Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not calling anyone out. But I will ask for introspection...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Not calling anyone out. But I will ask for introspection...

Dec 29, 2014, 9:27 PM

If you spent the last month so d@mn sure that Clemson would fall.
If you knew, just KNEW, that Cole was going to muck up the game.
If you were dead certain that this exotic co-OC plan was NEVER going to work.

I'm not going to rag you for being wrong, but I am going to ask you to look in your heart and try to find what made you doubt Clemson. And ask yourself what you gained in the past month for doing so.

You lost a month of feeling just like you're feeling now, replacing it with bile and bitterness. And for what?

As a Son of Clemson you DO NOT EVER go into a game thinking it has been lost. Never.

You do not give any less than the young men who pummeled the Sooners this evening.

This win will keep us all warm well into the winter. I pray it provides a bit of light into whatever has darkened the hearts of those who simply couldn't accept that fact that we were going to win as well.

You can spend the winter and spring in hope or in the emotional hell that should be the sole property of Capons. Your choice. I choose hope. I choose Clemson.

Better days ahead. And they are going to be glorious.

It's going to be glorious.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going to be a great winter!***

Dec 29, 2014, 9:29 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yawn...***

Dec 29, 2014, 9:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen, Rev, amen!!!!!*********

Dec 29, 2014, 9:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not calling anyone out. But I will ask for introspection...

Dec 29, 2014, 9:37 PM

right on Rev. Wonder what rock the Dabo & Cole haters are under?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much as a Grinch like me hates being optimistic....

Dec 29, 2014, 9:38 PM

I think we are in position for a National Title soon. We are in great shape. I am extremely happy about our future. Our program has been built up to last. Thanks Dabo. You may be goofy at times, but you are a great leader for a program.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will admit I was wrong about Stoudt

Dec 29, 2014, 9:40 PM

I kept saying he had the tools but not the head. Well, he found his composure and boy was it big time! Very proud if him. Almost wish we would throw a legitimate parade in Clemson or Greenville for the seniors. If anyone were ti care to organize this, I would try to make it back, assuming neither my wife nor I would be working said weekend.

Warrior princess' never, ever, lose faith in our team!.***

Dec 29, 2014, 9:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2014, 9:50 PM

I had every intention of posting some vitriol and calling a few posters out...especially the Cole haters. Your post has made me rethink that. Thanks for calming me down and pointing out all the positives.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a financial advisor...in spite of 100 years of market

Dec 29, 2014, 9:52 PM

performance that shows there are approximately 8 good years to 2 bad years, there are always going to be people who think that things are as bad as they have ever been, and will never get better.

You can't cure stupid, is what I have deduced. Those people can't be helped. It's their nature to be a curmudgeon...against their own best interest and despite professional advise to the contrary.

I applaud your effort, but I have learned that you are an optimist who banks on the human spirit (and you have ALWAYS been right in the long run), or you're a pill. There are a lot of pills out there. Trust me.

Agreed: All we can do is ask them to look ...

Dec 29, 2014, 10:08 PM

... what they see is up to them.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2014, 10:07 PM

Amen, Reverend! Well said. Good days ahead for the Tigers!

I'll admit it. I thought we would lose this game

Dec 29, 2014, 10:09 PM

Never been happier to be proven wrong

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgive me Father for I have sinned...

Dec 29, 2014, 10:11 PM

I doubted Cole Stoudt and Clemson. Good thing there is forgiveness and DC next season (I kid I kid).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will man up and say I though Clemson would lose big.

Dec 29, 2014, 10:11 PM

Maybe the play calling and Cole's injury was the reason he did not play well the last half of the season.

A good start would be to reverse the 1st two words ...

Dec 30, 2014, 5:31 AM

...of your handle.

Better days ahead.

Re: A good start would be to reverse the 1st two words ...

Dec 30, 2014, 5:37 AM

I'm impressed with this Rev Dodd fella , seems to know how ya word things to get people's minds to workin' and mouths to talkin' .
Top 5 poster in my opinion .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

pov

Dec 30, 2014, 6:05 AM

Oh, what a beautiful mornin'!
Oh, what a beautiful day!
I've got a beautiful feelin'
Ev'rythin's goin' our way.

Dude, it was just the Russell Athletic Bowl. Thank the Lord

Dec 30, 2014, 7:11 AM

Spurrier already got his 5-streak & let off the gas enough for Dabo to finally get a win in the series or else Clemson would have been in the Schwinn Mountain Bike Bowl versus an AAC team or something.

Actually, that's a bit harsh.

But yeah, Oklahoma is nowhere near the team they were last season.

Re: Dude, it was just the Russell Athletic Bowl. Thank the Lord

Dec 30, 2014, 7:17 AM

thanks for your input louie the coot.

OK was the 2nd most disappointing team last year for sure***

Dec 30, 2014, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Dude, it was just the Russell Athletic Bowl. Thank the Lord ]

I guess those 9 TFLS against Okie

Dec 30, 2014, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Dude, it was just the Russell Athletic Bowl. Thank the Lord ]

rang too close to the 13 .vs Little Dickie U. Tell me Livalips, have you worn anything Placenta colored in public since you got a 35-17 boot tip enema?

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Bahaha!! Bruv, I'm still steamed about how bad Cole was

Dec 30, 2014, 7:58 AM

against Ga in the 4th quarter that led to the Bulldogs unbridled rushing attack that knocked Clemson immediately out of national title consideration.

Are you also steamed how Texas Aggies couldn't run fast

Dec 30, 2014, 8:58 AM

enough (after jailraping your chickenass)to The Patent office to trademark The Schick of their new QB? Only to bench his punkass midseason?

If not, you are severe misguided, Livalips!

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

First off, I'm a student @ C. of C. & I never went to SCU.

Dec 30, 2014, 9:01 AM

But I have eaten chicken in the last 2 or 3 days & am not sure if it's all been pewped out yet.

So you have a point.

Yeah , and now the Mutts are irrelevant and were....

Dec 30, 2014, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Bahaha!! Bruv, I'm still steamed about how bad Cole was ]

beaten by an even more irrelevant Coot team......... how bout them Yellow Jackets!

Re: Bahaha!! Bruv, I'm still steamed about how bad Cole was

Dec 30, 2014, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Bahaha!! Bruv, I'm still steamed about how bad Cole was ]

We were definitely still in the playoff picture after the UGA loss. Had we won out we would have played for the acc championship and went to the playoff........... Just sayin

Where do they get these coot fans?

Dec 30, 2014, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Dude, it was just the Russell Athletic Bowl. Thank the Lord ]

Not too bright about football to say the least.

Rev, you would pick Clemson to win if playing the Seattle

Dec 30, 2014, 8:15 AM

Seahawks. Some of us are just more sane than you;) More power to YA'.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not likely ... but I wouldn't go in expecting disaster

Dec 30, 2014, 8:24 AM

And I would go in ready to stand at the wall with the guys, rather than looking for blame before the coin is flipped.

thanks, I was lambasted for being pro-Cole for weeks - here

Dec 30, 2014, 9:25 AM

is an example:
Not true, Cole was excellent in first half at Gawja, one int
Posted: Dec 28, 2014 1:13 PM

then and it appeared that Chad lost his confidence in him then. Way too early, and a player would have a hard time regaining confidence in himself when his coach does not trust him and designed a "20 play conservative playbook" for him, and even publicly advertised it before GT game, not knowing DW would be injured in that game early. And GT players said they knew those "20 plays" by studying film. I do think Morris ought to refund a few hundred thousand, and I hope the coaching of Streeter will prove this???? I hope that Cole will have great game, and put him back on pro-candidate board. He is after all much more of a pro-style qb and Morris wanted the free-style pass/run qb that DW is and Tajh was...This game will be interesting to watch. GO TIGERS! And please withhold the booing no matter what!

calling out "tigerking" and "psbo" especially!

Dec 30, 2014, 10:12 AM

Sorry, but if you thought we were going to thump Oklahoma by 34 (40 if we hadn't subbed) then you're just as crazy as the people who thought our defense was going to have a meltdown because Cole was on the field and lose by 30+. That's the definition of throwing crap at a wall and hoping it sticks. Yeah you could be "right," but that doesn't mean it was a good prediction. I've seen Cole struggle to make the most basic of QB plays all season. It got to a point that 8-yard slant routes for first downs were being celebrated like 90-yard TDs by anyone watching. I doubted Cole's ability to win this game and I was completely justified in that doubt. I never 100% committed to believing that we'd lose though. Yeah joking around with friends I'd say stuff like we're going to lose 8-10 and have 4 safeties and give up a pick 6, but I always believed we had a shot to dominate on defense, control the clock with Gallman/Dye, minimize Cole's impact on the game, and manage to get a close win. Nobody saw Stoudt going for 300+ with no turnovers and a non-existent run game. Nobody. You may think you did, but you didn't. That would be like having a friend who's 30 minutes late to every event he attends and trusting that friend to pick you up to give you a ride to a job interview.

So yeah I had my doubts for the past month. I wasn't giddy about the prospect of relying on a QB like Stoudt to win this game. But I wasn't going around telling people the sky was falling because I knew we had the best defense in the country. So I'll enjoy this surprisingly easy win just like everybody else.

the first step of climbing out of a hole is quit digging......

Dec 30, 2014, 11:04 AM

No one said we were going to beat Oklahoma by 30 or anything else you are spewing.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic