Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not football related question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,342

Not football related question

Jun 24, 2013, 10:10 PM

I was approached by an AT&T rep. concerning ATT Uverse for phone, internet and tv. Do any of you have it, and if so, do you like it? I have direct tv now and charter internet and business phone. By the way, I'm a grandmother so please no smart remarks about this being a football forum, I know that, but it is a way to get others' experiences with this. Thanks for any help.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not football related question

Jun 24, 2013, 10:15 PM

I dropped time warner almost a year ago for U verse and I saved around $40 a month and so far I love it. Does not pixelate all the time and has been much more dependable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2013, 11:47 PM

Nice try, AT&T marketing department. You're not fooling us.

Jun 25, 2013, 8:45 AM

UBeWriteWRONG!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2013, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Not football related question ]

Yes you got me, I have stalked this board for almost three years just waiting for the day that I could finally slip in that promotion.

Jun 24, 2013, 10:43 PM

I have u verse for internet and tv. I don't mind it but miss css sports but other than that it's better than comcast imo.

Jun 24, 2013, 10:52 PM

In the U450 package I'm looking at, there is one called SportSouth HD. Could that be CSS?

Jun 24, 2013, 10:54 PM

Unfortunately no it's not.

Jun 24, 2013, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Not football related question ]

No

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2013, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Not football related question ]

I got Uverse for internet and cable when it first came available in my area 4-5 years ago. I don't have a land line, but if you get it, the caller ID shows up on the TV screen. Also if I am not mistaken, CSS and Sports South are two differnet channels.

We love it and after all of our neighbors have switched as a result of seeing ours. The price is still about the same as Charter once the promotions run out, but still a better product. Our bill is about $120/mo for internet and cable.

Respect Grandma........or you're in big trouble !***

Jun 24, 2013, 10:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Respect Grandma........or you're in big trouble !***

Jun 24, 2013, 10:53 PM

"Ain't" that the truth! :)

I love it!!!! Saving a lot of $$$

Jun 25, 2013, 12:40 AM

I switched at the beginning of this month and went with the u-300 package, I didn't want the home phone, but I did Internet and TV. I was able to get them to not charge me for my recievers .... Ever ( set up the install appointment, then couple days b4 they were to come out, I called and renego'd the price- threatened to stick with DTV) anyway, I am paying $102 a month for everything I had with DTV, but now I have SHo, starz, and encore movie channels and my bill is a combined $51 cheaper ( from AT&T DSL and DTV to U-Verse). Plus- when it storms, and it has a bunch here lately, I have not lost TV at all. DTV would go out in minor storms at my house , so this has been great!!!
Please if you decide to go with u-verse allow me to give you my acct # and we can both get $75 credit on on bills.... Thanks , Nate

Re: I love it!!!! Saving a lot of $$$ one more thing!

Jun 25, 2013, 12:42 AM

And I was able to get a $100 visa gift card when I signed up. It's supposed to come in about 6 weeks ( they want your account active for 30 days before they will send it )

make sure you call them when it's due, i was supposed to get

Jun 25, 2013, 3:28 AM

a rebate for a modem purchase and i called after i didn't recieve said rebate, they told me the offer had expired since i didn't call after 6 months of internet service. ( the payments were applied to my bill for 12 months!)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have U Verse Internet and TV and it's ok

Jun 25, 2013, 8:43 AM

I could get almost twice my current network bandwidth and same amount of HD receivers/channels for about $100 less a month with Charter.

The internet is disappointing especially if you have the wireless receivers. I have their 18meg internet and it consistently runts between 8-12 meg. I had an ATT guy come out and tell me its because I have HD and the wireless receivers which use up my network. We tested this by unplugging one by one and running speed tests and sure enough this is the case.

Just a buyer beware since they don't advertise this little tidbit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,342
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic