Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Leggett
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Leggett

Jun 1, 2015, 12:28 AM

JL is becoming a joke, known for his excellent assistant hiring and not much else. The last 4 seasons have not been up to Clemson standards. Unfortunately D Rad has to make a move.
I don't understand the extreme loyalty deal with some fans. If Nick Saban with all his Championship Trophies had four 6-6, 7-6 seasons in a row he would be let go. Even the best have to prove their the best often enough for a fan base not to get tired of them.

I respect coach Leggett and wish him the best, unfortunately it's time to go in a new direction, but I must ad, that if we can't get a top notch guy like Sullivan, or Corbin then I don't know what the answer is, but something has to be done or we just become less relevant.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not just Sully or Corbin

Jun 1, 2015, 7:45 AM

There are plenty of candidates besides Corbin and Sully.

Monte Lee of C of C, Terry Rooney or UCF. Even the coach of TCU... all would be huge upgrades.

If we can't land them, the coach of WVU is a Clemson graduate. Jim Toman of Liberty would be a solid hire. There's plenty we can do. STS will have breakdowns of all the main candidates if Jack gets fired or retires.

Re: Not just Sully or Corbin

Jun 1, 2015, 9:24 AM

agree!! lots of TOP candidates that will be huge up-grade from what we have now!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Leggett

Jun 1, 2015, 10:21 AM

I wish the Sully or Corbin talk would go away, neither of them will end up in Clemson. They have everything thing they could want where they are. You don't leave a consistent national power to come to a school that is on the cusp of being great again. Clemson is still a year away from just catching up with the facilities Flordia and Vanderbilt have. Plus any amount of money we offer can be matched by them, easily.

Neither of them have any connection to here other than being an assistant coach and why would you come back to a place that pushed a HOF coach (the one who helped them into the role they are in now) out the door.

IF Leggett goes we are going to have to pull someone from a lower program. Not from a SEC powerhouse.

Jun 1, 2015, 10:26 AM

He will be back next year to finish out his contract and to have a farewell tour.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 1, 2015, 10:37 AM

No current ACC coach has a baseball title. None have been to 28 of 29 postseason tournaments. If SC didn't have the two trophies, would we be calling for his head? Lots on fan bases would trade places with Clemson in a second. I hope Leggett stays, he has earned being able to leave on his own terms. Good class coming in and improved facilities will help too. Go Tigers!

pretty sure Jim Morris has 2 National Championships

Jun 1, 2015, 1:22 PM

won at Miami.

won before they entered the ACC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to save money I bet they just hire from within

Jun 1, 2015, 12:13 PM

Bradley Lecroy.........

Oh the message board fodder that will ensue....

Jun 1, 2015, 12:44 PM

LOL Saban and spurlid will each leave on their own time and terms

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic