Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If most were to go back to work, but wear masks & maintain
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

If most were to go back to work, but wear masks & maintain

Apr 16, 2020, 1:16 PM

social distancing, maybe still not allow sit down dining...would the curve continue to flatten, without totally killing the economy, as we are doing now??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The curve is already flat. At least here in SC.

Apr 16, 2020, 1:45 PM

There was never any hump to flatten. SC and most states, excluding NY/NJ are not seeing the major impact everyone had predicted. They said it would peak in mid-April. It didn't, so now they're saying May. It won't then either. It won't peak because there's nothing TO peak. In SC, our hospitals are only at about 55% capacity. They're shutting down the designated COVID-19 units because there's no one, or next to no one, there. It's just not materializing as everyone predicted, so rather than admitting their error, they keep pushing out the "peak" date, which continues to keep all of us out of work.

I've been at work all along. Around 50-60 of us in one building. We share the same single entry door, two restrooms, and hallways. No one has gotten sick. This is the largest overreaction in US history and it's costing us - nationally and in the state - millions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only "US history", but also Europe.

Apr 16, 2020, 2:01 PM

Here in Switzerland, there's also talk of backing off of things. And the Swiss are known for "you-mind-your-business and I'll-mind-mine". I was really surprised that they did social distancing. But, the WORLD FAMOUS World Health Organization (WHO) is HQ'ed in Geneva, so there's that...and that's a whole different story.

One thing I do know, if all these countries were so set on saving lives, why is there abortion? I know abortion is not contagious, but a life is a life. But that's not the "hot story" of the day.

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Not only "US history", but also Europe.

Apr 16, 2020, 2:21 PM

some people just should not have kids because they can’t take care of them which leaves the government taking care of them. Harsh reality but true

Re: Not only "US history", but also Europe.

Apr 16, 2020, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Not only "US history", but also Europe. ]

some people just should not have kids because they can’t take care of them which leaves the government taking care of them. Harsh reality but true

Re: The curve is already flat. At least here in SC.

Apr 16, 2020, 2:17 PM [ in reply to The curve is already flat. At least here in SC. ]

I think you need to add a million 0’s to that millions

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The curve is already flat. At least here in SC.

Apr 16, 2020, 2:17 PM [ in reply to The curve is already flat. At least here in SC. ]

I think you need to add a million 0’s to that millions

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If most were to go back to work, but wear masks & maintain

Apr 16, 2020, 2:04 PM

Yes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If most were to go back to work, but wear masks & maintain

Apr 16, 2020, 2:14 PM

Mask really do not do much.... some yes, but it is trivial without other methods.

It isn't that Covid-19 is high % morality rate like MERS/SARS, but rather in its ability to spread unbelievably quickly without other signs of folks being contagious. As a result, the biggest issue is not just the illness but rather the overwhelming of the health care network. Italy was the prime example case. You have 5000 severe cases and only 100 beds and 1/2 of the medical staff available.

Greenville County has 140ish ICU beds and a population of 500,000. If only 10% of the population becomes infected at peak, that is 50,000 infections. Assume that the "severe" cases are about 10%, that is 5,000 individuals. Just taking 1.5% morality rate would lead to 750 cases... and we have 140 ICU beds.

My parents are very concerned about this. My mother just had surgery and my father is undergoing lung cancer treatment. They would be the most high risk and my kids, if the schools/daycares were not shut down would be unknown carriers for days if infected. Go ahead and tell a 5 & 3 year old to always wear a mask.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic