Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MJ or LeBron? Who do you like better?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

MJ or LeBron? Who do you like better?

May 19, 2020, 11:06 PM

I’m guessing over 90% of you would say MJ, but why? Note I am not asking who is the overall better player but who do YOU like better?

From research + watching The Last Dance, MJ was a first rate a-hole who only cared about feeding his ego and winning. He had a severe gambling problem and cheated on his wife. Many close teammates like Pippen and Rodman seem to have little relationship with him. Horace Grant just ripped him a new one in an article written today.

Yet LBJ has never done anything remotely bad in his personal life but many consider him less like able.

Granted MJ had an undeniable flair with the media that made him an American icon, but many people can be completely different with the public than how they are behind closed doors.

Just think it’s interesting how many people can jump on the anti LBJ bandwagon while sipping the MJ kool aid.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MJ or LeBron? Who do you like better?

May 19, 2020, 11:11 PM

It’s not a debate. Stats, game evolution, championships.

Not a conversation. Jordan is the GOAT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you even read OPs question?***

May 20, 2020, 7:51 AM

Re: Did you even read OPs question?***

May 20, 2020, 9:13 AM

Yea and answered.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2020, 11:20 PM

As Scottie Pippen said..... "I guess it depends on if you want to win." There is no BB game in which i would take LJ over MJ...

As far as LJ, he is still playing so players will be more reluctant to say what they think about LJ.

All of those players also said, MJ made them all better and they would play with him again if they could do it all over again.

I don't even have LJ in my top 10 players of all time.... part of the reason is that I would have to see him play in the late 70's, 80's and early 90's when if he drove the lane, he could get hammered and it would just be a simple foul. You can't get within 2 feet of LJ without them calling it a foul. But it is the same with all players now.

Too many times when LJ has not wanted the ball in crunch time with the game on the line early on in his career.

MJ had a will to win like only a few have had. Bird and Magic are the other 2.

Not even in your top 10?...

May 20, 2020, 4:20 AM

Come on man.
As if MJ didn’t benefit from preferential referee treatment.
LeBron has elevated teammates his whole career. Some of the guys he took to the Finals in Cleveland early on were G-League material.
LeBron’s game has always been different than MJ. He is not the scorer MJ was. He is a better passer...similar to Magic in that way. Kobe was the closest thing to MJ in the way he scored and took over games. LeBron does it too...he just does it differently. Not sure why people want to downgrade a guy who is clearly one of the best there is.

MJ is the best player of all time. But LeBron & Kobe are right up there and would be fine going back in time to light up Craig Ehlo or whoever.

You are nuts if Lebron isn't in the Top 10.

May 20, 2020, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: MJ or LeBron? Who do you like better? ]

Regardless of the MJ vs Lebron debate, Lebron is absolutely and undeniably a Top 10 all-time player. He's actually a lock for Top 5 and it is only debatable if he is Top 2 or not.

Lebron is also just as big, strong, and fast as any player who has ever played. He's the most physically gifted player of the last 20 years, and you think he wouldn't have thrived in a more physical league? Lol.

Put your old man bias aside. MJ is the GOAT. Lebron is #2.

Snowflake Basher........Out

May 20, 2020, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: MJ or LeBron? Who do you like better? ]

LBJ would work MJ in 1on1.

kool-aid lol

May 19, 2020, 11:29 PM

good lord

it’s not even close

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I don't like either one of them.

May 19, 2020, 11:49 PM

I don't like arrogant people.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Always liked how he says he doesn't have a gambling problem

May 20, 2020, 12:12 AM

which is what all addicted gamblers say. Unfortunately, most other people with that addiction that he bets against on the golf course don't have the bankroll to hurt him. It's like the millionaire playing at a $1/$2 poker table. If losing $1000 on a hand of poker doesn't hurt you, it's unfair to others at the table.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2020, 12:59 AM

I was a huge LeBron fan before he went to Miami. Then I completely turned on him.

It started with his disastrous, self-indulgent, drawn out "Decision" show. That was one of biggest public exhibitions of extreme ego by an athlete, ever. He made sure the basketball world was focused on him and only him. What a charade! He couldn't have made it any more painful for those fans back in his home town he supposedly loved so much.

Then he flies down to Miami, gets on stage with Wade and Bosh (referred to as the 3 Kings) and makes me cringe even more. His "Not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7..." was disgraceful. This was BEFORE he won a championship. MJ never did anything like this even when celebrating his championships.

LeBron also made what seemed like condescending comments about fans who wanted him to fail after they lost in the Finals to the Mavs.

In his first stint in Cleveland, LeBron came across as a lunch pail guy who left it all out on the court every game. In Miami, he turned into a whiny diva.

However, I've grown to respect him again in recent years. He's matured quite a bit.

I don't like either guy personally. As a basketball player, I loved MJ his entire career except for the 1997 Eastern Conference Finals against my Pacers. But there is no doubt he has an extreme alpha personality, with a mean streak. Being the GOAT is what made him redeemable.

Just a reminder...the ‘decision’ show was a fund raiser...

May 20, 2020, 9:21 AM

That raised over 2 million for the Boys & Girls Club.
Sure, it was not executed well from a program standpoint.
But LeBron has given a ton of $ to charities throughout his career...even at what some would call his worst moment.

May 20, 2020, 1:43 AM

LJ may have slightly more physical gifts but he doesn't seem to have the drive to win that MJ had. If you could morph the two together you'd really have something.

May 20, 2020, 1:49 AM

MJ all the way,,, everyday!!!

May 20, 2020, 2:34 AM

MJ>Lebron(crafted, contrived & persona-coddled & worshipped by ESPN; a Pas sive aggresive back stabber, coach killer, racist, & sjw attention who®e?left the Cavs in ashes-cap strapped, as the owner bent over backwards to satisfy the Diva's every whim; Lebron still b¡+ched & whined like a petulant child-

May 20, 2020, 2:54 AM

MJ played when the NBA was really worth watching and there’s really no comparison IMO. Lebron is good but not MJ good. I would rather have Magic and Bird before Lebron on my team.

NBA was really good up to his first retirement

May 20, 2020, 10:49 AM

It was garbage in the mid to late 90s. The league was just incredibly weak at that point and the Bulls were about the only thing worth watching.

May 20, 2020, 3:55 AM

I like them both the same. I know neither one of them. It seems Lebron does a lot for charity, but maybe MJ does too. I don't know any pro athletes personally, so they both seem fine to me on the surface. MJ is by far the better player. No way I can say who I like better as a person. I don't know them enough.

May 20, 2020, 4:00 AM

Do you get awards for better person when you are professional athlete?

May 20, 2020, 4:33 AM

Sure. There are community activity awards ...like "NFL Man of the Year"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2020, 5:01 AM [ in reply to Re: MJ or LeBron? Who do you like better? ]

Yes...NBA and NFL have award for that. I am not sure about MLB. They probably do too.

May 20, 2020, 5:47 AM

I don’t know either of them but I did have an encounter with MJ. As a grad student I taught a beginning golf activity course at the UNC course. I’m setting up at the driving range early and MJ walks up and drops his clubs in my reserved area. It’s early and just the 2 of us out there. He looks around and says “you setting up for a class?” I said “yeah in about 30 minutes”. He asked “is it ok if I hit here?” I replied “well, do you mind going down to the other end? We reserve this area and besides, if you’re here they will be watching you and not listening to me”. He chuckled a bit and said “not a problem man. Have a good class”. He was playing with the Bulls at the time and already a star. He never once said do you know who I am or any of that stuff. All I can say is in my one encounter I found him humble and gracious.

I suspect neither are as good, nor bad, as

May 20, 2020, 5:59 AM

Many of our perceptions would suggest. One thing's for sure, they can't go or do anything virtually anywhere, in anonymity. That, frankly, sucks.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2020, 6:22 AM [ in reply to Re: MJ or LeBron? Who do you like better? ]

That's a good story.

He(( no need to even point that out tn the...

May 21, 2020, 1:08 AM [ in reply to Re: MJ or LeBron? Who do you like better? ]

Lebron loving Kool-aid drinking zombies; because the illogical notion that you're correctly referencing; is, in this case, at it's root, a false narrative. To the lucid & well informed; a carefully crafted & entertaining 18 year presentation, but an obvious work of fiction-

Lebron was never a tarcheat

May 20, 2020, 7:16 AM

So I’ll go with him

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lebron was never a tarcheat

May 20, 2020, 7:38 AM

Ok

May 20, 2020, 7:55 AM

I was born in 91 so I don't remember MJ's career but Lebron is by far the best basketball player I have ever seen. To say he wouldn't be good in any generation is laughable. I understand the rules have changed drastically but the man is 6'9" 250 lbs and has succeeded against players such as Kevin Garnett and great defensive teams such as the 2007 Pistons (beat them when he was 22 with a crap roster) and I could go on and on. With that being said I did not like Heat LeBron at all and the 2011 finals will always be a mark against him when it comes to talking about his career as a whole.

May 20, 2020, 7:58 AM

Lebron is not even ballpark close to MJ. I have see them both play live many times and maybe hundreds of times on tv. They arent even close. MJ is night and day better.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

May 20, 2020, 8:04 AM

MJ

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

May 20, 2020, 8:18 AM

he had it all NCAA championships , NBA championship, scoring titles, MVPs .

Must rely on a pass, another player/[used in conjunction to be effective]

May 21, 2020, 1:27 AM

Part of the reason the C pos has become nearly obsolete-

WRONG BOARD MORAN!!!***

May 20, 2020, 8:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Thank you.***

May 20, 2020, 8:52 AM

Many consider you not like able.***

May 20, 2020, 8:59 AM [ in reply to WRONG BOARD MORAN!!!*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

GWPCoot is fine; he's courteous & receptive to courtesy...***

May 20, 2020, 9:11 AM

Like both. MJ little better b-ball. Both OK as people _

May 20, 2020, 8:52 AM

each with a few personal nuances that aren’t aligned with my preferences. (But that’s expected.) Both have stayed away from major personal troubles.

Both deserve discussion of GOAT. MJ still holds the top spot given Championships and clutch offensive performance in crunch time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*****Jordan********

May 20, 2020, 9:20 AM

Do I have to choose?***

May 20, 2020, 10:08 AM

Horace Grant***

May 20, 2020, 10:43 AM

nm

Re: Horace Grant***

May 20, 2020, 9:06 PM

Tree.

MJ, both as a player and a person

May 20, 2020, 11:18 AM

Sure, they both have giant egos, but I probably would, too, if I had their talent...and bank account. I would not put either near the top of the list of people I would choose to hang out with, but one of the things many hate about MJ is one of the main reasons I respect him - he is all business. Work hard, do your job, and win. The other thing I really respect about MJ is that he hung up the Air Jordans and went quiet. We don't have to see him announcing games, picking up easy checks in movies, even endorsing products...he is about as low profile as you or me (until this documentary came out, at least). He stays out of politics, too. That is a big #3.

Who knows how Lebron will handle his post-basketball life? But he certainly seems to crave the attention and accolades while playing. He calls himself King James, holds teams hostage to get what he wants, and inserts himself into politics without even being asked.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2020, 2:31 PM

Not even close. MJ

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic