Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sex, Drugs, and Poverty in Red and Blue America
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 90
| visibility 51

Sex, Drugs, and Poverty in Red and Blue America

May 7, 2015, 2:29 PM

Clicky:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/06/opinion/sex-drugs-and-poverty-in-red-and-blue-america.html?_r=0

For those of you railing against Baltimore, black communities, and liberal policies, this one's gonna sting. Gonna sting hard.

"The high pregnancy and birthrates among white teenagers in states where the Christian right and Tea Party forces are strong reflect the inability of ideological doctrines stressing social conservatism to halt the gradual shift away from traditional family structures.

The high pregnancy and birthrates among white teenagers in states where the Christian right and Tea Party forces are strong reflect the inability of ideological doctrines stressing social conservatism to halt the gradual shift away from traditional family structures."

"In the short term, Republicans, in complete control of 24 states, are conducting a full scale assault on liberalizing cultural trends. Their focus is on the enactment of legislation restricting abortions, including placing limits on access to the procedure and the imposition of tough regulations on abortion providers. A dozen states have enacted constitutional amendments banning same-sex marriage, and 19 states have enacted religious freedom laws that civil rights advocates contend allow businesses to discriminate against gays.

While right wing commentators are demonizing the social and cultural values of the distressed citizens of Baltimore and their political leaders, they are oblivious to the vulnerability of their traditional moral agenda during a time of inexorable demographic change.

The problems of majority black Baltimore are extreme, but many of the trends found there are as extreme or more so in majority white Muskogee."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

My copy and paste kinda went screwy

May 7, 2015, 2:31 PM

Another paragraph of note:

"In fact, the map in the second chart shows that the Southern Baptist Convention, one of the most socially conservative denominations in America, is dominant in every one of the nine states with the highest white teenage pregnancy rates, with the sole exception of West Virginia."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Sex, Drugs, and Poverty in Red and Blue America

May 7, 2015, 2:31 PM

Redneck Lives Matter

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tired of those hicks looting the IGA and Piggly Wiggly***

May 7, 2015, 2:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: tired of those hicks looting the IGA and Piggly Wiggly***

May 7, 2015, 3:24 PM

dont think this cant happen.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2015, 7:01 PM

Anything CAN happen. But it hasn't made the news yet.

Multiple times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2015, 11:03 AM

It is understandable to blame the media for cherry picking coverage to serve an agenda. But then again, you do not have to watch FNC for very long to see how it has corrupted the value in this country and caused a lot of resent ment, fear and anger on situations that either or partially inaccurate, orcompletely misrepresented, while lumping blame in all the wrong areas. It is a scourge on Humanity.

lol There are liberals watching FNC too for the truth. Look

May 8, 2015, 4:54 PM

at it this way, there aren't award winning journalists leaving Fox because FNC forces them to say or not say the truth. Sadly the same can not be said of the MSM, especially NBC & CBS. It has been well established that there is a serious liberal bias to the MSM to anyone objective. Furthermore, FNC is consistently voted most trustworthy, including by liberals.

http://www.businessinsider.com/liberal-bias-in-media-chart-2014-11

http://www.mrc.org/media-bias-101/journalists-admitting-liberal-bias-part-one

http://www.westernjournalism.com/top-50-examples-liberal-media-bias/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Riots and teen pregnancy. I see the relationship clearly.***

May 7, 2015, 2:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a NYT op ed

May 7, 2015, 2:33 PM

don't be so picky

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You did not read that article in three minutes.

May 7, 2015, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Riots and teen pregnancy. I see the relationship clearly.*** ]

Get back in there, actually read the statistics and the point, and come back.

And I believe you were one of the ones citing illegitimacy as a major problem with black America. These statistics shatter the idea that it's only a problem with black America and, in fact, may be more of a problem with white, conservative America.

May 7, 2015, 2:34 PM

unless we are all pumping out children in mass, there will never be enough consumers in the market to sustain our infinite growth paradigm. Liberal policies on immigration serve the same end.

I agree; I say we import the entire Japanese population.

May 7, 2015, 2:40 PM

We own them already, right?? Just imagine actually owning Honda & Toyota as American enterprises! NO LIMIT

Re: I agree; I say we import the entire Japanese population.

May 7, 2015, 2:50 PM

certainly that was one purpose globalization served when our economy began to stagnate in the 70s. We needed to broaden our consumer base and exploit cheaper labor markets in order to keep the whole thing afloat.

May 7, 2015, 2:53 PM

Alabama's economy is starting to regret their new immigration policies for this reason.

May 7, 2015, 2:56 PM

why should Alabama care when they take in $2.46 from the federal government for every dollar they produce?

May 7, 2015, 3:00 PM

The farming economy is going to care. About to be non-existent there. They've got prisoners working the fields now. lol Hard workers!

May 7, 2015, 3:21 PM

that would basically be slavery, especially since there is a monetary incentive to lock people up in the country. In the end it will just mean more welfare and food assistance in that sate, thus a bigger strain our deficit.

We have to stop listening to the people who are profiting off of this and look elsewhere for solutions.

Congratufukkinlations, bruhv!!!! You just got aNOTHER point

May 7, 2015, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree; I say we import the entire Japanese population. ]

from me!

The invisible hand is truly a remarkable phenomenon.

I'm still confused as to why our cities aren't enclosed by steal man-made atmospheres to keep out the threat of meteors. You know, like, from Tennessee.

Why aren't they rioting in Muskogee then?

I didn't click the link, but from the excerpt you provided, it sounds as if the author is actually excited about a gradual shift away from traditional family structures...Which is pretty stupid considering the ample evidence to show where that leads.

All this piece seems to want to do is direct focus away from the failures of democrat controlled areas, such as Chicago and Baltimore. "Hey, those guys have the same problems too!!! They aren't killing each other daily or rioting, but still!!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jesus Christ, click the link. Read it. You'll get the point.***

May 7, 2015, 2:43 PM

I don't get the point...

May 7, 2015, 3:01 PM

seems like the author is speaking a "moral" policies and most conservative criticisms I've heard are strictly fiscal policies; the idea that once great cities like Detroit and Baltimore have completely fallen apart despite the money that continues to be poured into them. I'm sure Muskogee has some nice buildings though, although I don't know how much it has declined in the last 50 years.

Unfortunately the problem is a lot more complex than the conservative criticisms address or this op ed.

Re: I don't get the point...

May 7, 2015, 3:05 PM

if you can look at it this way franc, Baltimore was not the first domino to fall, nor the last. It is just a sign of things to come and a symptom of failed federal economic policy that was set into motion long before either one of us was born.

Both sides are culpible.

This.

May 7, 2015, 3:07 PM

I'm starting to think more and more than we need to have a few beers together.

Butt tap.

Re: This.

May 7, 2015, 3:14 PM

may just jump back on the wagon for that one, as I occasionally do.;)

I agree with that...***

May 7, 2015, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't get the point... ]

thats a true statement***

May 7, 2015, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't get the point... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why aren't they rioting in Muskogee then?

May 7, 2015, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Why aren't they rioting in Muskogee then? ]

> "Hey, those guys have
> the same problems too!!! They aren't killing each
> other daily or rioting, but still!!"

Nothing worth destroying there. And when they kill each other, that stops the checks.

You might just be right. I spent considerable time in

May 9, 2015, 4:46 PM

Oklahoma for 30+ yrs. Its beautiful around Tulsa and we used to take Scout trips there to canoe float some of the rivers. You keep your mouth shut in towns like Muskogee. They are a mean surly lot. Good folks but I found them leery of strangers. Go Tigers, take S. Georgia again.

stick with the herd Cata, you're straying****

Not sure why that would sting conservatives.

May 7, 2015, 2:47 PM

I don't know that anyone denies that the problems in Baltimore are also problems in conservative states.

Most of the liberal policies are federal so how could the problems not be everywhere?

Here's the point it's making

May 7, 2015, 2:49 PM

Since some people are just making assumptions without, you know, reading (not saying you're one of them).

These conservatives argued that the problems in Baltimore are a direct result of liberal policies. But the author shows very striking statistics that communities with traditionally conservative fan bases and policies have the exact same or even worse policies.

The idea is that neither side has it right, but that the Republican approach may be much worse.

LOL, of course the Republican approach has to be worse

May 7, 2015, 2:59 PM

It couldn't be any other way. You see any issue with comparing a place with a population of roughly 39k people to a place with 623k people?

I did go back and read the article, btw. Seemed to be more or less saying "but but white conservatives!!!"

Say what you want about the conservative South, but businesses seem to be heading our direction. Granted, I couldn't care less about social policy, gay rights is one of the most overblown issues of our time. But I promise you this, you bring economic opportunity, and that community will prosper.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're talking percentages. Per capita

May 7, 2015, 3:07 PM

Doesn't matter much about total population.

The author is dispelling a common argument that has emerged from the right in the wake of Baltimore, and it's one that has been echoed on this board:

Liberal policies and ideology led up to the disaster in Baltimore. Internal issues among black Americans led up to the disaster in Baltimore.

What the author shows us is that these same problems exist all throughout white, conservative America, and in some cases, they're worse. Thus, it may have nothing to do with political ideology at all.

but, I think the argument has been that the

May 7, 2015, 3:20 PM

liberal fiscal issues have caused the problems. I dont think FNC or Limbaugh or other have said that gays and abortions caused Baltimore. Nor have they argued that anti-gay laws and anti-abortion laws have kept the South from becoming Baltimore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anti-abortion laws don't contribute to illigetimacy?***

May 7, 2015, 3:30 PM

abortion is illegal now?!?

May 7, 2015, 3:33 PM

Praise da Lawd! Hallelujer!

in Baltimore?

May 7, 2015, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Anti-abortion laws don't contribute to illigetimacy?*** ]

pretty sure a women 9 months preggers could walk into a planned parenthood shop and have the baby killed without recourse.

anti-abortion laws may well contribute to illegitimacy in the South. If so, then the arguments proffered by the conservatives have even more force - hey, look here, even with all this anti-abortion induced illegitimacy we don't riot!

Re: in Baltimore?

May 7, 2015, 3:43 PM

I think you're not focusing on the point of this article. He only mentions the abortion stuff twice as a side issue. The main point is that the problems in Baltimore can't be a product of liberal policy because the places with dominant conservative policy and voters have the same issues. Possibly even worse.

His point is that this isn't a matter of political ideology.

but he's singling out social conservative policies

May 7, 2015, 4:00 PM

whereas the commentary has focused on fiscal policies. If commentators had been saying that Baltimore failed because of liberal social policies, the comparison to conservative social polices would work.

What doesnt work is the comparison of failed social conservative policies with failed liberal fiscal policies.

Incidentally, that's also the same problem that arises when one conflates the "Tea Party" with the "Christian Right" - sometimes the membership may overlap but the main issues are quite disparate.

you gotta be careful with that per capita comparison

May 7, 2015, 3:36 PM [ in reply to We're talking percentages. Per capita ]

a few years ago Clemson had a higher murder rate per capita than Chicago because it had 1 murder in it, so Clemson was deemed to be a "more dangerous" place to live in than Chicago, which has hundreds per year.

Just bringing up something ridiculous I remember from the past. Stats can mean anything you want them to mean.

Dude! clockwork orange. S'up brah?***

May 7, 2015, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Not sure why that would sting conservatives. ]

Allright, I'll play along

May 7, 2015, 3:14 PM

The author is obviously trying to make the point that the problems that exist in Baltimore are as bad or worse in "red" (i.e. white) states. He then goes on to provide some statistics about births to unwed mothers by race and teenage pregnancies in whites. What he is unable to provide though, is any evidence that links these births to unwed white mothers that live a conservative lifestyle the he so obviously disagrees with. Do these exist? Quite certainly they do, I know of plenty of births from white teenage girls from conservative families. But to try to say that the evidence he provides could only apply to conservative whites, just because they occur in "red" states, is a bit of a stretch. These problems exist everywhere. I don't know why the author is so hellbent on trying to make this a racial comparison by linking the same problems from blacks to whites, because these problems exist across all races and to try to argue otherwise is foolish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Then you have to turn that argument right around

May 7, 2015, 3:19 PM

And say you can't make assumptions that the unwed black mothers live a liberal lifestyle simply because they come from "blue" communities.

You see? That's the ultimate point the guy is making. The right claims Baltimore's disaster is a product of liberalism and problems in the black community. He shows that these problems exist in conservative environments, therefore they may have nothing to do with political ideology at all.

I disagree

May 7, 2015, 4:05 PM

You say he shows that these problems exist in conservative environments. I don't think he does that at all. He shows that these problems exist in conservative geographies, but there is no evidence that these problems exist in only white, conservative households in the "red" states.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct. That piece is full of statistically...

May 7, 2015, 4:14 PM

illogical conclusions.

I tread lightly here...

May 7, 2015, 4:22 PM [ in reply to I disagree ]

Considering your logo is Buckwheat, but, well... otay.

First, explain to me how a conservative environment is not the same as a conservative geography? These semantics are interesting.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say, "This isn't valid because you can't prove these stats apply to white conservatives" while at the same time claiming Baltimore is a direct product of liberal ideology. Uh uh. Dog can't hunt. Only pisses himself. You can't prove all those people in Baltimore are liberals, either.

Unless you're just assuming all poor blacks are liberals. Then I'm not sure what else we can discuss.

Re: I tread lightly here...

May 7, 2015, 4:36 PM

Not sure why you bring up my logo. So it is a picture of buckwheat. I used to watch the Little Rascals when I was a kid and thought it was a funny show. Simple as that...bfd.

I don't think there are any semantics to anything I said. A conservative environment would be, if we want to stereotype, a white, christian family, with a mother and father in the home that tend to vote republican. I think that is what the author is trying to say, anyway. A conservative geography would be, for example, Muscogee, OK. I KNOW that is what the author is trying to say in his piece, and I can't disagree with that. What I can do is link the author's evidence to conservative geographies. As I said in my original post, the problems of unwed pregnanacies and teenage pregnancies exist in all races, in all ideaologies, and all geographies. I am not arguing that they don't, and as I said to try to do otherwise would be foolish. What I can't do is link the author's evidence to conservative environments. Can't get there from here, and he offers no evidence to the contrary.

I'm not trying to have it both ways. I didn't say all those people in Baltimore are liberals. And I don't think I said anything about all poor blacks being liberals, and I'm not real sure why you brought that up.

because liking Buckwheat makes you a rassist...

May 8, 2015, 11:12 AM

try to keep up

Well, he is from Aiken.***

May 8, 2015, 1:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think you want to compare Aiken and Edgefield....

May 8, 2015, 1:37 PM

in regards to rassist tendencies!

Aiken has no problem with black people

May 8, 2015, 1:40 PM

As long as they keep to the northside of town #proudsouthaikenalum

^^^EXACTLY^^^

May 7, 2015, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Allright, I'll play along ]

who says the white people are conservatives?

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

have conservative commentators blamed a

May 7, 2015, 3:18 PM

liberal "moral" agenda on the Baltimore riots? I'll I've heard is failed fiscal policies with some like Rand Paul discussing criminal/incarceration and policing policies.

Are you suggesting that there are conservatives running around saying if there were less gays and abortions Baltimore would not riot?

I just haven't seen it. Furthermore, "constitutional amendments banning same-sex marriage" ?? the US Supreme Court is about to make that a moot point.

They've cited illegitimacy. On this board, in fact.***

May 7, 2015, 3:20 PM

sure. but the illegitimacy is argued as being a

May 7, 2015, 3:24 PM

result of the liberal policies. that is, a system that incarcerates a majority of young black males and encourages through social programs and poor education system single motherhood.

liberal fiscal policies have fostered an environment where blacks in Baltimore can't advance economically as have non-violent drug offense incarceration policies.

Re: sure. but the illegitimacy is argued as being a

May 7, 2015, 3:52 PM

this "liberal fiscal policy" is much more a symptom than a cause.

I surely did, not illegitimacy per se, but lack of father...

May 7, 2015, 4:11 PM [ in reply to They've cited illegitimacy. On this board, in fact.*** ]

involvement and guidance.

I don't believe I ever tied that directly to liberal policy though.

Yes they absolutely have blamed the liberal moral agenda.

May 7, 2015, 4:07 PM [ in reply to have conservative commentators blamed a ]

I also like how you put "moral" in quotes as a little #### you to people you disagree with.

Anyway, here: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/congressman-links-baltimore-crisis-to-same-sex-marriage-117495.html

Hey look at this! Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) blamed the “breakdown in the family structure, the lack of fathers and the lack of moral code in our society” for the violent protests in Baltimore.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/240329-paul-blames-breakdown-in-the-family-structure-for-baltimore-riots

Commence backpeddling........... NOW

Re: Yes they absolutely have blamed the liberal moral agenda.

May 7, 2015, 4:19 PM
cold.jpg(67.1 K)

come again?

May 7, 2015, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Yes they absolutely have blamed the liberal moral agenda. ]

exactly who are you suggesting I'm disagreeing with re: "moral"? I approach this as other issues from the libertarian side. Of course that is juxtaposed the NYT which is defending liberal fiscal policies of Baltimore and other bastions of wealth redistribution run-a-muck.

Regarding Rand Paul, he has been a leader championing decriminalization of drugs and reducing non-violent incarceration rates. quite simply the "family structure" has broken down because of the high incarceration rates of young black males. Regarding "moral code" - are you suggesting that someone who deems burning buildings is operating within a justifiable societal "moral code"

and, furthermore, no backpedaling on Rep. Bill Flores. thats the first I've heard of him or that position (of course I don't watch FNC). he and the legitimate rape portion of the GOP can go jump off a cliff.

Isn't that what Charles Murray wrote about years ago?

May 7, 2015, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Yes they absolutely have blamed the liberal moral agenda. ]

http://www.amazon.com/Coming-Apart-State-America-1960-2010/dp/030745343X

That book was specifically about the white lower class in towns like Muskogee. The people Edsall is writing about are far more like the people in inner city Baltimore than they are like rich urbanites.

71.4% Wow***

May 7, 2015, 4:03 PM

True enough, but a few things...

May 7, 2015, 5:19 PM

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/a-tale-of-two-cities-muskogee-baltimore/

The Douthat piece on the "religious penumbra" is especially good. I guess that means tdrake will think it's stupid, though.

No longer a place where even squares can have a ball

May 7, 2015, 5:44 PM

... if they're poor.

Can't believe nobody's said that yet.

bravo would have but prod gave up country and turned prude***

May 8, 2015, 9:49 AM

May 8, 2015, 8:46 AM

So We have a big increase in the number of lazy, no count rednecks across America, is this meant to be a big surprise? Is a race to the bottom whereby poor and lower middle class folks everywhere join the chaotic masses in the inner city a good thing? What your heros at the NYTimes fail to mention is that these classes have rejected Niblical principles and are now lining up for free cheese like your inner city "victims" of the affluent,

The fact that the nutty welfare programs are getting used more and more by those who prefer to act like spoiled children with low IQ's is a very bad thing for us but not surprising. Perhaps we can just start issuing ASBO's like the Brits do.

Psuedo intellectual punk neo-libs who celebrate the fall of the traditional family are bitter losers.

"Pseudo Intellectual Punk Neo-Libs"

May 8, 2015, 9:28 AM

I like that. That would be an awesome name for a band. I may go ahead and copyright that before you can.

May 8, 2015, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Sex, Drugs, and Poverty in Red and Blue America ]

must be nice living with the perception that this alleged celebrating of the fall of traditional family values are somehow and indictment on liberal policies in this country, let alone the rest of the developed world that has absolutely no idea what that really means.

but as I am sure you already know, most of progressive were raised by wolves.

Complete BS and utter nonsense! ...........

May 8, 2015, 1:29 PM

First, liberal policies are to blame because blacks in America, as a group, have not been held accountable for anything since the 60s. Liberals have been spoon feeding blacks for decades to buy their votes. The left finds BS ways to blame Republicans for every issue in the black community, but anyone with 2 brain cells, some common sense, and an ounce of objectivity can easily find plenty of proof to quash those lies and show the direct negative effects of the rise of big government with the decline of the black community. Same with hispanics and women.

The left despises conservative blacks and women because they are the true threats to the left. The NAACP and NOW don't speak for or support blacks and women. They lash out violently at conservative blacks and women. They are simply cogs in the progressive machine. The left has to crush and discredit conservative women and blacks because their success nullifies the propaganda, which would ultimately bring down the left. Andrew Brietbart became a conservative because of the way NPR was attacking Clarence Thomas during his confirmation hearings. And Thomas himself predicted years ago what would happen to any woman, black, or hispanic/latino that dare run for president. Any comment from the right in regards to Obama or Hillary gets instantly labeled racist and sexiest by the liberal mainstream media and Hollywood. Yet women and blacks on the right are violently and viciously attacked, even on a personal level, including their families.

Progressives want white communities to decline too. They want as many people dependent on government as possible. They want capitalism to collapse under the weight of regulations and government interference so they can say see, capitalism doesn't work. They want chaos so the government can step in and take control.

The left is losing on the state level as more states are turning red, but thanks to the liberal mainstream media, Hollywood, and social media the left controls the narrative nationally. And it's all lies and half truths and identity politics. Abortion effects less than 15% or the population. Gay rights less than 5%. But they use those and other social issues to distract and hood wink the public and steal national elections.

America would never go for socialism and communism willingly. Progressives know this, which is why they have been slowly manipulating our society since the original progressive era. You can't throw a frog in a pot of boiling water without him jumping out, but you can toss him in warm water and bring it too a boil. That's been the progressive plan for over 100 years. All one has to do is read Saul Alinsky and other progressives/communists and it's very clear. A communist revolution would never work in America, but progressives, via the mainstream media and Hollywood, know they can manipulate people thanks to arrogance, ignorance, stupidity, and a society full of self absorbed narcissistic and gullible low information voters. History has proven societies are easy to manipulate if you control the narrative. People foolishly think it could never happen in America, but it can and is and when enlightened voices speak out the left successfully ridicules, demonizes, and marginalizes them.

As far as the decline of white communities, even in conservative states, that's easy to predict. Those communities are no longer insulated from progressives.

Over the past 40 years progressives have controlled our public schools, college campuses have become communist strongholds, and the propaganda machine has convinced white kids that acting black is cool and their parents are backwards, moronic bigots and racists. Kids naturally reject authority and parents anyway, but given the progressive propaganda driving schools, plus the rise of the internet, cable TV, social media, Hollywood, and political correctness run wild, parents and pastors barely have any influence. Increase divorce rates and single parent homes and that influence weakens even more. We can no longer slut shame teen girls, but a handful of uber PC idiots on social media can control and manipulate colleges and communities despite common sense and the facts.

null

How do you "act black"

May 8, 2015, 1:39 PM

I'd like to try it out.

The same way educated blacks are bashed for "acting white".***

May 8, 2015, 4:28 PM

null

Still don't get it...

May 8, 2015, 4:30 PM

I've got no plans tonight, and would like to attempt to "act black" to pass the time, but you're not giving me enough information.

Might help to get your head out your ### because everyone

May 8, 2015, 4:35 PM

not living under a rock or in some deluded mental state knows exactly what acting black or acting white means. Playing dumb in an attempt to discredit me or to deny reality isn't going to work.

null

Were you acting white or black with that post.

May 8, 2015, 4:38 PM

I mean, I know what you are talking about when I see it but it's much harder to tell on a message board.

Earlier you said you went to South Aiken....

May 8, 2015, 4:44 PM [ in reply to How do you "act black" ]

so you know the answer to your own question.

Wow. This post.

May 8, 2015, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Complete BS and utter nonsense! ........... ]

And this guy. People like this still exist, folks.

Yes. Honest and objective people do still exist but we are

May 8, 2015, 4:06 PM

on the decline. Sorry facts, truth, & reality elude you.

null

Some honest blacks get it too ......

May 8, 2015, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Wow. This post. ]

http://nypost.com/2014/10/27/barkleys-brilliance-slams-acting-white-idiocy/

the tough-love message of a Charles Barkley, or a Bill Cosby before him, never seems to make a dent against the conventional narrative of black victimhood.

It is considered the logic of The Man. It cuts against the grain of the liberal orthodoxy that all that ails the black community is the lack of more government support. It is anathema to civil-rights leaders who have made grievance their stock in trade.

And, of course, if a white person says it, it is denounced as racism.

There is a vast academic, media and organizational apparatus devoted to supporting the conventional narrative — and the Round Mound of Rebound has more wisdom than all of it.

null

Yup, look what the MSM has done to Bill Cosby.***

May 8, 2015, 4:28 PM

I know, right?

May 11, 2015, 8:43 AM

They've been awful to him. All he did was rape about 30 women.

Nice call praising Bill Cosby. Solid choice.***

May 8, 2015, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Some honest blacks get it too ...... ]

Don't read and comp well do you? I didn't praise Cosby, I

May 9, 2015, 12:58 AM

linked an article written by a credible person that mentioned him and posted part of the article. Besides, Bill Clinton is a bigger scum bag than Cosby with a totally incompetent wife and both are blatant liars and completely corrupt and 10's of millions worship them.

null

When Bill is accused of drugging and ######

May 11, 2015, 2:57 PM

Women over the span of several decades, let me know. As far as I can tell, adultery doesn't put you in the same line as "serial rapist", but that's just me.

You mean folks with which you disagree?....

May 8, 2015, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Wow. This post. ]

I suspect they're lots of 'em.

Do you agree with him on this post?***

May 8, 2015, 5:22 PM

Not entirely...I agree with a few points...and disagree...

May 8, 2015, 5:58 PM

with others.

Where am I wrong? Everything I wrote can be

May 9, 2015, 1:05 AM [ in reply to Do you agree with him on this post?*** ]

documented and supported. You also clearly thought it was racist, yet black conservatives have said and written the same things, including some that are extremely credible and household names.

null

Please

May 11, 2015, 9:13 AM

I would like you to show me the documentation about your "acting black" claim. Please.

Re: Wow. This post.

May 9, 2015, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Wow. This post. ]

There is a whole heap of them in any Southern state and even a few Yankee states. They post here every day. They cuss good too. Go Tigers, do it again tonight.

Yeap, stupid liberals thinking with their emotions rather

May 10, 2015, 1:30 AM

than facts and common sense. As Lenin said, liberals are useful idiots.

I love how liberals call white men racist and sexiest for saying things also believed and said by women and blacks. Liberals could learn tons from conservative women and blacks, but they never will because facts and truth don't matter to them. They only care about their agenda.

null

Replies: 90
| visibility 51
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic