Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you want to see CFP expansion, then pull for UGA, Utah
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 936

If you want to see CFP expansion, then pull for UGA, Utah

Dec 2, 2019, 12:49 PM

and OU...

If they all win... the committee is hosed. It's not likely LSU falls out, and that would absolutely put UGA in. If the committee put them both in, they would be:

putting a 1-loss non champ (LSU) in over TWO 1-loss P5 conference champs.

There is no way the CFP survives that, IMO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly why I did not like the idea of a four

Dec 2, 2019, 1:00 PM

team playoff from the onset: I suspected high controversy at some point with two P5's left out on too many occasions.

I honestly believe if your scenario were to prevail, the Pac12 and Big12 would revolt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would really get nuts if both LSU and OSU lost

Dec 2, 2019, 1:07 PM

Everyone seems to think that both LSU and OSU are locks at this point, even if they lose this weekend. That may be true if just one of them loses, but what if they BOTH lose and Utah wins? Now you have Clemson and Georgia in with 12-1 LSU, 12-1 OSU, 12-1 OU/Baylor, and 12-1 Utah all sitting there. Do you really leave out both of the 12-1 conference champs for two 12-1 non-champs?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that would be worse... but I see no way, given the way both

Dec 2, 2019, 1:28 PM

LSU and OSU have been hyped so much all season... that either team is left out, regardless of the outcome of their games this weekend.

The committee is pulling for both to win.

The will still have a controversy if both Utah and OU win... but that is nothing compared to the scenario we're talking about should UGA/Wisc. win

I am opposed to CFP expansion. Terrible idea. 4 is enough.***

Dec 2, 2019, 1:16 PM

Not going to happen it would kill the bowls. The

Dec 2, 2019, 1:20 PM

Playoffs and bowls are all about money and the playoffs aren’t generating enough money yet to kill the bowls. The championship game last year wasn’t even close to a sellout. I know some will say it was because it was in San Francisco, but the NCAA Final Four will sellout a 70k arena anywhere its played.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m pulling for UGA, Utah, and OU***

Dec 2, 2019, 1:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm on record advocating for an expansion

Dec 2, 2019, 1:36 PM

But only if that expansion uses conference championships as the key to entry.

Barring that, I think this year is a prime example of *having* to figure out who the "best" team is to fill the #4 seed. It isn't so much that we have 7 or 8 great teams and its hard to whittle that down to 4, but rather it seems there are 3 teams at a level above the others, and we have to put a forth in to fill the field.

Not a fan of expansion if it is just going to pick more "good" teams based on abstract opinion-based metrics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 936
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic