Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Differences between U5C fans and Clemson fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Differences between U5C fans and Clemson fans

Nov 20, 2018, 2:07 PM

Other than the obvious (literate, all our teeth, build our fires in a fireplace or firepit and not in a dumpster, don't go to family reunions looking for dates, etc), one big difference I notice is their attitude. We used to be able to say that they'd sucked for so long it's no wonder they have a bad attitude, but they had 5 or 6 pretty good years (for them, anyway), yet they're still so defeatist.

It occurred to me that with Clemson, we EXPECT to win every game, every year. At U5C, they HOPE to win some games.

What's really amazed me is how many are bailing already on their team this weekend. Yeah, they're huge underdogs, but nobody is unbeatable. I can't imagine that some of that defeatist attitude doesn't make its way to the players. I can't imagine Clemson fans being so defeatist if roles were reversed and we were the big underdogs. We may not go expecting an upset, but it wouldn't surprise us and we'd still go and not give up hope as soon as the game time is announced.

Expectations. We expect to win. They hope to win. That, and all the other stuff (literacy, etc) - is what sets us apart as a fan base.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Differences between U5C fans and Clemson fans

Nov 20, 2018, 2:19 PM

Forever Two Teeth!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 20, 2018, 2:26 PM

I would say another huge difference between the fans is our demeanor. When the game is in DV and I see visiting coots walking around, I don't particularly enjoy seeing them but they are entitled to come support their team and I will be as hospitable as my nature allows. During their most recent run of success of four straight wins, I went to Willy B to see one of the games. When I was there I had beer thrown on me (definitely on purpose) and I was cussed at multiple times. I did not retaliate as I would not really see any satisfaction in kicking the ### of a stupid coot (I'd rather hit them on the scoreboard where it really hurts). The former friends of mine who I was with (who are Carolina fans) never apologized for their fan base or told the fans harassing me to take a hike, shut up etc etc.

As I said before, I do not particularly like Coot fans, but if I saw a visiting one experiencing the same thing I did at Willy B by the hands of Clemson fans, I would definitely step in.

That is another one of the many differences between the fan bases.

Nov 20, 2018, 2:31 PM

We do not cherish a big brother team like they do. Oh yeah, well my big brother Alabama is going to beat you. It’s pathetic

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. Clemson fans may expect to win every game now

Nov 20, 2018, 2:32 PM

But that wasn't the case for decades.

45-50 IQ points?***

Nov 20, 2018, 2:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 45-50 IQ points?***

Nov 20, 2018, 4:20 PM

Coots have never taken an IQ test, they can get them to stop humping the waiting room chairs.

Everything.***

Nov 20, 2018, 2:36 PM

Nov 20, 2018, 3:46 PM

Well, u see, it is like this.....A CAROLINA chicken fan will tell u that they pull for CLEMSON when they aren’t playing the Tigers. But a CLEMSON fan won’t lie to ya.

GO TIGERS!!

(Borrowed)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not enough time in the day to list them all...

Nov 20, 2018, 3:56 PM

and the list keeps getting longer every day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic