Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Freshman Report: Ray-Ray McCloud and Garrett Williams early standouts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Freshman Report: Ray-Ray McCloud and Garrett Williams early standouts

Aug 14, 2015, 5:30 PM

Freshman Report: Ray-Ray McCloud and Garrett Williams early standouts

Clemson’s highly-touted freshmen are getting a long look during the early days of fall camp, and it comes as no surprise to offensive coordinator Jeff Scott that wide receiver Ray-Ray McCloud and tight end Garrett Williams are leading the way. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe the competition from Williams will light a fire

Aug 14, 2015, 6:01 PM

under our veteran TE's. If not, he'll earn some PT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Maybe the competition from Williams will light a fire

Aug 17, 2015, 2:19 AM

These freshman have TRUELY come to Clemson to play. Somebody has and really doing their homework.

Re: New Story: Freshman Report: Ray-Ray McCloud and Garrett Williams early standouts

Aug 14, 2015, 6:19 PM

I remember watching some of Ray Rays 7 on 7 when he was defending a 4 star TE and absolutely abused the kid all day. He was not only jamming him, but getting him off his feet, and he was very physical in coverage. he sounds like he will be an amazing player out of the box.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Freshman Report: Ray-Ray McCloud and Garrett Williams early standouts

Aug 14, 2015, 6:25 PM

I hope they put McCloud back there fielding punts . He is a one-miss and gone kind of guy in the open field .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Who would you play? A freshman getting high praise for his

Aug 15, 2015, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Freshman Report: Ray-Ray McCloud and Garrett Williams early standouts ]

talent and work ethic, or a guy nicknamed "Lazy Legette"? I'd go the freshman route. 3-4 years into this and we've yet to see Jordan's full potential.

I'm confused

Aug 14, 2015, 7:34 PM

Every article about THE standout receiver in fall camp has a different receiver. Hopefully it just mean they are all awesome.

Re: I'm confused

Aug 14, 2015, 7:46 PM

well, this one is the freshman report.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Jeff Scott says that a wr is showing out I would say he

Aug 14, 2015, 7:56 PM

Means it. I think we all expected Cain to be the man but when Ray Rays dad said his son was dynamic and could run or catch and he would contribute right away I expected him to do just that. Ray Rays dad has been running camps for a while so I knew we could expect him to know the ends and outs of the game. Being his size I thought he might struggle with blocking.

I hope Ray Ray and Garrett both contribute. I think we all know TE has been a position that we need guys to step up. I hope we start Garrett if he is the best all around TE. We have needed somebody to step up and take the TE position.

I hope and believe Cain will step up too. I can't see us redshirting him.

I can't wait to see how our freshmen play out.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: If Jeff Scott says that a wr is showing out I would say he

Aug 17, 2015, 2:14 AM

Playing against Alex. Mac & Cory Tank., He'll be just find. This will only make him shine against weaker competition. TO BE THE BEST. YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST. STRONGER COMPETITION LEADS TO A STRONGER ATHLETE MOST OF THE TIME. PS:Keep Grinding CAIN, It will only make your GAME BETTER.

Not the best pic... Show him gripping the ball...not bread.***

Aug 14, 2015, 8:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on my observations, Swinney is a little hesitant...

Aug 14, 2015, 9:40 PM

To play freshmen. He tends to give priority to less talented players. Like Cole Stoudt over Watson. Not complaining... just sayin'

your observations are dead wrong

Aug 14, 2015, 10:40 PM

so I wouldn't worry about it. As deep as we were last year at WR, artavis scott played in the first game against UGa as a true freshman

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point -plus this year 2 warm up games to get freshman ready.***

Aug 15, 2015, 8:31 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're dead wrong Neal

Aug 15, 2015, 8:37 AM [ in reply to your observations are dead wrong ]

Tiger Tim didn't say Dabo WOULDN'T play freshman, he said he was hesitant to play freshman. I think that characterization is fair and accurate. We all know Dabo will play freshman, but he is hesitant to do it and rightly so. That being said, I would have preferred to see more playing time from one player his freshman year - D. Watson (particularly in the UGA game), but I believe the coaches know way more about the intangibles of "readiness" than we do reading reports on line.

Re: Based on my observations, Swinney is a little hesitant...

Aug 15, 2015, 2:14 AM [ in reply to Based on my observations, Swinney is a little hesitant... ]

I'm with Tiger Tim on this one

Aug 15, 2015, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Based on my observations, Swinney is a little hesitant... ]

CJ Fuller, Chris Register, Adam Choice, Kurt Fleming...I'm with Neal. Whoever gives us the best chance to win the game.

Aug 15, 2015, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Based on my observations, Swinney is a little hesitant... ]

How can you say that when Sammy Watkins, Mackenzie Alexander, and Artavis Scott AND Deshaun Watson all started as freshmen???

Aug 15, 2015, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Based on my observations, Swinney is a little hesitant... ]

Walt Duptula's opinion is that if there is equal talent, the underclassmen should get the start. Right or wrong, Swinney seems to give priority to the upperclassmen when there is a doubt. Maybe Swinney views that as faithfulness to the older players. Not sure.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic