Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How one uses the media
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,821

How one uses the media

Mar 20, 2020, 8:36 AM

So, for the first time in ages, I was listening to news conferences off and on throughout the day, hearing from the 'horses mouths', so to speak.

In the evening, I sat with my dad for a bit as one of the national news programs came on with their 'highlights of the day'. There was essentially no parallel between what was presented and what I'd heard during the day. Incredibly deceptive...and disappointing. Suffice to say..and I realize most know this, those evening segments are not news...they're sensationalized Op-Eds at best...and even less, beyond that.

Know how to inform yourselves...don't let others' do it for you. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How one uses the media

Mar 20, 2020, 8:43 AM

Good advice, but the folks that usually need it never take it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are Ed zachary right!

Mar 20, 2020, 8:43 AM

MSM is all about sensationalism and “gotcha”

Yes, propaganda, Chinese Whispers and others, near & dear...***

Mar 20, 2020, 8:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh wow...

Mar 20, 2020, 9:23 AM

tnet just got immensely better again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, depends on who gets asked. Haha, good to be back...

Mar 20, 2020, 9:53 AM

even better to see you around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's your TD bandit, let's stop pretending this is a

Mar 20, 2020, 11:22 AM [ in reply to oh wow... ]

good thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Yes, yes, 12ish years ago & only in the name of science...

Mar 20, 2020, 11:31 AM

Promise, franc didn't feel a thing. Wait, strike that...

Not to worry...

Mar 20, 2020, 9:22 AM

I think if the reporters will ask again today whether or not calling it the "Chinese virus" is racist, then I think we'll be able to but this whole COVID-19 thing to rest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's amazing how various news outlets can report...

Mar 20, 2020, 9:24 AM

on the exact same topic and it sound like they're all covering entirely different story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: How one uses the media

Mar 20, 2020, 10:16 AM

https://www.amazon.com/Smear-Shady-Political-Operatives-Control/dp/0062468162/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=the+smear&qid=1584713599&s=books&sr=1-1

One thing is pretty apparent

Mar 20, 2020, 1:50 PM

No one answers questions like Dr. Fauci does. That man is on point, brief...and no ambiguity in his message. It's also obvious he'd rather be back to work, than stand in the wings at a press conference.

Pretty sure tonight's 'news' will largely miss the key issues of today's press gathering...actually, probably will be unrecognizable...again.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One thing is pretty apparent

Mar 20, 2020, 2:52 PM

He is good as is Dr Birx. Trump is very fortunate to have them on the team. Well respected by both sides of the aisle.

She was saying a couple days ago how she hopes this may change the narrative on each flu season. Personally, I'm digging all the extra attention that grocery stores and restaurants are doing for sanitation. Long overdue and simple inexpensive measures that should be adopted permanently by dhec.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,821
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic