Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Cole Stoudt ranked #3 ACC Heisman Candidate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

FB Update: Cole Stoudt ranked #3 ACC Heisman Candidate

Jul 24, 2014, 10:22 AM

Cole Stoudt ranked #3 ACC Heisman Candidate

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to take anything away from Cole, but if he has

Jul 24, 2014, 10:31 AM

An unbelievable season, he still needs our D to be as good as advertised to be a serious contender.

Part of me also looks at this as a tip of the hat to Chad's system.

That is not a slight to Cole. If he can be as consistent as he has been in the past, he could definitely put a special season together!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us reason together.

Jul 24, 2014, 10:51 AM

Cole is a year older. He's spent the last year working with the first team instead of the backups.

Others probably can add to this short l i s t.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Stoudt will have a very good season.

Jul 24, 2014, 10:34 AM

However, Chad stating that Watson will play makes me think he may be on a short leash much like Willie Simmons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt that. He's giving Georgia's defense something to

Jul 24, 2014, 10:46 AM

spend time on and to set expectations for players and fans that the backup, just like every other position, will play, so don't be surprised when it happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree but I heard Chad/Dabo promised DW the first carry of

Jul 24, 2014, 12:08 PM

the year......just saying

That didn't work out too well last time***

Jul 24, 2014, 5:12 PM

Re: I agree but I heard Chad/Dabo promised DW the first carry of

Jul 24, 2014, 6:47 PM [ in reply to I agree but I heard Chad/Dabo promised DW the first carry of ]

If ANY COACH MADE A PROMISE LIKE THAT HE SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you do know that is a joke about TB and yes he did get fired***

Jul 25, 2014, 6:30 AM

Re: I think Stoudt will have a very good season.

Jul 24, 2014, 10:46 AM [ in reply to I think Stoudt will have a very good season. ]

I think it has more to do with the Kelly dismissals me the coaches realizing after seeing him take reps that keeping him on campus for four years would be a miracle.

Jul 24, 2014, 10:51 AM

You're all correct.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2014, 4:08 PM

he has the talent, we will ask why Stroud did not play more last year--even started

Jul 26, 2014, 10:01 AM

We're going to be just fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bottom line, I think the coaches feel pretty good about

Jul 24, 2014, 10:52 AM [ in reply to I think Stoudt will have a very good season. ]

our QB situation. I think coaches expect Stoudt to have a very good season as well, but have made it pretty clear that they have tremendous confidence in Watson.

All of that makes me feel pretty good about it too, whoever our QB is.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Maybe that's a reason and maybe not.

Jul 24, 2014, 11:10 AM [ in reply to I think Stoudt will have a very good season. ]

It's much more likely that our coaches recognize that DW needs experience immediately, you can imagine the many reason.

I think DW will run the plays he's mastered. It's likely his playing minutes are related to his mastery of the playbook.

If he stays healthy he won't be a rookie starter next year.

No offense to Cole, but this is a really weak list behind

Jul 24, 2014, 11:06 AM

Winston. Duke Johnson is a nice player, but he isn't winning a Heisman, and the 3rd guy on the list may have potential, but he's hardly taken a meaningful snap in his entire career. I think the closest thing he's gotten to real action was when Boyd got hurt against BC in 2011, and we were already 3 scores when he came in.

Re: No offense to Cole, but this is a really weak list behind

Jul 24, 2014, 11:07 AM

ACC and the nation lost a lot of star talent last year.

I know, I'm not sure how the ACC is ever going to replace

Jul 24, 2014, 11:10 AM

Logan Thomas. We're just so much... shorter now.

Johnson and Karlos Williams could have a chance

Jul 24, 2014, 11:25 AM [ in reply to No offense to Cole, but this is a really weak list behind ]

Johnson's chances depend on Miami having a great year and him staying healthy, which are two things that probably won't happen. However, I don't think you can just write him off.

Stoudt isn't a Heisman type talent, but he's third on the list because of the offense he plays for and because of the opportunity Clemson's schedule offers to make a big splash.

The rest of the guys on the list aren't on good enough teams to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2014, 11:41 AM [ in reply to No offense to Cole, but this is a really weak list behind ]

I think anyone to win the Heisman either needs to be a very exciting player like JFootball or the leader of the best team like Winston. Stoudt does not have a chance unless we beat UGa and FSU and USC. We would have to at least get to the 4 FBS playoff for him to be considered.
I think our D gives us a chance to win all our games this year.. like FSU's D gave them a chance last year. I do not think FSU's D will be as good as last year, our D will be better. The ?? is our O, if it as good with fewer TOs we will be better than last year.

Jul 25, 2014, 12:34 AM [ in reply to No offense to Cole, but this is a really weak list behind ]

The last two heisman winners hadn't taken a snap either. Both were redshirt freshmen. Stoudt has just as good of a proven chance as those two unspected unproven players at their time.

I too an expecting a good year from Cole and while we may

Jul 24, 2014, 12:15 PM

have a talented freshman QB behind him, there will be no pressure on him to "keep" his job. I feel like the only one (on here at least) who believes in Cole-----come on, let's get behind this guy. I noticed that when Cole did come into the game (and I don't care about who what or when because that doesn't matter to the point that I am trying to make) the pace of the offense picked up and we were running Chad's offense more like what he wants it to be run by snapping the ball with plenty of time left on the play clock. We've all heard Chad harp on tempo tempo tempo

Pretty easy for Cole to win Heisman... Simply go undefeated!***

Jul 24, 2014, 2:05 PM

Signed, AJ McCarron***

Jul 24, 2014, 4:13 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Cole Stoudt ranked #3 ACC Heisman Candidate

Jul 24, 2014, 2:10 PM

wow....slim pickins in the ACC this year when your # 3 candidate doesn't have a single career start.

Jul 24, 2014, 4:05 PM

Don't worry about that Super, he'll have a start and a win under his belt after the first game.

Jul 25, 2014, 6:32 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Cole Stoudt ranked #3 ACC Heisman Candidate ]

Just like the last two heisman winners. Not a single snap. Similar situation of the past 2yrs. Hello!! All three has to put on their uniform the same way and play on the same type of rectangle shape football field.

Cole Stoudt = Tee Martin, sort of...

Jul 24, 2014, 9:51 PM

Tee Martin had few expectations after the graduation of the great Peyton Manning. Cole doesn't have great expectations after TBoyd so, I think CS will be able to drive the car effectively barring injury, but without as many big plays as TBoyd. This gives us a better chance on the road at UGA and FSU because the defense will be able to keep the game close and we should be able to keep the turnovers down. I only expect one loss to probably FSU, but an epic battle in Tally gets CS and Clemson the benefit of the doubt for the playoff b/c we will have beaten two sec teams.
Forget the Heisman, get us in the playoff!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic