Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMO there's one real Home Run candidate for Texas: Briles
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

IMO there's one real Home Run candidate for Texas: Briles

Dec 15, 2013, 11:50 AM

Other than him, the other HR type guys whose names are being tossed around will very likely turn them down over the next few days. Harbaugh has already taken his name out.

I doubt Dabo will be offered the job, but it's not far fetched to think he could get a hard look if Briles and a few others turn them down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO there's one real Home Run candidate for Texas: Briles

Dec 15, 2013, 12:24 PM

Briles would be an excellent choice for them. Not sure if he would leave Baylor

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like Gundy would have almost all the same

Dec 15, 2013, 12:35 PM

strengths for that job as Briles. And he may be more willing to move. He may feel like he's achieved most of what he wants at Ok State. Briles has JUST arrived at bringing Baylor out of a ditch of sorts.

Forgot about him. He'd be an A list guy, assuming

Dec 15, 2013, 12:38 PM

some of these names like Chip Kelly all fall by the wayside.

Not sure that is the case with Gundy.

Dec 15, 2013, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Seems like Gundy would have almost all the same ]

OK State could be a place he stays at for years if they continue to play well. He did play QB there so I would think he has a pretty big attachment to the school.

Might keep him from considering a lot of other jobs

Dec 15, 2013, 12:47 PM

but a Texas HC job would give him multiples of everything he's got now, not just money. No doubt he sees how much more effective his recruiting could be since he already competes head to head in a lot of cases.

Not saying it's a slam dunk. But whatever are the positives about Griles seem to be the same about Gundy, but Gundy may feel like he's already at his peak by comparison.

Agree with what you are saying

Dec 15, 2013, 12:52 PM

especially in regards to recruiting. Texas has so many prospects to choose from and they don't even have to leave the state. I agree also that Texas has more money that basically every other program but money isn't hurting OK State either. They have T. Boone Pickens just dumping money to OK state. All you need is one billionaire donor and they've got him.

Re: IMO there's one real Home Run candidate for Texas: Briles

Dec 15, 2013, 3:59 PM

I believe that he is all in with Baylor. Very loyal to Baylor at this moment. Probably hates Texas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic