Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why Doesn't Isaiah Simmons Get More Respect?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,523

Why Doesn't Isaiah Simmons Get More Respect?

Dec 2, 2019, 11:49 AM

Why? He is called the best player in America by some, but I don't see many accolades. Can anyone enlighten me? Is there a reason?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll get all the respect he needs when the NFL draft

Dec 2, 2019, 11:52 AM

rolls around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Yep the guy is the total package on defense***

Dec 2, 2019, 12:00 PM

What more do you want?

Dec 2, 2019, 11:53 AM

He's going to be a top 10 pick....a unanimous 1st team all-american, unanimous 1st team all-acc, and ACC DPOY. He is a finalist for the Nagurski, Bednarik and Butkus awards...

Re: What more do you want?

Dec 2, 2019, 11:56 AM

I'd like to see more accolades from US.

Huh???***

Dec 2, 2019, 12:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Why Doesn't Isaiah Simmons Get More Respect?

Dec 2, 2019, 11:55 AM

He didn't really turn the corner until this year, but he's on the finalist list for the Bednarik, he's been heavily praised by every announcer that has called our games, and he's near the top of almost every draft board. I mean, I'm not sure what else you want.

Not sure I see your point.

Dec 2, 2019, 11:55 AM

I feel as if he is thought of very highly and is getting plenty of recognition, but I could be wrong. I think it is a pretty widely held opinion that he is the best college defensive player not named Chase Young. He is a finalist for about every award he could be nominated for and he is projected by most to be a top 10 pick (and just wait until his combine performance).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure I see your point.

Dec 2, 2019, 11:58 AM

Thanks, a thoughtful answer.

He's the go to guy on our defense now. It's a BV thing

Dec 2, 2019, 12:01 PM

to have that one guy who he uses at multiple positions to screw up every opponent's offense. It used to be Ben Bouleware. What he does is freakish with the number of positions he can rotate into and out of. But at the end of the day, he will never dominate any one position. That hurts him in the draft, but that makes our defense awesome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh?

Dec 2, 2019, 12:04 PM

Re: He's the go to guy on our defense now. It's a BV thing

Dec 2, 2019, 12:04 PM [ in reply to He's the go to guy on our defense now. It's a BV thing ]

When you see Simmons shut down the UVA quarterback Saturday you’ll see what a big time defender he really is.

I'm not saying Simmons isn't good. He's better than

Dec 2, 2019, 12:40 PM

Boulware was. But he's being used the same way, and without dominating any one position, it might hurt more than help in the draft. He could own several positions. But playing three + he owns none. Just means he will be drafted as an athlete, and will no doubt go high, but it is what it is.

And this is why he flies under all the radars, except those of opposing offenses. Man is a beast. So was Boulware. But Simmons is better. Still, he won't pop up on any major radars because his numbers are all over the place. Boulware was our leading tackler on a national championship team, and wasn't drafted, or didn't make a team anyway. Simmons will. But he will not get the respect he deserves in the NFL draft IMO just from how we use him, same as Boulware didn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not saying Simmons isn't good. He's better than

Dec 2, 2019, 5:16 PM

I don’t think it’s fair to compare Simmons with Boulware. Number 11 is considerably better than Boulware especially in the pass defense game. Boulware was not an asset when the opponent chose to attack the defense in the middle of the field. Simmons may easily be a top twenty pick$.

mY Question is why doesn't all of our players get more

Dec 2, 2019, 1:15 PM

respect? You gonna tell me Etienne isn't a top 3 Runningback? Or Higgins isn't in the top 3 for WR's or Trevor isn't top 3 for the Obrien??

There is definitely a sentiment across media america that the ACC is not worthy of accolades. And that was one of the main purposes of Dabo's rant (if you wanna call it that) yesterday or the day before yesterday.

He wants his guys to be recognized for how good they are and those awards should be littered with Clemson players. The fact they didn't get much of a sniff is unacceptable. And this is Dabo's way of calling them out. Somebody's gotta do it.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,523
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic