Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not sure what Ole Miss could sell R.N.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Not sure what Ole Miss could sell R.N.

Jul 22, 2012, 4:00 PM

You can come to Ole Miss for the next 3 years. You won't be getting that great of an education and you won't be playing for a winning team. You will be at the bottom of the S.E.C. East, and won't see one snap where you aren't double teamed. Your offense will suck, so you will usually have bad field position, and the other team is going to run the rock because 14 to 21 points will beat Ole Miss

Clemson can sell a good education, a chance to compete for a national championship, and the ability to play with other 4 and 5* recruits on an up an coming defense with a proven coordinator. The offense is explosive so he will have a chance to get up the field and rush the passer because teams have to pass the ball to beat Clemson.

I just don't see it happening.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure what Ole Miss could sell R.N.

Jul 22, 2012, 4:25 PM

ole miss is in the west.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2012, 4:28 PM

"National Chamionship' not sure they can sell him on that

Clemson has a much better shot of running the ACC

Jul 22, 2012, 4:44 PM

Than Ole Miss has of running the S.E.C. In fact, if things shake out right, Clemson should be ranked in the top 10 at the start of R.N. freshmen year. We will return a top ranked offense with a more experienced offensive line and a defense that could feature a 4 and 5* defensive line, a 5 and 4* linebacker group and a 4 and 5* secondary. I think a squad like that could win out.

Jul 22, 2012, 4:28 PM

probably the same thing they tried to sell cam Newton, around 800k in cash.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2012, 4:30 PM

I think that was Miss State

It's cut-and-dry. If RN wants to play with his brother,

Jul 22, 2012, 5:08 PM

he'll go to Ole Miss, and there is nothing we could have done. Everything else favors Clemson. Better school. Better football program. Closer to home. Already been there, loves it and committed. Loves the coaches. Has several friends already committed.

Ole Miss just cannot compare with Clemson. Doesn't mean he won't go to Ole Miss, but if that happened it would be because of something we could not control.

null

Jul 22, 2012, 5:23 PM

They are selling him the idea that he would big a big fish in a small pond at Ole Miss and get to play with family instead of being just another big recruit at Clemson University.

Ole Miss could be an attractive place if R.N. is a me first player. If he is a player that wants to be part of a team that wants to be great then Ole Miss would not look as attractive and will hold no interest.

But he is already committed so there is no reason to worry about losing him.

as the number 1 recruit in the nation, he likely will develop into a first rounder no matter which team he plays for.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree

Jul 22, 2012, 5:26 PM

R.N. can put up bigger numbers at Clemson because he would be surrounded with better talent. If he goes to Ole Miss he would be taking on the tackle, guard and tailback every time he ruses the passer.

Jul 22, 2012, 5:30 PM

Sounds like he's there to visit his brother.

Jul 22, 2012, 5:49 PM

> Sounds like he's there to visit his brother.

And while he's visiting his brother, he's visiting the football facilities, putting on the team jerseys in the lockerroom, meeting with other Ole Miss Players, and touring the weightroom and training room with coaches.

In other words, he's doing EXACTLY what every other prospect does when they take an unofficial visit to a school.

Only, they don't have brothers there....

Do we need to post all of R.N. pictures at Clemson

Jul 22, 2012, 5:53 PM

1 Ole Miss pic

tons of Clemson Pics

I'll take this equation

tons > 1

I know Coot math isn't a strong point, you can google the > sign if you need to.

Re: Do we need to post all of R.N. pictures at Clemson

Jul 22, 2012, 5:56 PM

But what does your post have at all to do with my response to the notion that he was there just to "visit his brother"???

????

Not sure, I'm drunk***

Jul 22, 2012, 5:57 PM

Jul 22, 2012, 6:11 PM

Ole Miss claims 3 National Titles (59,60, 62) to Clemson's 1 title (81).

Ole Miss = SEC, his brother plays there, Ole Miss' game day and area is far nicer than Clemson's. I'm pretty sure they won the 2008 and 2009 Cotton Bowls. 6 Conference Titles.

Clemson - Most NCAA Violations in NCAA History, in the boonies and you have a lake (big deal) you play in the weak #### ACC and once you go to 9 conference games your irrelevant conference will pretty much be on par with the Sun Belt.

Jul 22, 2012, 6:16 PM

Ole Miss 2011 - 2-10 including losses against Vandy, Kentuck, La Tech and Miss St.

Clemson 2011- 10 - 4 ACC champs

Hmm, we have the most recent N.C. and we have a much better current program. We have a coach that has won a conference championship and we have 3 of his good friends all ready committed.

Jul 22, 2012, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Not sure what Ole Miss could sell R.N. ]

Clemson - Most NCAA Violations in NCAA History, in the boonies and you have a lake (big deal) you play in the weak #### ACC and once you go to 9 conference games your irrelevant conference will pretty much be on par with the Sun Belt.

Can't be true you coots have more than us and we don't even make the top 10 list nationally, but want to wager who is #6 on that list?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2012, 6:45 PM

150+ Violation in 1982 Alone. Tainted 81 title. Keep talking about your 1 so called title. When Ole Miss can claim 3. Oxford is 10x better then Clemson. Hell, most of you Tigers have never even left the border of SC even though Georgia is right down the road.

You're right

Jul 22, 2012, 6:47 PM

I wish I went to a school that sucked at everything and whose motto is, "at least we won the tailgate".

Jul 22, 2012, 6:13 PM

Clemson alum here, but my good man, go to the square in Oxford on any Thursday night when school is in session.

I have

Jul 22, 2012, 6:17 PM

The number of popped collars was off the charts, I think I saw a few dudes with the collars popped on their t-shirts. I didn't even know that was possible.

Re: I have

Jul 22, 2012, 6:18 PM

I think you were looking at the wrong gender. ;)

I was trying to check out the chicks

Jul 22, 2012, 6:30 PM

Unfortunately all I saw was a bunch of rich, and possible chromosome deficient dudes trying to impress a bunch of gold diggers with their money. I'll take a Clemson girl any day of the week. They are smarter, more attractive, and less stuck up than those southern belles they have at Ole Miss.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic