Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not trying to be insensitive about the Ray Rice thing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,332

Not trying to be insensitive about the Ray Rice thing

Sep 9, 2014, 9:17 AM

But I'm was listening to the radio yesterday and someone brought up a good point...

Most thought that a 2 game suspension for knocking out a woman was a joke, but people moved on. Now that the video is out of the act, everyone is calling for the nfl/ravens to do more and for the criminal case to be reopened.

Here's the question: why? What did you think happened on the elevator? What did you think it looked like to see Rice knock a woman out? What changed between Rice admitting he knocked a girl out and the video release of Rice knocking out a woman? If that's what you thought it looked like, why weren't the punishments harsh from the beginning?

It all just seems so reactionary to the public opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not trying to be insensitive about the Ray Rice thing

Sep 9, 2014, 9:28 AM

I agree with your assessment. I haven't seen the video but I heard she was going at him pretty hard before he hit her. Wrong reaction to the situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some thought that there was more to the story

Sep 9, 2014, 9:33 AM

She "took responsibility" in fact at that press conference and people used that to suggest that in the elevator she might have been really drunk and was verbally and physically assaulting him and in an act of rage or anger he mistakenly hit her hard enough to knock her out.

That's not what we saw. Yes she shouldn't have put her hands on him but there is no excuse in the world for him to straight knock her out and then show little to no remorse.

This showed everyone that this wasn't an act of passion or anger making him lose control but of a man that seemed far to comfortable knocking out a woman.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You really think that?

Sep 9, 2014, 9:39 AM

I don't think he was comfortable with knocking her out. His apologies seem pretty genuine to me. He says that this is the biggest mistake he has ever made in his life and he has let a lot of people down, including his now wife. He realizes he can never take back what he did.

Obviously what he did was wrong. He reacted terribly to the situation where they were both drunk, she definitely was as she wobbled in to the elevator yelling at him. He made a terrible decision and he will deal with the consequences...but I don't think he was comfortable with what he did. We still don't even know the exact circumstances...we don't know what they were talking about...we don't know what happened before they got to the elevator...

Please tell me what circumstances

Sep 9, 2014, 9:46 AM

would justify knocking out a woman.
Of course he's remorseful NOW. He's in trouble. Of course he regrets it NOW...he's public enemy number one. But at the time, he sure showed a lot of concern for her as he dragged her around like a sack of potatoes.
He's gutless trash and should be made to fist fight the MMA heavyweight champ in an elevator.

It doesnt matter what they were talking about!

Sep 9, 2014, 9:47 AM [ in reply to You really think that? ]

I will never have any way to prove this, but IMO this is not the first time he has hit women like this. He seemed WAY too comfortable picking her up and dragging her away. There was no hesitation from him dealing with the aftermath.

You guys are right...I never suggested anything he did

Sep 9, 2014, 9:52 AM

was right. And I definitely don't think anything justifies knocking a woman out.

Its just a bad situation all around. It probably doesn't help for us to bash on anyone either. I usually stay out of posting about stuff like this and I should have here as well.

I think we are all on the same page and all agree what happened was really bad.

I think you're right Dr.Obins

Sep 9, 2014, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Some thought that there was more to the story ]

Just to be clear- I am in NO WAY trying to imply that what Rice did is in any was acceptable! I thought he shouldve gotten charged from the initial video, but what do I know.

Just talking about the NFL and public reaction. I would think that most people imagined pretty much exactly what they saw. That's why the 2 game suspension was a joke from the beginning.

Interesting thing is she still married him after that.

Sep 9, 2014, 9:51 AM

But everyone is very reactionary to any such event once they see it.

Out of sight, out of mind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing is certain, she will think twice before she ever

Sep 9, 2014, 10:29 AM

charges at him again.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,332
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic