Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
let's overtake UofSuck in Aerospace Engineering
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

let's overtake UofSuck in Aerospace Engineering

Aug 22, 2020, 1:27 PM

Most likely, Boeing will soon consolidate the 787 Dreamliner production in South Carolina. https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/boeings-787-choice-could-gut-washington-states-aircraft-industry/

Good opportunity for Clemson to align itself for future Aerospace business and jobs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: let's overtake UofSuck in Aerospace Engineering

Aug 22, 2020, 1:34 PM

Gulfstream Aerospace and our 13-14,000 employees headquartered in Savannah says hello.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2020, 1:58 PM

I thought they laid half the company off in Savannah.
Got out 2 Years before they gutted the place. Not the first time either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes -- there's been RIF's

Aug 22, 2020, 2:09 PM

Still the wheel will spin back around -- and together Boeing and Gulfstream would create a nice little pocket of Aerospace in the coastal region about 90 mins apart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes -- there's been RIF's

Aug 23, 2020, 3:35 PM

Seems like they could figure out how to sustain a workforce without over-inflating every time the market shifts. Nordam was a huge fail in the industry, but the biggest fail was partnering with Pratt. The decision making in the organization I worked for was suspect at best. Seen it too many times to wait and be affected by the results. Sad how they treat current employees...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gulf Stream in Savannah

Aug 22, 2020, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: let's overtake UofSuck in Aerospace Engineering ]

My brother continues to work there so not everyone has gone home. He's close to retirement after a long career in aviation.

I tend to agree that Clemson might do well to add a degree aimed at Aerospace. Surely there is some Textile related degree we can phase out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't offer Aerospace Engineering

Aug 22, 2020, 1:37 PM

not sure why not, it makes no sense. NCSU has a big Aerospace Engineering program and well as the coots.

Re: Clemson doesn't offer Aerospace Engineering

Aug 22, 2020, 1:49 PM

Ga Tech and Auburn also have very good aerospace programs. Maybe it would be over saturation.

Maybe we don't want to be referred to as Space Cadets?

Aug 22, 2020, 6:46 PM

I have worked with a few Coots who fit that description exactly, but not because they had an Aerospace Engineering degree, if you nose what I mean.

Aug 22, 2020, 1:41 PM

Balm was taking some online classes in something similar to this (I think). If not he was gonna be a doctor or lawyer or something. Either way he would be more than qualified to head up this operation. Plus he flies drones so that’s a plus.

Aug 22, 2020, 1:46 PM

Well, to be fair...most of his drone flying is done over FM's backyard trying to catch him/her sunbathing...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2020, 3:57 PM

Gross............. But true.

Future Coots designing airplane parts ?

Aug 22, 2020, 2:26 PM

I’ve never been scared to fly until now.

Their mechanical engineers are how you say... special

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure having wings makes you an aero engineering school***

Aug 23, 2020, 3:36 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There program never got off the ground!

Aug 23, 2020, 5:38 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic