Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Playoff; Blowouts; QB Comparison
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,647

Plyler's Blog: Playoff; Blowouts; QB Comparison

Sep 18, 2018, 10:44 AM

Playoff; Blowouts; QB Comparison

Email Bag

In this format, we will publish your comments and answer your questions. To submit a comment or questions, please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,

Slow start Saturday and another game that is is hard to take much from, but good to see a running gam

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Trevor Lawrence is only averaging "3.4 yards per drive"

Sep 18, 2018, 11:01 AM

then it's clear that KB should be the starter and getting 100% of first team reps in practice all week. That's a terrible average.

Also, "They are earned the respect" lol Mackey

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: If Trevor Lawrence is only averaging "3.4 yards per drive"

Sep 18, 2018, 11:28 AM

Supposed to be Points per drive, but you probably know that...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can only read what our Tnet blogger types

Sep 18, 2018, 11:34 AM

I can't make assumptions on what Mackey may or may not have intended to type.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I can only read what our Tnet blogger types

Sep 18, 2018, 11:50 AM

Did Mickey steal your girlfriend? You are always on him

Well, he said it was his GF, but "she" had an Adam's apple

Sep 18, 2018, 12:17 PM

and hands that could palm a medicine ball...Did use the Wimmen's room, but it's still too tough to call

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not that I'm aware of

Sep 18, 2018, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I can only read what our Tnet blogger types ]

but is it too much to ask for a paid blogger to put forth at least minimal effort in publishing his content?

He mentions an interesting topic that has an impact on Clemson and starts it with "FSU is a mess." But instead of attempting to explain why, he ducks it with "I am not sure how they got here, and what they have to do to fix it, but it is broken."

He used to be a recruiting expert, so this is a place where his recruiting knowledge can actually be valuable. Instead of "I don't know what happened" he could examine FSU's O-Line recruiting which is a unit that has performed very poorly in the past couple years. Have their highly rated QBs been a bust or what? Rumors suggest that Jimbo largely checked out halfway through last season, has he heard that? How does the offensive scheme and play calling under the new staff differ from last year? Does he think a lack of discipline created an implosion?

Then the last question is asking for his comments on QB stats. As a response, he offers the stats and no comments. With one of the stats reported in a way that there is no freaking way it is possibly correct.

He is mailing in the mail sack "blog" and as a paying consumer it's frustrating.

Do you ever get the feeling he "seeds" the "Mailbag" in

Sep 18, 2018, 12:49 PM

order to air his strawman arguments out in blog form?

Well I suggested something along those lines once

Sep 18, 2018, 12:53 PM

and Mackey got pretty defensive about it and posted something to the effect of "You callin me a liar?!?!"

Really? He used to just delete my posts, but he never

Sep 18, 2018, 1:13 PM

offered to meet me in Gaffney

Yes, really...it was a "blog" where he announced that

Sep 18, 2018, 2:33 PM

due to the overwhelming increase in emails he was receiving that he would switch to an all mail sack "blog" format during the football offseason. Can't remember what I said exactly but I basically expressed my doubts that people were flooding his inbox seeking his keen insight. If cutigerbob® was still alive he'd probably be able to provide a link rather quickly.

I do remember that, I believe an "Alex" asked for more

Sep 18, 2018, 4:04 PM

failbag based blogs

What happened to Bob? I noticed it was taller around here,

Sep 18, 2018, 4:05 PM

but I didn't know why

Apparently he's been working more, but I don't buy it***

Sep 18, 2018, 4:36 PM

Bob was working before?!?

Sep 18, 2018, 4:41 PM

I don't see how he had time to, given his thousand TigerNet posts a day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nobody said he was working hard***

Sep 18, 2018, 5:00 PM

Do you think the uptick in demand for midget hookers is

Sep 18, 2018, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Apparently he's been working more, but I don't buy it*** ]

weather related, or is it just that time of year? Planning for the Holidays early this year and curious if I should wait out the Bull Market

He's paid to write that blog?

Sep 18, 2018, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Not that I'm aware of ]

Surely you jest.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I would assume so, although I don't know which is worse

Sep 19, 2018, 9:23 AM

Paying someone to write that "blog" or paying to read that "blog"

All stats should come with a legal disclaimer.

Sep 18, 2018, 12:17 PM

So far the stats are useless unless you have an opinion you'd like to support. Stats fool the foolish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Playoff; Blowouts; QB Comparison

Sep 18, 2018, 2:36 PM

"FSU is awful. I don't know how they got there."

Really, really insightful stuff Mackey. Good lawd.

Screw Calford.

Re: Plyler's Blog: Playoff; Blowouts; QB Comparison

Sep 18, 2018, 2:44 PM

I like the Mickey Plyler show, most of the time, and its about the only 105.5 podcast I can stand. However, I will admit the blogs on here don't seem to have too much info. Would love to see him expand on the topics and questions with a little more incite that he may not have time to get into on the air.

I think he knows his stuff, has connections around college football and Clemson, and is a 100% true CU Tiger fan (unlike some of the other hosts).

I don't disagree, he's written some good stuff in the past

Sep 18, 2018, 2:49 PM

I remember in Bowden's last season he wrote a blog about how Clemson should consider letting Tommy go and giving Dabo the opportunity to coach the rest of the season. It was well written, opinionated and he backed up his opinions. It was nothing like this mail sack "blog." I used to listen to his show when I was a Clemson student and enjoyed it. I wish he would regroup and get back to that.

Re: I don't disagree, he's written some good stuff in the past

Sep 18, 2018, 3:35 PM

Most everyone agrees that TL is a better passer than KB and the stats seem to support this. I would like to know how the running game does when each qb is in, not just how each qb runs, but the entire running game.

Sep 18, 2018, 4:03 PM

You have to admit that it should be better stats for TL because he hadn't started a game yet. KB gets the first 3-4 series and by the time TL comes in the OCs now know how the opposing Defense is scheming. So when TL comes in the OCs should be calling better plays based on first three series.

Sep 18, 2018, 8:01 PM

You best be careful buddy. Some fans are not going to like this excuse lol. I agree with ya tho. Both QBs have been pretty good tho and I think both have shown they deserve to play.

Well yeah, sure, he was trying back then***

Sep 18, 2018, 5:03 PM [ in reply to I don't disagree, he's written some good stuff in the past ]

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,647
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic