Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not sure why everyone thinks Scott needs a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Not sure why everyone thinks Scott needs a

Dec 2, 2014, 9:30 AM

Co-offensive coordinator. Did Chad have one when he took over? Just because he's unproven doesn't mean he's not up to the task.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

don't know whether he needs one or not, but.......

Dec 2, 2014, 9:36 AM

chad was proven.........(not at the bigtime "BCS" level, but put up big numbers where he was as a playcaller)

i think a lot of fans are hesitant b/c of the napier debacle (and rightfully so........b/c that was awful)......I don't think Scott = Napier, but at this point it's tough to know.

I think he KNOWS the system/playbook/etc.... like the back of his hand, but calling the plays is a different story.

I think we need to keep scott no matter what........whether it be a pay bump and title or OC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who's everyone?

Dec 2, 2014, 9:37 AM

From what I've seen on here and from those that I speak to who have any knowledge of the program the general consensus is that Coach Scott is more than ready to take over the OC slot.

I'd actually be surprised if there is even a hick-up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not everyone thinks he does

Dec 2, 2014, 9:39 AM

some people complain about everything. This has been in the plans and works for the past few seasons that CJS would take over as OC when CM left. He'll do a great job.

Re: Not sure why everyone thinks Scott needs a

Dec 2, 2014, 9:40 AM

I'm all for bringing in someone with experience as OC to help him out. Whether the title be mentor, co-coordinator, or QB coach, there is so much more that goes with that job. He is already our best recruiter, I don't want to overwhelm him with the managerial tasks that go with that job title.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very FEW would think that. Probably same one that thought

Dec 2, 2014, 9:42 AM

Dabo should be OC first. LOL, yes the armchair coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think most people are concerned that promoting Scott....

Dec 2, 2014, 9:47 AM

could be a repeat of the Billy Napier experiment that went so poorly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Most people?....

Dec 2, 2014, 9:52 AM

No, a limited few.

Most people as in....

Dec 2, 2014, 9:59 AM

most of those who think Scott needs a co-offensive coordinator.

You can count me among them.

Our offense it at a point where it would be imprudent not to mention a bit reckless to completely turn it over to an inexperienced play caller.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think most people are concerned that promoting Scott....

Dec 2, 2014, 9:59 AM [ in reply to I think most people are concerned that promoting Scott.... ]

Dabo made good choices in the past. 100 % behind his decision

So you think Napier was a good choice?***

Dec 2, 2014, 10:04 AM

What coach in America has hit on every hire? He has

Dec 2, 2014, 10:11 AM

definately made some great hires since Napier and would trust him fully on what coach gets the OC position.

You're certainly aware that Napier has done a

Dec 2, 2014, 10:19 AM [ in reply to So you think Napier was a good choice?*** ]

sterling job as 'Bama's WR coach---IMO, Amari Cooper will be one of the first 5 players selected in the NFL draft next year.....and Napier was hired by Saban from ColoSt where he also did a great job as QB coach. He's more than a fair hand on the recruiting trail as well as many (including Clemson fans) have attested

So, it seems to me that Coach Swinney did indeed (correctly) see the talent and potential in young Napier. Perhaps, for Clemson, it was a bit too much too soon, but Napier's resume grows more and more solid as the years pass....I'll not be surprised if gets a HC job offer in the near future

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're certainly aware that Napier has done a

Dec 2, 2014, 10:24 AM

I wonder whether Scott wants the OC job? Not saying he doesn't, but likewise, he may really like his current role on the recruiting side and wouldn't want to give it up. Some folks like to be really, really good at what they do and are satisfied doing it.

So...can I apply? LOL!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol

Dec 2, 2014, 10:27 AM

being an assistant coach or coordinator at Clemson can be a lucrative undertaking....its amazing to an old fart like me how much salaries for football staff have increased.

I didn't say Napier was a bad coach or recruiter.....

Dec 2, 2014, 10:35 AM [ in reply to You're certainly aware that Napier has done a ]

He's not....but he was a bad offensive coordinator which is fine. Not all position coaches are cut out to be coordinators.

I suppose.....but

Dec 2, 2014, 10:42 AM

how many times did we read on Tnet and the vast majority of other college football sites that Dabo Swinney would be a horrible HC because he'd never been a coordinator---anywhere.

Not trying to draw you into an argument, but sometimes an individual's talent shines in whatever task he's assigned and those in positions above him or her recognize it.

I think Swinney's proven himself enough, at this point in his HC career, that whatever decision he makes regarding the replacement of Chad Morris will be a strong one.

Hiring Dabo was a HUGE gamble by the CU administration

Dec 2, 2014, 11:07 AM

and I think we're all glad that it has worked-out for us as well as it has, but it was a huge gamble and largely a budget hire nontheless.

Re: So you think Napier was a good choice?***

Dec 2, 2014, 10:41 AM [ in reply to So you think Napier was a good choice?*** ]

I don't think Dabo was given much choice with Napier.

Re: Not sure why everyone thinks Scott needs a

Dec 2, 2014, 9:53 AM

A co-coordinator? Nope. I think Dabo will be a great assistant to Jeff Scott if he decides to give Scott the position. I said it before and I will say it again, Gruden said he would like to coach the WR at Clemson. Give him a call....

or QB coach

Dec 2, 2014, 9:56 AM

dude grew up under Mike Holmgren.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only person who knows is Dabo.***

Dec 2, 2014, 10:28 AM

Re: The only person who knows is Dabo.***

Dec 2, 2014, 10:35 AM

Billy Napier would have looked good with Sammy Watkins, a healthy Ellington, a more experienced Tajh Boyd, Dwayne Allen, etc. He did fine when he had talent. Scott will be fine

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having Napier now to Coach QBs

Dec 2, 2014, 10:42 AM

and recruit.

Dec 2, 2014, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: The only person who knows is Dabo.*** ]

If I remember right Napier had no one who catch a pass other than a freshman receiver named Hopkins. He really was limited in what he could do because of a lack of talent that season.

Dec 2, 2014, 11:14 AM

Napier is a fine young Coach. He is the WR Coach at Bama now. He wasn't ready to be OC at hat point. Yes, there was a lack of talent in 2010, especially at WR, but the offense had no identity.

Dec 2, 2014, 11:18 AM

What up woody!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic