Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do we even give a #### about California schools?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Why do we even give a #### about California schools?

Oct 2, 2019, 7:16 PM

California blows, kick those schools out, we don't need them, the Pac 12 could get rid of them & add Boise State, Utah State, Colorado State, Air Force, Nevada & UNLV & would be just fine. California is a liberal cesspool & most of the rest of the country could care less what any California schools are doing anyway & most of the rest of the country doesn't agree with the way they do things, let California fend for itself, they can start their own pro league & no one will care

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do we even give a #### about California schools?

Oct 2, 2019, 7:31 PM

You sound like an idiot. I am sure our future Quarterback and current player from California appreciate your ignorant comments

Oct 2, 2019, 7:42 PM

you don't live out here, every major city on the west coast is gross & disgusting & being overrun by homeless, every day more & more homeless people, you don't live out here so you are insulated in your bubble, wherever it is you live, the reality of California is not Lakers & palm trees

My sister lives in San Francisco and she will tell you the opposite...

Oct 2, 2019, 8:59 PM

By the way there is plenty of poverty, hunger, and homelessness in South Carolina for you to be pointing the finger at another state

Re: My sister lives in San Francisco and she will tell you the opposite...

Oct 2, 2019, 9:17 PM

yeah there just making this #### up, SMH
https://www.bisnow.com/san-francisco/news/hotel/san-franciscos-homeless-crisis-is-turning-tourists-away-87174

Re: My sister lives in San Francisco and she will tell you the opposite...

Oct 2, 2019, 9:19 PM [ in reply to My sister lives in San Francisco and she will tell you the opposite... ]

yeah I bet it looks just like this is South Carolina

Our roads and highways look about that trashy

Oct 2, 2019, 9:38 PM

Like I said if you don’t like it their is 49 other states to choose from. I stand by what I said. Demonizing homeless people does represent how a whole state looks. And you will see homeless people in any major metropolitan area in the country.

Re: Our roads and highways look about that trashy

Oct 2, 2019, 9:52 PM

I am not demonizing homeless, I am demonizing the scumbag politicians who lie to us & raise our taxes & say they are going to do something about it & then steal our our ####ing hard earned money, #### them & anyone who makes excuses for those evil suit wearing mother ####ers

Oct 2, 2019, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Our roads and highways look about that trashy ]

I don’t agree with everything the OP said.... but my sister is a pretty liberal democrat and she had a meeting in San Fran a few months ago. She said it was in turrible shape and the human crap and used heroin needles really are all over the place

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 10:05 PM

exactly, it is the same way here in Seattle, Pearl Jam helped raise 11 million dollars doing a couple of shows here last year & gave that money to the city of Seattle, and guess what they got done with 11 million dollars? nothing, if anything it's actually gotten much worse. the police here immediately release the homeless people after they arrest them & don't prosecute them, are homeless people that have been arrested over 200 times the last 5 years & are still on the streets, the conditions are so prime for the homeless people they are immigrating here from other cities to be homeless, unless they murder or critically injure someone, they know they are not going to be incarcerated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAi70WWBlw

Message was edited by: Watkins Hopkins®

Oct 3, 2019, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do we even give a #### about California schools? ]

talking about college not high school, future QB decided to leave California .... nothing ignorant about it, it's his opinion. Why do we care about California colleges after 2023?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 7:36 PM

Maybe because there are a few 4 and 5 star "High School Student-Athletes" recruits that might actually love to come to Little Old Clemson instead of playing for those schools you mentioned.

Oct 2, 2019, 7:39 PM

I meant the California colleges, not high schools, still recruit from the high schools

What you mean by "we", Kimo Sabe?***

Oct 2, 2019, 7:53 PM

Oct 2, 2019, 8:08 PM

It's obvious that you were talking about colleges, and it looks like the Pac 12 is also opposed to what that pos governor did. He's nothing but a grandstander and is driving the state over a cliff. Sure the NCAA and the colleges need to work some things out. Having a politician inserting himself into it won't help anything.

Oct 2, 2019, 8:16 PM

^^^^^^^^exactly, all they do out here is raise our taxes, say they are going to do #### & then create a bunch of high paying administrative positions & endless red tape that none of the money ever gets to the people that need it, they campaign on helping people out, then just line the pockets of their friends, family & cronies, it sucks living out here & cannot wait to move back to the southeast, just deciding on whether to move to SC, NC or VA.

Message was edited by: Watkins Hopkins®

Oct 2, 2019, 8:47 PM

Castro taught them well

Then why don’t you move out of the state,..

Oct 2, 2019, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do we even give a #### about California schools? ]

That’s IF you actually live there, if Cali is so bad there are 49 other states

Oct 2, 2019, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do we even give a #### about California schools? ]

Well, I would say, Watkins Hopkins, if you're thinking of moving to the SE to escape whacked out CA liberals/politicians and their ruinous policies - the places you've mentioned moving TO either have or are quickly heading toward the left.

Virginia? Already gone. FAR LEFT. Too close to D.C.; too much influence from liberal academia at UVA, etc. Too close to Maryland & Baltimore (the San Fran of the East Coast).

North Carolina? It's not Virginia, but it's pretty close. The bigger the population centers (Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Greensboro, Winston-Salem) get - the more left they go. Then you've got the left-wing universities piling on. UNC, Duke, Wake, (likely) NCST too - why would State be different - they help drive the left's agenda. UNC & Duke are as left-wing as UCLA, Stanford, U of Oregon or U of Wash.

SC? It still leans conservative, but probably won't stay that way. Too many people moving in from the N.E. & West Coast. Charleston has long been liberal. I'd say Columbia isn't far behind (I've never met or known a USC grad who wasn't a liberal Democrat....and I'm really serious). What about Clemson? Where do you think it's headed with President Clements - - a born & bred Baltimore guy? All of his education took place in Baltimore. All of his work experience took place in Baltimore. Why would he not wish to turn CU into Baltimore/ U of Maryland South? The balloons are gone, right? He issued an edict mandating all profs, instructors, admins, etc, go through diversity/sensitivity training didn't he?

Just saying.... You might find the SE a bit better than CA for a while, but long-term, you might be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

By the way, the other states (so far) considering pay-for-play legislation are: Ohio, NC & SC. Regardless what the NCAA, colleges, coaches want (mostly keeping the status quo), I would think the courts will side with the players.

Oct 3, 2019, 4:32 PM

I was thinking right in between Richmond, Martinsville & Bristol, TN so I can go to all 6 NASCAR short track races & I can commute down for Clemson games, so so since Martinsville is kind of in the middle, somewhere around there, it's like a 5 1/2 hour drive to Clemson

Oct 2, 2019, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do we even give a #### about California schools? ]

The one good thing about living on the Left Coast is the legalized weed, so nice being able to go to a shop & choose from over 100 different strains & toke up legally, a much better way to go to sleep at night than prescription drugs or alcohol

The NCAA is doing nothing on this issue***

Oct 2, 2019, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do we even give a #### about California schools? ]

Oct 2, 2019, 8:45 PM

I don’t agree with it at all. What I’m concerned about is it opens the door for the players from the areas that we recruit to start committing to those California schools because they will get paid !!! The only way to keep that from happening and stay on level ground is for us and every major university on this side of the states to start doing the same thing. It is sad to see it come to point. But mark my word, it’s going to sweep this way like those wildfires that sweep their state.

Oct 2, 2019, 8:52 PM

Can you imagine what those dirty boosters with deep pockets at Ohio State would do knowing they could off the record arrange for the recruit to make massive bank, it would make the whole Maurice Clarett deal look like a drop in the bucket

thats not what the law does***

Oct 2, 2019, 9:12 PM

Re: thats not what the law does***

Oct 2, 2019, 10:04 PM

No, it’s going to let them get paid from stuff like EASports NCAA Football game (which I miss) and jersey sales. What it also does, is make it impossible to track how much money they are really getting to play for that school. Nobody will raise an eyebrow now when good FB players start driving Bentleys. I understand the logic behind it, but don’t fool yourself into thinking that this will lead to better times.

Sometimes “progressing” doesn’t lead to positive results.

Oct 3, 2019, 8:00 PM

yea Jersey sales.... well do you have a fair market value for a Jersey? Its whatever some booster is willing to pay... same for endorsements and advertisements and, and , and...

Horrible idea...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 8:44 PM

exactly, say some big alum buys 20,000 jerseys & sends them to kids in Africa, so he can get a recruit to go there

Not gonna happen. Settle down and understand the law...

Oct 2, 2019, 8:57 PM

Maybe all the snowflakes ego will be ok, when they realize it doesn’t create the tinfoil theories they have on it

Re: Not gonna happen. Settle down and understand the law...

Oct 2, 2019, 9:01 PM

that woman ain’t young***

Oct 2, 2019, 9:15 PM

Re: that woman ain’t young***

Oct 2, 2019, 9:54 PM

yeah I know

Oct 2, 2019, 10:07 PM

Haha, dude you can’t argue with a “progressive” they already know everything and what will happen. It makes me wonder how America ever made it this far without super liberal, entitled, P.C. culture

Oct 2, 2019, 10:31 PM

Yep, they hang out at their local Starbucks ordering their Soy Lattes, telling each other how progressive & awesome they are, talk about a bubble

Oct 2, 2019, 10:46 PM

https://youtu.be/5wBTdfAkqGU

Oct 2, 2019, 11:01 PM

Kamala Harris said she used to listen to Tupac while attending college, even though Tupac didn't release any music until several years after Kamala had left college

Oct 3, 2019, 3:04 PM

The California Golden Bear is extinct, kind of ironic

you sound ANGRY.

Oct 3, 2019, 3:54 PM

sounds like ya need to smoke more weed. I’m not getting a peaceful easy feeling.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic