Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So who had the better D, ND or Bama?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,879

So who had the better D, ND or Bama?

Jan 19, 2019, 1:28 PM

I’m re-watching the Cotton Bowl And I’m not sure. Notre Dame have a really good pass rush and some good secondary play. I don’t think they were as good against the run as Bama was though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went to both but haven't rewatched either yet.

Jan 19, 2019, 1:32 PM

I'd say ND. I often scoff at teams lamenting in game events, but it seems legit that Love getting hurt really did open things up for Clemson.
I think the final poll should have been Clemson, ND, Bama, OK.. and I carry a distinct disdain for ND.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I went to both but haven't rewatched either yet.

Jan 19, 2019, 1:46 PM

I will say it again as I've always said it before, unless it's the QB position, one man does not make a team worse, it can help some, but not enough to make that much of a difference in the out come of the game. Let not forget we were without DEX for the whole ND game and the Bama game. Dex was one of the highest ranked 5-star recruits in Clemson history, and last year, he had 91 tackles, 21 tackles for loss and 13 sacks. He was a huge part of our D that allowed other players around him to shine bc he was that good, and not having him in the playoffs and the Natty game hardly affected us at all. Teams that are good enough to make it to those game, they did so with players good enough to create good depth. One player out isn't responsible for a teams loss unless that player is the starting QB in most cases!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Post. ALMOST Completely Agree

Jan 19, 2019, 2:45 PM [ in reply to I went to both but haven't rewatched either yet. ]

I would add that the Tigers virtually always run the ball better starting mid 2nd to early 3rd Q. The passing came has softened up their defense by then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So who had the better D, ND or Bama?

Jan 19, 2019, 1:38 PM

I think BAMA had the better individual talent... but ND was much more sound and disciplined.

I'll always favor a disciplined and fundamentally sound team over an undisciplined talented team. Just my .02

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND was a better D, we could have hanged at

Jan 19, 2019, 1:51 PM

Least another 7 on Bama. From the moment the playoff was set, I maintained that ND would be the best TEAM we would face.

The statistics and the results support this conclusion.

Final poll: 1. Clemson 2. Notre Dame 3. Bama 4. OU 5. OSU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: ND was a better D, we could have hanged at

Jan 19, 2019, 2:54 PM

I'm going to be as true and honest with personal feelings and opinion as I ever have, I do not believe for a second that this years ND team could beat this years Bama team in no way shape or form!!! N D players just wasn't as physically tough as us, and they're not as tough as Bama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not the question you asked but the best defense we faced

Jan 19, 2019, 1:54 PM

this year was BC, IMHO.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

That was one of the worst Alabama D's I've seen in years

Jan 19, 2019, 2:44 PM

When ETN broke through those sloppy arm tackles on his early TD run, my eyes lit up. Alabama? Arm tackles? And then when the CB tripped over his own ankles? And when Ross got BEHIND the bama D? Just all very off for them. In the 2015 and 2016 games they were all over our guys like glue. Took all-star acrobatic catches like Leggit made to even move the ball on them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So who had the better D, ND or Bama?

Jan 19, 2019, 3:01 PM

Bama had more talent than ND as previously stated, but I think ND had more edge or saltiness. Felt like Bama players just expected to win with what jersey they were wearing. ND knew we were better and played from behind mentally throughout the game. Just an opinion of course.

Message was edited by: BloodbeOrange®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND tackled better, hit harder and played more soundly on the

Jan 19, 2019, 11:18 PM

backend. The scores reflected it IMO.

The 62 yard run by ETN was great against ND, the RG obliterated the tackle on that play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,879
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic