Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
THE SEXODUS: Men giving up on women and checking out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 118
| visibility 1

THE SEXODUS: Men giving up on women and checking out

Dec 8, 2014, 10:55 AM

of Society

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/12/04/The-Sexodus-Part-1-The-Men-Giving-Up-On-Women-And-Checking-Out-Of-Society

Good read. This article is so true and hits close to home. In fact, it was so good of a read that I ended up reading the entire article (had the article read to me).

I agree with a lot of points in that article.

I think that more and more women need to read this and take a look at it in order to see how it feels on the opposite side of the spectrum- How WE feel and maybe then they will understand where the f we're coming from and why we act the way that we do on the Jounge and in real life and why we hate feminism and a majority (But not all) of women in general. If we didn't have all of those problems, this kind of "behavior" from us wouldn't exist and things would be better and fine overall. But unfortunately, that is not the case in this day and age...

"My generation of boys is f**ked," says Rupert, a young German video game enthusiast I've been getting to know over the past few months. "Marriage is dead. Divorce means you're screwed for life. Women have given up on monogamy, which makes them uninteresting to us for any serious relationship or raising a family. That's just the way it is. Even if we take the risk, chances are the kids won't be ours. In France, we even have to pay for the kids a wife has through adulterous affairs.

"In school, boys are screwed over time and again. Schools are engineered for women. In the US, they force-feed boys Ritalin like Skittles to shut them up. And while girls are favoured to fulfil quotas, men are slipping into distant second place.

"Nobody in my generation believes they're going to get a meaningful retirement. We have a third or a quarter of the wealth previous generations had, and everyone's fleeing to higher education to stave off unemployment and poverty because there are no jobs.

"All that wouldn't be so bad if we could at least dull the pain with girls. But we're treated like paedophiles and potential rapists just for showing interest. My generation are the beautiful ones," he sighs, referring to a 1960s experiment on mice that supposedly predicted a grim future for the human race.

After overpopulation ran out of control, the female mice in John Calhoun's "mouse universe" experiment stopped breeding, and the male mice withdrew from the company of others entirely, eating, sleeping, feeding and grooming themselves but doing little else. They had shiny coats, but empty lives.

"The parallels are astounding," says Rupert.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: THE SEXODUS: Men giving up on women and checking out***

Dec 8, 2014, 10:59 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#ACCFTS

Stopped reading at "video game enthusiast"***

Dec 8, 2014, 11:00 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

best quotes

Dec 8, 2014, 11:02 AM

"They've done a cost-benefit analysis and realised it is a bad deal. They know that if they invest in a marriage and children, a woman can take all of that away from them on a whim."

He goes on: "Almost all young men have attended mandatory sexual harassment and anti-rape seminars, and they know that they can be fired, expelled or arrested based more or less on the word of any woman. They know they are basically guilty until proven innocent in most situations."

Re: Remember my rant from Friday about the non divorced

Dec 8, 2014, 11:33 AM

co worker chick that feels entitled to everything her man has after they get a divorce.

Im starting to hate women even more and I thought that was unpossible at this point

One real lesson here....

Dec 8, 2014, 12:58 PM

POOSAY is EXPENSIVE!

Re: Not exactly***

Dec 8, 2014, 1:33 PM

well, you'll pay... one way or another.

Dec 8, 2014, 1:56 PM

Unless you don't count your time and frustration.

cash, upfront

Dec 8, 2014, 2:27 PM

is much cheaper

according to aero

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had an econ prof that said the same thing

Dec 8, 2014, 2:40 PM

I imagine now he'd be fired for saying that prostitution was cheaper than marriage.

Benjamin ?

Dec 8, 2014, 2:41 PM

I could see him saying that

I can't remember this dude's name.

Dec 8, 2014, 2:42 PM [ in reply to I had an econ prof that said the same thing ]

Mackenzie? For some reason that comes to mind but its been almost 30 years ago.

I do remember it was econ 201 in Brackett auditorium before they remodeled it.

The key is finding a girl who was raised on a farm

Dec 8, 2014, 11:05 AM

They still have some perspective and don't think everything is about them. They understand the need of roles in a relationship and don't expect you do bow down and cater to them at every turn.

My last two girlfriends just became unbearable. One was a spoiled, keeping up with the Jones's type who was willing to bankrupt her mother in order to be fashionable. The other was a feminist who didn't think it was her responsibility to do anything, ever. Both of those relationships ended in a fiery explosion.

Luckily, I got away...Butt I've had a few friends marry beeches like that, and it should be interesting to see those relationships crumble throughout the years. I'll never understand why some guys put up with so much ####.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got a point from me on that one.

Dec 8, 2014, 11:13 AM

Going on 26 years with my Indiana farm girl. Gotta appreciate a girl who's butchered just about every kind of farm or game animal there is and can handle any firearm no matter how large the caliber.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, and while they don't put up with much B.S.

Dec 8, 2014, 11:34 AM

They don't give you much to deal with either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as she isn't "horse people", I agree.***

Dec 8, 2014, 11:15 AM [ in reply to The key is finding a girl who was raised on a farm ]

A "horse farm" isn't a farm.***

Dec 8, 2014, 11:18 AM

#ACCFTS

^^^ his dad has a real farm

Dec 8, 2014, 2:46 PM

truthiness

Horse people is a totally different thing from farm people.

Dec 8, 2014, 11:19 AM [ in reply to As long as she isn't "horse people", I agree.*** ]

Horse people would carry their horses inside their purses to go shopping at the mall if they could.

I was in law school with one who flew

Dec 8, 2014, 11:20 AM [ in reply to As long as she isn't "horse people", I agree.*** ]

to Germany to pick out her horse over winter break during law school. She cried when the professor told her she'd never amount to anything.

to my knowledge, she never has - tears well shed apparently.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, that is a qualifier. Horse people are weird.***

Dec 8, 2014, 11:29 AM [ in reply to As long as she isn't "horse people", I agree.*** ]

the b!tch factor among upper middle class WASP women

Dec 8, 2014, 11:18 AM [ in reply to The key is finding a girl who was raised on a farm ]

is utterly revolting.

The childcare center we send our daughter to is fairly exclusive and I cant stand to be in same room as about 80% of the mothers. I don't know how those husbands put up with those women - guess they work long hours and drink alot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MILS

Dec 8, 2014, 11:20 AM

Mothers I'd Like to Slap.

You should try coaching youth sports sometime.

Dec 8, 2014, 11:21 AM [ in reply to the b!tch factor among upper middle class WASP women ]

It will make you a firm believer that society will crumble sooner than you think and that the doomsday preppers are probably on to something.

Preppers do not horde sports gear for a good reason.***

Dec 8, 2014, 11:22 AM

Actually, I always thought Joonyer's lacrosse helmet would

Dec 9, 2014, 8:23 AM

come in pretty handle in post-apocalyptic battle scenarios.

Better for ###### than pillaging.

Dec 9, 2014, 8:26 AM

#DukeLacrosse.

There has to be a balance between the two in a proper

Dec 9, 2014, 8:54 AM

post-apocalyptic society.

Just wait til you meet somebody from Lake Forest...***

Dec 8, 2014, 2:09 PM [ in reply to the b!tch factor among upper middle class WASP women ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should have beaten Lake Forest much worse than we did.***

Dec 9, 2014, 8:55 AM

Church and grocery stores...that's where you find the

Dec 8, 2014, 11:56 AM [ in reply to The key is finding a girl who was raised on a farm ]

good ones. Never have understood the concept of finding a mate at a bar. Sure, you can find ##### at a bar, but very few go to bars who are wife material.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spin class, farmer's market, a pumpkin patch, given the time

Dec 8, 2014, 12:08 PM

of year. Just somewhere social and non-threatening.

Gang bang?***

Dec 8, 2014, 12:12 PM

Maybe later.

Dec 8, 2014, 12:13 PM

Right now, I'm busy giving the posters in this thread the benefit of my vast wisdom.

FarmersOnly.comDickButt.gif

Dec 8, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to The key is finding a girl who was raised on a farm ]

nm

Indeed. 25 years ago mine was helping birth calves in

Dec 8, 2014, 5:46 PM [ in reply to The key is finding a girl who was raised on a farm ]

20 degree weather. A little of that puts life, and death too, in perspective. She expects me to be what I am supposed to be - man, does she ever expect it - but scores zero on the entitlement scale.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it is a coincidence

Dec 8, 2014, 11:10 AM

that things are geting worse and worse as we get away from the natural order of things...and the Biblical way that we were intended.

I'm not going to get all preachy, but the idea that the man is the loving provider and the wife the supportive counterbalance seems to work out much better than many would like to admit.

As many in society seek to find the "better" way...are marriages/relationships getting any better...any more fulfilling?

I see more and more misery...except in those friends who have marriages centered around this type of realtionship...

http://www.wikihow.com/Love-Your-Wife-According-to-the-Bible

Many days you still struggle...but you do it together and grow closer because of it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Jihad Johnny is on to something forcing women

Dec 8, 2014, 1:46 PM

to wear burqhas.

has nothing to do with his post***

Dec 8, 2014, 2:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Religion as a means to keep wimmen towing the line.***

Dec 8, 2014, 3:11 PM

JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON

Dec 8, 2014, 3:12 PM

ING BEING CORRECT ON THE CHICKEN. A WOMAN WHO FOLLOWS THE LORD KNOWS HOW TO COOK WHAT A MAN WANTS TO EAT.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I eat ##### raw***

Dec 8, 2014, 3:13 PM

I like to eat it after I'm done beating it up, that way I

Dec 8, 2014, 3:14 PM

know who I am eating after.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't read well eh...

Dec 8, 2014, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Religion as a means to keep wimmen towing the line.*** ]

If by towing the line you mean being willing to give my life (and by life I mean sacrificing daily for her good) and putting her first...then yep. She sure resents me loving her so unconditionally too. Most women hate that...amiright.

Keep'em meek and teachable, amirite?***

Dec 8, 2014, 3:18 PM

Not sure anyone who knows my wife would use either of

Dec 8, 2014, 3:20 PM

those words to describe her...but we could all probably be more meek and teachable for sure.

I will end this with

Dec 8, 2014, 3:24 PM

SPOT THE D@MN BALL!!!!

Re:Link

Dec 8, 2014, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Religion as a means to keep wimmen towing the line.*** ]

Here is the alternative...

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/12/04/The-Sexodus-Part-1-The-Men-Giving-Up-On-Women-And-Checking-Out-Of-Society

Ima gonna go to church starting this Sunday.***

Dec 8, 2014, 3:29 PM

Grooming themselves?

Dec 8, 2014, 11:10 AM

Never heard it called that before.

Manscaping.***

Dec 8, 2014, 11:27 AM

Re: Taint Trimming***

Dec 8, 2014, 11:30 AM

I don't know about you,

Dec 8, 2014, 3:45 PM

but my clippers have a strong musk to them...

Re: the mice with No Contact

Dec 8, 2014, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Grooming themselves? ]

good job 1960s mice, veterans

"men are slipping into distant second place"....true

Dec 8, 2014, 11:20 AM

it is a woman's world. I had this exact thought when I went into a couple of stores a few days ago.....it crossed my mind "how big would this store be if they took out all the stuff only women buy/need? " Maybe I could find what I was looking for......

Candles, greeting cards, 10,000 types of hair products, airfresheners and such, cutesy "home" knick-knacks and wall art, CURTAINS, every Christmas decoration ever made, jewelry......

I learned a while back to accept women for what they are

Dec 8, 2014, 1:38 PM

Not what I'd like them to be, or what society and popular media has told me that they should be.

When my wife doesn't something really strange that I just don't get, I just have to remember and realize that women are almost like another species to men; they have an entirely different set of goals and motivators that many times I just don't, and won't, understand.

I love my wife; I really do..but if for whatever reason I ever find my self single again--I'll never get married. Honestly, at this point in my life, I doubt seriously I'd even look for another woman.

I read about dudes getting divorced in here and the first thing they are doing is looking for another woman...and it bottles my mind. Look at what has caused you the most pain and misery recently, and you are running out to find another one that you think that can't happen with? Really? Get a hobby, get drunk, get a distraction..something. But why are you running back to get burned again??

Re: Until you're in that position don't ever say never

Dec 8, 2014, 1:46 PM

Its called a rebound. You find out you we're missing something and you try to fill that void. it takes some time but eventually you won't look for a woman. Then low and behold they come looking for you. And you, in your newly found life of being single like the attention. You finger bang her in the back of your car while you make out. The suddenly you're sleeping with her and she doesn't leave afterward. You wake up next to her one to many times and now you're in a situation ship. #### happens, and it will to you too one day.

Go Tigers

I'm not just talking out of my #### here

Dec 8, 2014, 1:49 PM

I have been there.

Learned from it.

Re: Wait you said if you got divorced you'd not do it again

Dec 8, 2014, 1:50 PM

and you've been there?

#facepalm
#diditagain
#jounge

Correct.

Dec 8, 2014, 1:51 PM

I won't do it again.

Re: So why does it bottle your mind if you understand

Dec 8, 2014, 1:54 PM

where they are coming from?

Clarity***

Dec 8, 2014, 1:55 PM

Re: You bottled your own mind then

Dec 8, 2014, 1:57 PM

You: Were you like dude you're an idiot for getting back into a relationship

You: No Im not man I know what Im doing

You: You're bottling my mind broseph

How many times do you keep putting your hand on a hot stove

Dec 8, 2014, 1:59 PM

before you figure it out?

Re: Ok so you see guys getting their hand burned for the 1st

Dec 8, 2014, 2:01 PM

time on a hot stove, as you did, and here you are married again and it bottles you're mind guys are getting into relationships

pot, kettle, hot stove etc

I just figured I am normally pretty stupid and

Dec 8, 2014, 2:03 PM

a slow learner.

But I do try to learn from others mistakes.

It's called

Dec 8, 2014, 2:06 PM [ in reply to I learned a while back to accept women for what they are ]

vjayjay?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

The addiction is worse than crack....

Dec 8, 2014, 3:19 PM

Wait, it IS crack.

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of the poor bassturds get burned a second time by

Dec 8, 2014, 2:16 PM [ in reply to I learned a while back to accept women for what they are ]

their daughters. Some of these weddings these days are ridiculous. A girl I grew up with got married recently, to the tune of I don't even want to know how many thousands of dollars, but it had to be upwards of $20k...Poor ole dad got stuck with the bill right after he just got ### raped by her mother in their divorce.

I also don't get these people who feel like they need to get married ASAP after college. I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of them won't make it for the long haul, student loan debt has got to put a strain on a marriage. Plus, in most cases neither of them have a clue where they'll be working before they get engaged.

I would've been happy getting married right out of school...

Dec 8, 2014, 2:21 PM

But I agree about the cost of weddings. I think part of it is that if you're not a member of a church, you end up just picking the most extravagant location you can find for the ceremony and reception rather than doing everything near your home.

I don't think it has anything to do with not being a member

Dec 8, 2014, 2:28 PM

of a church, and everything to do with people trying to keep up appearances. Gotta have a bigger, better wedding than the last girl. I firmly believe the more expensive the wedding is, the shorter the marriage will last.

Maybe, but...

Dec 8, 2014, 2:30 PM

somebody who actually has a connection with a church is probably going to be having their ceremony at the church, instead of at some place they're going to have to pay thousands for. Obviously lots of women have their dream weddings planned that are in competition with other women's dreams.

had a roommate in college who got married right after

Dec 8, 2014, 2:34 PM

after he and his wife graduated. They had been together for years. I think he said they spent 40K on their wedding...and this in 1994.

He was divorced about 18 months later. Both of them started cheating on each other.

PS: They got married in the church they had both gone to since middle school.

I don't think most people factor in the lifestyle change

Dec 8, 2014, 2:38 PM

after college. Yeah, it was fun when y'all got drunk on Tuesday nights and ###### until the sun came up....but now you've got to see her Every. ###. Day.

I never got the full story on what happened there

Dec 8, 2014, 2:44 PM

other than the cheating part. I guess that was enough.

And I know lots of people who got married out of college...

Dec 8, 2014, 3:00 PM [ in reply to had a roommate in college who got married right after ]

or even in college, who got married at their church and spent next to nothing on their receptions, who are still happily married. There's always a counter- example, of course.

And that's a sad story you told.

Cam, FYI the ceremony is the cheapest part of the wedding by

Dec 8, 2014, 3:15 PM

far. The $ is in the reception, dresses, cake, booze, food, decorations etc.

Unless you are marrying a church mouse who wants her reception in the fellowship hall, it's gonna co$t a lot for a 'wedding' regardless of where the ceremony is.

#ACCFTS

Booze is another thing I don't get...

Dec 8, 2014, 3:21 PM

Why do I want to pay for all of mine and her friends and family to get drunk?

YOU need the booze to make their presence bearable

Dec 8, 2014, 3:23 PM

you have to offer them some so you're not being rude.

I would be willing to pay for a keg and that's it...

Dec 8, 2014, 3:25 PM

My wedding would be BYOB though. I understand wanting/needing to drink at a wedding, but I ain't gonna pay for it.

Lakebum's wedding

Dec 8, 2014, 3:30 PM

JEW

I'd just be looking out for everyone else

Dec 8, 2014, 3:38 PM

Nobody can complain about the alcohol or food selection if I don't provide any to begin with. Bring your own then you only have yourself to be mad at if you don't like it.

Re: I'd hate myself if I had brought Keystone Light***

Dec 8, 2014, 3:41 PM

Why, because you found there was a whole keg full of it?***

Dec 8, 2014, 3:45 PM

Re: I wouldn't feel so bad if my taste buds were burnt off

Dec 8, 2014, 3:46 PM

by death chili so maybe I'll bring death chili and keystone light

I don't know. I was thankful my MIL was a teetotaler, so

Dec 8, 2014, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Booze is another thing I don't get... ]

we compromised by only having champagne for the toast - much cheaper than an open bar.

Also, don't feed your guests a meal unless you can actually poop currency.

#ACCFTS

Every wedding I've been to where a meal was served turned

Dec 8, 2014, 3:28 PM

out to be a total clusterphuck...Having to wait in a long line, not enough tables for people, flies on everything cuz outside wedding in July....Just never seems to work out like they plan.

I would never do an open bar for my friends, I would end up bankrupt. I've seen several of them, myself included, put down close to two cases of beer and still be going strong.

Exactly. Have a nice ceremony, east some cake and take pics,

Dec 8, 2014, 3:43 PM

find a bar. Worked great for us.

#ACCFTS

I've yet to go to one without a meal***

Dec 8, 2014, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Every wedding I've been to where a meal was served turned ]

Figure those weddings cost $250 + per guest.***

Dec 8, 2014, 4:27 PM

#ACCFTS

I realize that...

Dec 8, 2014, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Cam, FYI the ceremony is the cheapest part of the wedding by ]

but some of the really expensive weddings are destination weddings, and you're not going to do that when you're getting married in your home church.

Destination weddings are a whole different level of stupid.

Dec 8, 2014, 4:23 PM

But not related to having a church or not.

#ACCFTS

i don't think so.

Dec 8, 2014, 6:37 PM

I tried talking my wife into doing that. We were going to Jamaica for the honeymoon anyway, why not have the ceremony there? Save on the reception, church, and everything else. I had no intention of buying anyone's ticket there, but if they wanted to show up, they knew where we would be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, that makes sense. You should get married wherever you

Dec 8, 2014, 10:15 PM

want. It's crazy to expect anyone else to attend, though (unless you are paying for everyone).

#ACCFTS

They say the divorce rate is decreasing

Dec 8, 2014, 2:23 PM [ in reply to A lot of the poor bassturds get burned a second time by ]

but it seems it be darn near impossible to have a marriage right out of college last.

I don't understand how that would work.

Re: I got married before I finished college and it lasted

Dec 8, 2014, 2:25 PM

14 yrs

Do you consider it a success?

Dec 8, 2014, 2:31 PM

I guess thats what really matters.

Re: I came out the other end unscathed

Dec 8, 2014, 3:26 PM

I have two great kids
I get child support from her
I get my kids a week at a time every other week
I get to bone whoever I want
I don't pay child support
I don't pay alimony
The divorce process cost me $2k
My credit score is the highest its ever been
I paid off all of my debt after the divorce

Soooo Im good with it

Maybe I'm reading your answer wrong

Dec 8, 2014, 3:50 PM

Or maybe you mean it to be this way, but you didn't really answer my question.

Do you consider all that a success? If so, thats great, but it seems in contrast to your opinion the other day of "entitled" women.

Re: I feel successful as I went full circle and survived***

Dec 8, 2014, 4:42 PM

Similarly...

Dec 8, 2014, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I got married before I finished college and it lasted ]

I stayed in college for 14 years and then got married.

Re: Clowney should have taken notes

Dec 8, 2014, 3:30 PM

but he can't write so understandable

College educated people actually rarely get divorced

Dec 8, 2014, 2:28 PM [ in reply to They say the divorce rate is decreasing ]

It's usually less educated people and people that are less well off who are most likely to get divorced. Not surprisingly, those are the people most likely to get married early.

I guess what I find interesting is that the divorce rate was very low before the 70s when people were getting married much earlier than they are now. My guess is that as women had more potential for independence, they also had far more incentives to leave marriages they didn't like. But I guess that sort of backs up the notion from the OP that the general trend has been towards more liberation for women and more of the shouldering of the burden of women's liberation for men.

I think we may see that change in the coming years though

Dec 8, 2014, 2:35 PM

Getting married just seems like a trendy thing to do for some educated people IMO. Or, and this is not uncommon, a girl thinks she's found a rich guy and basically forces marriage on him....And when he doesn't deliver the moon, guess what happens? This is a scenario that I don't think you typically see with people of lesser means. From my observations, that type of situation comes about from a rich girl who is looking to continue her lifestyle.

Two things can change this real fast

Dec 8, 2014, 2:40 PM

a huge decline in marriages, leaving less women with divorce rape as an alternative or legalizing prostitution

for real

I'm not sure I'd get married without a pre-nup agreement

No way I lose my sprawling compound because of some unforeseen event in which I wake up and half of my #### is gone.

Kinda like non-compete agreements, I don't think those are

Dec 8, 2014, 2:49 PM

foolproof. Best outcomes i've seen is when both have realized that its better to just move on, and try and be amicable about teh split. I know thats pretty hard though.

I'm thinking I'll do a "documentation of finances"

Dec 8, 2014, 3:28 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure I'd get married without a pre-nup agreement ]

Basically get credit reports, records of all assets, bank accounts and debts.

That with a notorized affadavit from both parties stating that they'd like to leave the marriage in similar financial position.

Junge Lawyers, plz be to telling me why this is a bad idea.

And when your fiance/girlfriend scoffs at the idea, you

Dec 8, 2014, 3:36 PM

can get all pouty and ask "Do you not love me?!?"....Their reaction will prove to you whether or not you should go through with the marriage.

Best description of a woman I have seen is this

Dec 8, 2014, 2:37 PM [ in reply to I learned a while back to accept women for what they are ]

a woman is the most responsible teenager in the house

and all women are like that

OSF - go ahead and light me up, don't care

Lol....I used to consider my wife the responsible one....

Dec 8, 2014, 2:59 PM

when we were dating. She never forgets a meal. Never forgets any child-related event, and there are HUNDREDS of them. She never forgets to cook for neighbors, friends, relatives, or whoever she wants to destroy the kitchen for. She never forgets ANYTHING you ever forget. She never forgets to remind me to do the dishes after she wrecks the place. She never forgets to remind the kids to clean their rooms. She never forgets a hair appointment. She never forgets a sale either. And she never forgets anything that may possibly be needed when traveling with children.

Here's what she does forget...

To send off for the birth certificate after our children are born. She forgets any and all things related to the proper and safe operation of her car (that includes gas at times). She forgets bills. She forgets taxes. She forgets to get a copy of our marriage license. She forgets to pack her medicine, tooth brush, underwear, etc. because she's too busy worrying about remembering our son's tooth brush timer when we go on trips. She forgets doctors appointments all the time. She forgets to deposit checks into the bank account.

So in summary, she is super, hyper, mega responsible if it is something that is NOT important. If it's important, she will forget it. And the more important it is, the more likely she is to forget it. If she says she is going to do something that's important, I go ahead and do it, or remind her later and I still end up doing it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: kids are super important bro

Dec 8, 2014, 3:01 PM

just don't let her be responsible for life outside of the home (note I said home not house)

No one can stay married if they think they can ever

Dec 8, 2014, 2:44 PM [ in reply to I learned a while back to accept women for what they are ]

"understand" women. When you give up on that goal and realize it's impossible, you will find marital bliss. But the harder you try and understand them, the more miserable you will be, and the less happy THEY will be. Counter-intuitive, I know, but so are women many times. Just go with it.

Wut?

"Women have given up on monogamy, which makes them uninteresting to us for any serious relationship or raising a family. That's just the way it is. Even if we take the risk, chances are the kids won't be ours."

Are there guys that actually believe that nonsense? Even as a generalization it's nonsense. Reads like an Onion article.

Re: sloots gonna sloot***

Dec 8, 2014, 3:28 PM

Women suck ####***

Dec 8, 2014, 7:28 PM

Not after you marry them.***

Dec 8, 2014, 7:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mine did and now we're divorced***

Dec 9, 2014, 7:23 AM

On August 18, 2020 when it's finally been a hundred years

Dec 9, 2014, 9:05 AM

since women gained the right to vote and run for office, I'm going to drink myself to death and finally return to mother Earth.

Then, I will immediately begin fertilizing the Earth with the poisonous seed that will grow the most poisonous plant ever, finally ridding the Solar system of this pandemic planet.

ywia

bi*ch

Replies: 118
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic