Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Being Unfair to Brownell...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Being Unfair to Brownell...

Mar 13, 2019, 3:58 PM

To blame him for the close losses is incorrect, I love Clemson but the FB team could have EASILY lost some very close games in past three years that would change us from being 2 time national champs to just couple of good seasons. That's a fact, remember well my friends...
The missed chip shot FG against State
The Syracuse game this year that a Syracuse OL was down field on a pass

Better think before you start pointing fingers at a coach

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please dont try to compare Brown-L with our National Champion football team

Mar 13, 2019, 4:01 PM

Brad doesn't deserve to be a waterboy on Dabos staff

I think that's the point exactly, a good team

Mar 13, 2019, 4:03 PM

with good leadership, on and off the court (or field) find a way to win close games. Brad's teams do not do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We found a way for Cuse and State to blow those games? The

Mar 13, 2019, 4:41 PM

defensive playcall that led to the OL being downfield was a thing of beauty huh? And I hope we promoted the the coach who called for the missed FG formation

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We found a way for Cuse and State to blow those games? The

Mar 13, 2019, 5:29 PM

You could take a few plays out of pretty much any game and argue that it would've changed the outcome. The Syracuse game still required our offense to put together a winning drive and for our defense to hold afterwards, and we did it. In the NC State game our offense still had to score in overtime to win, and our defense still had to make a stop, and they did what they had to do. Winners can be lucky from time to time, but a real champion has to be ready to take advantage of those lucky moments.

Uh

Mar 13, 2019, 4:04 PM

Even if the football team would’ve lost a couple of games over the last couple of years it’s not a continuous pattern. Bowden had a pattern and that’s why he’s not here. He had ten years to break the pattern and he didn’t.

The bottom line is that great programs know how to continuously win close games. The football team does it every year. It’s like Dabo said, “They know how to win.” It’s pretty obvious right now that the basketball team doesn’t. I don’t expect them to reach the same heights as the football program but we can do better.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being Unfair to Brownell...

Mar 13, 2019, 4:07 PM

You are comparing apples to oranges. You are seriously comparing the 2? Lets see 2 Nattys in 3 yrs for Dabo/boys and one sweet sixteen over 9 years for Brad? Perhaps you should think before posting this ludicrous post! It is what it is. Brad is accountable no matter what. That's business!

Are we allowed to blame...

Mar 13, 2019, 4:15 PM

him for blowing a 16 pt second half lead with the season on the line? You are right that it takes some lucky bounces of the ball along the way, but its the large body of work. Its 9 years of this stuff. Heck, Brownell nearly effed up his first season here. Had a veteran team tourney experienced team and we were very, very fortunate to have made the NCAAT that year. You play alot of close games over the course of the seasons and most of the time the wins come down to the coaching and experience of the team. We have as veteran a team this year as you can get and everything went against us in close games.

its the culmination of everything.

Quit making excuses for him - his poor performance..........

Mar 13, 2019, 4:32 PM

as the HC has nothing to do with what our football program does or doesn't do.

He's the one in charge - the buck stops with him.

He isn't getting it done - it's as simple as that. No excuses as he's had plenty of time.

What was his game plan. Just tell me that

Mar 13, 2019, 4:37 PM

What?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But we DIDN'T, which IS the point.

Mar 13, 2019, 4:39 PM

Of course TB did, which IS the point.

Mar 13, 2019, 5:25 PM

Don't close games tell more about the coaching of a team than any other outcome? There's not a lot of in game coaching to do in a blowout, at least not late. In a close game the way you manage your rotations, timeouts, and play calling can all make the difference in a win or loss.

Sure, sometimes you catch a bit of good luck(other team has a player throw the ball away for a turnover in basketball or a kicker misses a FG in football) or bad luck(foul goes against you in either sport or a player misses free throws in basketball, or your kicker misses a kick in football.)

However, if you're consistently coming up short in these types of games then it says a lot about the way you're coaching in these situations as well as the way your coaching your players up to be ready for those moments. I'd venture to guess that Dabo has one of the best records in the country when it comes to games decided by 10 points or less. Some of those could be nitpicked as being about luck, but his consistent success in those situations shows that he has his players ready to handle the moment.

Not only do I blame the close losses on him

Mar 13, 2019, 5:28 PM

I blame the poor officiating on him too. He has absolutely no backbone. All the bad calls against this team and you never see him in the face of the officials. Why would any player want to play for a coach that doesn’t stand up for his team.

Mar 13, 2019, 5:33 PM

Sorry but it was not close. He blew a 20 point lead. Check and see how many times his team's have done that. You might be surprised. Remember the 30 poi t lead he blew in the NIT?

I like Brownell a lot. Always have. However...

Mar 13, 2019, 5:47 PM

At what point will he be held responsible for all of the failures? It seems like never.

I just can’t stand the constant excuses. At some point you have to overcome challenges.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 5:51 PM

The difference between losing and winning close games is coaching. HTH

GTFO of here with posts like these.

Mar 13, 2019, 5:56 PM

We blew a 16 point first half lead. We showed NO passion, NO heart, NO leadership, and NO GUTS - much like we did all season long.

I keep refreshing tigernet to see BB fired announcement

Mar 13, 2019, 6:08 PM

A couple games is one thing. Being 1-14 in the last 15 one possession games is another. Get real dude. If Dabo was 1-14 in his last 15 games decided by a TD or less our fans wouldn't be too happy.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic