Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nuk..Good Read
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,217

Nuk..Good Read

Nov 27, 2017, 2:25 PM

http://www.espn.com/blog/houston-texans/post/_/id/21362/best-could-be-yet-to-come-for-qbs-best-friend-deandre-hopkins

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure I care

Nov 27, 2017, 2:40 PM

After finding out that we were basically stealing from him during his time at Clemson. Cannot believe he had it so rough. I can't imagine what it's like to have free education, room, board, food, clothes or local celebrity status. Not to mention, 85,000 chanting your name on a weekly basis. Glad he made it out of that toxic environment.

Re: Not sure I care

Nov 27, 2017, 2:42 PM

I feel the same way. Dude really needs a reality check

Sad to say he has been a punk since the day he left Clemson.***

Nov 27, 2017, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Not sure I care ]

Re: Sad to say he has been a punk since the day he left Clemson.***

Nov 27, 2017, 3:00 PM

I like Hopkins and always will but he needs to realize that Clemson U. Helped him amass tens of millions of dollars. He doesn't even acknowledge that he played for the Tigers.
Wonder if he belongs to iptay? That scholarship came at a price. I haven't read of any work he has done outside of football for less fortunate.

Re: Sad to say he has been a punk since the day he left Clemson.***

Nov 27, 2017, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Sad to say he has been a punk since the day he left Clemson.*** ]

I like Hopkins and always will but he needs to realize that Clemson U. Helped him amass tens of millions of dollars. He doesn't even acknowledge that he played for the Tigers.
Wonder if he belongs to iptay? That scholarship came at a price. I haven't read of any work he has done outside of football for less fortunate.

Nov 27, 2017, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Not sure I care ]

Really? Do you think we recruit guys for what we can offer them? At a minimum it's a 2-way street. We use them as much as they use us. That's why we don't recruit 2 stars...

Nuk is a great Tiger and I'll always be appreciative of what he did for us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2017, 3:25 PM

Can you explain how your response has anything to do with what I said? Comparing Clemson to a Ponzi scheme and complaining about how poorly you were treated just sounds idiotic from someone like Nuk. It tells me that he doesn't know what a Ponzi scheme is. It's also revisionist history, because it's not like he was this all-world receiver coming out of high school. Sure, his hard work and grit helped get him to where he is today, but so did the college experience and the coaching he received. No one is looking for Nuk to espouse praise on Clemson, but it was certainly out of left field for him to throw the unprompted criticism out there.

Truly hilarious to see someone in Nuk's position play the victim game.

Great read. I have a lot of respect for him.

Nov 27, 2017, 2:46 PM

Could he have worded his criticisms about his and others college experience? Sure. But the guy is a baller and was a tremendous student athlete during his time at Clemson.

And if we wants to walk oit of practice because he is offended by an owners statement, fine with me. It doesnt impact mr one way or the other.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great read. I have a lot of respect for him.

Nov 27, 2017, 2:48 PM

He's a 'throwback pro'...and I'm fine with him having the courage to take a stand. If you don't talk, others can't listen, and disagreements can't be resolved.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great read. I have a lot of respect for him.

Nov 27, 2017, 7:56 PM

Agree. He has the balls to speak his mind.

I think he compared COLLEGE to a ponzi scheme; he didn't single out Clemson. There are a lot of reasonable people who share similar opinions.

I suspect I wouldn't agree with him on a lot of things, but I am still glad he is his own man with his own opinions. Frankly, I'd like to have a beer with him and chat about those things, assuming he doesn't get personal as do some on this site.

Nuk went to Daniel HS***

Nov 27, 2017, 7:30 PM

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,217
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic