Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we chill out with the slurs...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Can we chill out with the slurs...

May 1, 2013, 9:37 AM

I'm not here to police anyone, so do what you want. However, using slurs like UGAy is offensive to some and always classless. (I also saw a poster type out the word F A G S. Not classy bro.)

Clemson is already fighting a past of racial prejudice, don't add to the fire. Even if you believe homosexuality is immoral, your not gonna make headway by name-calling. Plus recruits and their momma's read everything.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Noted...GO TIGERS and GO STEELERS!***

May 1, 2013, 9:38 AM

StealingTiger***

May 1, 2013, 9:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not here to police anyone? Yet you do....

May 1, 2013, 9:55 AM

nm

Every school is fighting a past of racial prejudice.

May 1, 2013, 10:05 AM

Clemson is not unique in that regard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

How about Butt Sniffers?***

May 1, 2013, 10:07 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

i think that's ok, unless they're midgets... wait, i think

May 1, 2013, 10:13 AM

they like to be called little people.

anyone out there qualified to give a pc ruling?

tia

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People can't take a joke in today's society....

May 1, 2013, 10:20 AM

it's sad, it's not like somebody saying UGay hates all homosexual people

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't have said it better myself!***

May 1, 2013, 10:26 AM

If I was gay

May 1, 2013, 11:38 AM [ in reply to People can't take a joke in today's society.... ]

I'd be insulted by being compared to a Georgia fan

^^^^^PC police alert***

May 1, 2013, 10:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Well........

May 1, 2013, 10:24 AM

first---this is a Clemson sports site---you can expect some insulting remarks aimed towards its rivals.

secondly---does a cape come with that "Conscience of Tigernet" outfit???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right, but calling people "Dooche [sic] Bag" is kosher...

May 1, 2013, 10:25 AM
steeltiger.jpg(93.6 K)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Right, but calling people "Dooche [sic] Bag" is kosher...

May 1, 2013, 10:26 AM

Hypocrisy knows no bounds. Kettle, meet black.

"Kosher?"

May 1, 2013, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Right, but calling people "Dooche [sic] Bag" is kosher... ]

Consider yourself reported to the anti-defamation league.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I doubt any vaginal cleaning implements would be

May 1, 2013, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Right, but calling people "Dooche [sic] Bag" is kosher... ]

Offended that you called a person a ###### in an insult.

I'm all for destroying PCness, but I hate the "oh you don't like this insult? You are ok with this insult!"

Its like the people that don't like cursing on this board because it might hurt the children, but they don't think calling someone gay might hurt a questioning child.

If cursing is allowed, then so should calling other teams homophobic slurs. But cursing isn't technically allowed. And I don't understand why so many on here talk about "class" when they see language on this site but when someone says "hey some people might be offended when you use that kind of language" those same people get all up in arms.

I personally know a lot of Gaye Clemson fans, several of whom browse tigernet. I'm sure they get a little hurt whenever they see their orientation as an insult. That said, I'm sure some parents get upset whenever they see me throw around the odd d@mn of as$ but I don't plan on changing. It is what it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh...ok. Thanks for the TD.

May 1, 2013, 11:04 AM

I have a couple gay friends and know a few more and have had a discussion about using "gay" as an insult and even they realize that the connection has been disjointed for many many years.

Calling someone gay as an insult is on the same level as calling someone a dbag...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't td you, I'll tu you to prove it.

May 1, 2013, 11:23 AM

Just posting I don't think that argument is the best one.

are you two gonna kiss and make up?

May 1, 2013, 11:25 AM

not that there's anything wrong with that.

Can we use your and Kate uptons couch?

May 1, 2013, 11:29 AM

Maybe if I imagine really hard it's her, it'll work.

absolutely. hopefully friday before 2 works for you?

May 1, 2013, 11:32 AM

that's when the maid comes.

I'm down, I like JCC.***

May 1, 2013, 1:14 PM

gwp ain't gonna like your 2-timin ways...***

May 1, 2013, 1:16 PM

I'm going to play golf with him within the the next few

May 1, 2013, 1:22 PM

months. Maybe his son can bring his buddy, Lucas Glover.

hey, if you 2 are planning on having a putt in the park...

May 1, 2013, 1:26 PM

that's your bidness.

I want in!!!!!!

May 1, 2013, 1:29 PM

signed,
LBU

;)

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

you want in or all-in?

May 1, 2013, 1:32 PM

it's important.

;)

I gonna wager that

May 1, 2013, 1:34 PM

LBU would say both!!!

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Can we chill out with the slurs...

May 1, 2013, 10:30 AM

I'm pretty sure 'leghumpers' and 'dawgs' get a free pass. Right?

Don't make me think up a new name for jawja.

And I'm not totally sure how discussing someone's SEXUAL preference is considered 'RACIAL PREJUDICE'. I think I missed that class. :)

This is all really easy

May 1, 2013, 10:37 AM

It is ok to call white, Christian, straight men anything you want to. Everyone else is off limits. Since I am one, feel free to talk all of the smack that you want to. I am not allowed to be offended.

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^

May 2, 2013, 2:24 AM

Preach it! Oops didn't mean to offend anyone by saying preach.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^

May 2, 2013, 8:59 AM

amen brother....so mote it be!

Applying your so-called "logic", why did you post Sukolina

May 1, 2013, 10:32 AM

in an earlier post? Wouldn't that offend the ghey community you say is offended by references to UGAy?

^^^^^link

May 1, 2013, 10:34 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13212216

so which of you two 'soccer' fans pointed this?***

May 1, 2013, 10:34 AM

Is UGhey okay?

May 1, 2013, 10:36 AM

just trying to make hay!

Having a Bulldog for a mascot is inhumane.

May 1, 2013, 10:50 AM

It makes you assume that all the women are ugly and the men are blue collar hooligans. Stop the madness !

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is already fighting a past of racial prejudice?

May 1, 2013, 11:01 AM

I would love to hear the explanation on which that statement was based.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Clemson is already fighting a past of racial prejudice?

May 1, 2013, 11:54 AM

Well, you know, the fact that we didn't allow black students to go here until the 60s and all.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While it is true....

May 1, 2013, 12:58 PM

the first black student (Harvey Gantt) did not attend Clemson until 1963, most schools throughout the south and southeast were against integration.

The University of Tennessee and Georgia Tech did not admit the first black undergraduate students until 1961 while South Carolina and Wake Forest admitted its first black students in 1964.

Ole Miss, Alabama, Duke and Georgia also admitted the first African-American students in 1963; nine years after the landmark case of Brown v. Board of Education wherein the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that segregation in schools is unconstitutional.

This was a cultural issue that was prevalent throughout the southeast more so than an indictment of any one school.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 1, 2013, 11:35 AM

I get what you are saying and I dont go out of my way to insult people, but I am so tired of the word "offensive". My over-played word in the country. People need to put their big boy/girl pants on and get over themselves. Sticks and stones people. Words dont matter unless you let them .

Tell 'em coot***

May 1, 2013, 12:47 PM

If we are fighting a past of racial prejudice..

May 1, 2013, 2:13 PM

Then why did Robert Nkemdiche leave us and go to what is arguably still the most racist school in the south?

I mean come on. Their fight song is Dixie and their "spirit chant" is drunkenly screaming "THUH SAWTH WEEL RAAHS AGIN!". The Klan holds racist protests on the steps of the administration building(2008 and 2009) and the students started race riots during this past election (2012).

Watch out it's the Politically Correct Police.

Season opener pic: Clemson 35, UGAy 21.

May 1, 2013, 8:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Hey

May 1, 2013, 8:28 PM

LMAO take a midol and prop your feet up***

May 2, 2013, 1:58 AM

May 2, 2013, 2:22 AM

I am offended by the idiots that come on here from other teams. Don't see them staying away. I say to anyone who is offended grow some thicker skin or quit being gay.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are you serious ? taking that pc stuff a little too far

May 2, 2013, 3:33 AM

ain't ya? do we have to quit calling that other school usuc,too? ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually...

May 2, 2013, 9:10 AM

Clemson was the only college in the south to peacefully integrate without incident. I am proud of that fact.

You are right that hateful verbal attacks are wrong. Jesus would never have done so, and any effort to help someone identify the sin in their life should be out of love for that person, and with the full knowledge that all of us are sinners. However, though childish, the remarks that you speak of are not personal attacks on any particular homosexual person, but playful smack talk between heterosexual football fans.

And for the record, when I say "childish"...

May 2, 2013, 9:17 AM

I am not trying to imply that I am above partaking in said behavior. I am quite childish at times. ;)

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic