Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson vs. Georgia is next month, can the Tigers find a way to win?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson vs. Georgia is next month, can the Tigers find a way to win?

Jul 14, 2014, 8:14 AM

Clemson vs. Georgia is next month, can the Tigers find a way to win?

The Clemson matchup against Georgia is next month in Athens, and the Bulldogs are already listed as a favorite in Las Vegas. With just a few weeks remaining before the start of fall camp, TigerNet takes a look at Georgia and a few of the matchups that might play a part in the outcome. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson vs. Georgia is next month, can the Tigers find a way to win?

Jul 14, 2014, 8:34 AM

I really think this will be a great, hard fought game, but I like Clemson, especially with the points, and I will not be at all surprised if we don't whip ugay outright. As a matter of fact, I will be surprised if we don't. We match up very nicely against them. I have been surprised before, though. That's why they play the games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson vs. Georgia is next month, can the Tigers find a way to win?

Jul 14, 2014, 8:54 AM

I was thinking that we played the games to prove the SEC homers right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2014, 3:56 PM

They presume they will win all games due to the few (very few) teams in their league that are very good. Most bring not much to the table, but they just don't understand their lack of contribution to the reputation propagated about their conference by their network.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: can Ga find a way to keep players out of legal trouble

Jul 14, 2014, 8:38 AM

and on the field would seem to be the key topic

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

any early prediction we may or may not hold you to?

Jul 14, 2014, 8:43 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: any early prediction we may or may not hold you to?

Jul 14, 2014, 9:02 AM

I'm not sure I want to make predictions this year... they tend to get me in trouble!! :)

and you're still going to marry him? smh...

Jul 14, 2014, 9:04 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only Grantham, but UGA replaced all three

Jul 14, 2014, 8:50 AM

defensive position coaches. Expect Pruitt, and most everybody else, to stack the box, stop the run, and make Stoudt make some quick decisions on passing plays. If the OL can handle their DL and not let their LBs run wild, I think we'll be pretty successful.

Re: Not only Grantham, but UGA replaced all three

Jul 14, 2014, 9:21 AM

Does Pruitt really have another choice? Pruitt's going to bring the heat early and often. Clemson's success will also depend on their oline. With Swann and Mauger/Moore returning we're only replacing a CB and a S.

Mirror images in a lot of ways

Jul 14, 2014, 9:28 AM

Experienced front 7, new faces in secondary. Sr. QBs who are career backups. Both with some questions on OL.

GA advantages offensive skill, especially RB, and at home.

Clemson advantages, UGA coach is Mark Richt and our front seven.

Questions for Superdawg.....

Jul 14, 2014, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Not only Grantham, but UGA replaced all three ]

What happened to former secondary coach Scott Lakatos? He didn't seem to be forced out given Richt's comments.

What is the consensus opinion of Bobo?

Re: Questions for Superdawg.....

Jul 14, 2014, 12:02 PM

I think Lakatos stepped down because of personal reasons....

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/georgias-secondary-coach-scott-lakatos-resigns-for/nchwJ/

Most dawg fans are fine with Bobo.....our offense has never been better statistically speaking. If we had just good defenses these last 5 years.... the Grantham experiment didn't work out.

I can't wait to watch our Tigers win this game.***

Jul 14, 2014, 9:05 AM

Spot the ??!***

Jul 14, 2014, 9:20 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cu won't beat FSU unless they can beat UGA......

Jul 14, 2014, 12:04 PM [ in reply to I can't wait to watch our Tigers win this game.*** ]

that's for sure.

Re: Cu won't beat FSU unless they can beat UGA......

Jul 14, 2014, 12:58 PM

different days... different games.... FSU does not have Gurley and Marshall! FSU has not been able to consistently run block in my memory...
We could beat UGa and FSU and still lose 3 or more games. USC, UNC, Louisville or GaT.... We could lose to UGa and win the rest... lace-em-up and kick the ball and we will find out....

Ditto***

Jul 14, 2014, 1:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cu won't beat FSU unless they can beat UGA......

Jul 17, 2014, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Cu won't beat FSU unless they can beat UGA...... ]

What he said!

Find a way to win? We'd have to find a way to lose!***

Jul 14, 2014, 9:41 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Xactly... Vegas having a dyslexia moment...***

Jul 14, 2014, 9:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You took the words right out of mouth.

Jul 14, 2014, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Find a way to win? We'd have to find a way to lose!*** ]

Unfortunately, we found a way to lose last year. Hope they've learned their lesson.

Re: Find a way to win? We'd have to find a way to lose!***

Jul 14, 2014, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Find a way to win? We'd have to find a way to lose!*** ]

Folks may think you're joking, I don't. I feel the same way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2014, 10:18 AM

All of you need to listen up. Pruitt has had our number for a couple of years now. Realistically, think about it. When he was at FSU, he had better talent but is a great signal caller regardless. If Cole can manage the pressure, we will be in good shape. If not, UGA will have to control the clock to win. I love this matchup, our D will be a force in every aspect as we will get to Mason and will be able to lock down the recievers if we get pressure. Cant wait guys, see you in Athens!

We've only played against Pruitt once, just FYI

Jul 14, 2014, 1:51 PM

He had our number, or in particular Tahj's, once. He was the DC at FSU for one year. Prior to that he coached DB's at 'Bama.

Stoudt filled in admirably as well big guy***

Jul 14, 2014, 11:43 AM

Of course Clemson doesn't stand a chance. UGA plays in the

Jul 14, 2014, 2:59 PM

SEC.

We've all heard this before.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Jul 14, 2014, 3:43 PM

Clemson will beat Georgia by 10 points. Clemson is not the same program it was under Bowden, West, and Hatfield!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been calling Clemson by 8 but 10 would obviously do...***

Jul 14, 2014, 7:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have tickets ...

Jul 14, 2014, 8:21 PM

First time ever in Athens. I'm excited. I was at opening day last year with my UGA buddy. He had a long ride home. We're going together this year too. I hope his ride home is long again.

Make him drive and you pay the gas... You'll come out ahead.***

Jul 15, 2014, 12:31 AM

Great match-up, toss-up game

Jul 14, 2014, 5:47 PM

This is what Openers are all about. This is college football at it's finest. I don't know who will win this game but in reality, it is not a make or break it game. We could have a VERY good football team and be 1-2 when we face UNC.

So, as big as this game is, I'm more eager to see how truly deep and developed we are as a program. The best reload and don't have huge swings but we are just starting to tap into our outstanding recruiting so it may be a little more of a dip than I hope. I think we are positioning to be a steady, strong and capable team for many years.

Can't make this game but have my tix for Tally on the 20th. Man, I would love to be 3-0 when the Tarholes roll into Death Valley.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has experience at the offensive skill positions"

Jul 15, 2014, 8:21 AM

Direct quote from this piece that I'd have to argue with. The majority of our skill guys experience has been mop up duty, including our QB. Thankfully we've got a bevy of talent to throw out there, but much of them aren't all that experienced.

Re: "Clemson has experience at the offensive skill positions"

Jul 15, 2014, 8:48 AM

Not true. Davidson, Howard, Brooks, Williams, Peake, Humphries, Cooper, Seckinger have all seen reps in games with the 1st string while games were still on the line. They aren't all 3 year starters but they have infinitely more college experience than incoming Freshmen.

Jul 15, 2014, 10:06 AM

Lace the shoes up, get the kicker ready and buckle up ! I believe this is gonna be a hold onto your hat fast paced game just like last year. Both teams have a lot of returning players. Ga. has new D coaches that may give us a slight advantage. I believe our D will keep us close and it's up to Cole to win it.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic