing a little something over the next couple of games. Obviously it doesn't matter what I think about Brad, but Radakovich seems to be a big basketball guy and I don't think he will take this season lightly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dan is a big basketball guy?

Mar 5, 2013, 10:05 PM

his program at GT never had a winning record one time in ACC play... not once.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dan is a big basketball guy?

Mar 5, 2013, 10:12 PM

Yeah, and he was stuck with Paul Hewitt and the dumbest contract ever made in sports.

Re: Dan is a big basketball guy?

Mar 5, 2013, 11:10 PM

Didn't DRad approve hewitt's contract for life?????

Just asking.

He will give him atleast one more year. Im sure he knows the

Mar 5, 2013, 10:07 PM

coach needs 4 recruitng classes before you can judge him

he's got 2 more yrs***

Mar 5, 2013, 10:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we just improve free throws and a little better

Mar 5, 2013, 10:14 PM

shooting percentage we could have had a pretty good record. This team just could not throw in Lake Hartwell. Surely, he can solve that problem. I mean we can't be any worse at shooting than we were this year. I think BB knows the game but he needs a couple of guys who want the darn ball because they believe they can sink them.

Re: Not trying to stir up trouble

Mar 5, 2013, 11:39 PM

losing to BC at home and on senior night is a new low. Whereas we were lurking about the middle of the ACC 9 games ago . . we have fallen fallen fallen . . something has gone wrong.

Unfortunately, BB will get 1 more year, BUT at this point...

Mar 5, 2013, 11:41 PM

...it is clear that the wheels have come off of Brownell's program.

He cannot convince good players to come playnfor him. He doesn't seem to be able to motivate his team, nor coach them to a confidence level to succeed.

This coaching experiment should be over THIS YEAR!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Oh no he didn't!!

Mar 5, 2013, 11:53 PM

INCOMING!!!

*Runs ducking flying upside down thumbs*

Only one freshman coming in?

Mar 6, 2013, 12:34 AM

We have 2 committed, and the late signing period isn't over yet. http://rivals.yahoo.com/clemson/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2013

Mar 6, 2013, 12:44 AM

South Carolina is not a Basketball state. Its hard finding great Talent here. You have to search a lot harder for talent in basketball than any other sport when its comes to recruiting. Im a huge Basketball fan. I wish Clemson or S.Carolina one would Make a nice run for a hoops title. Unlikely for both in near future.

Mar 6, 2013, 8:27 AM

I hope South Carolina loses every game they play.

Mar 6, 2013, 9:28 AM

fan92 - you're a better fan than I am. I quit watching this crap early just like when Shyatt coached. That basketball was too painful to watch as the team was not coached very well. This team is as bad as most of the Shyatt teams I tried to watch. I'd just rather not watch than suffer through those pathetic performances. I just wish them well in their future - as it will NOT be playing basketball. I'm just looking forwards to FB season, 'cause basketball and baseball are not showing up this year. If you think I'm wrong on baseball too - then you're watching different games than I've tried to watch. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic