Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not bashing Tajh Boyd...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 513

Not bashing Tajh Boyd...

Oct 21, 2013, 1:58 PM

...but at some point, someone has to say that he could not lead a receiver downfield with his passes and has done so infrequently enough that when he does, our receivers actually look like the beasts they are( think Sammy at the Syracuse game where he hit second gear and ran past the corner and safety). Also, the offense is a quick fire, up-tempo offense and he is slow to make reads and adjust unless he is totally in the zone. When he is "on", the man can do amazing things, but we should have staff and backups that can step in and say, "Tajh isn't here tonight, let's pull him a series and get him adjusted, angry, or whatever before he goes back in.

Our defense gave us several opportunities and sacked Jameis plus held his running game. Our offense did not capitalize at all and we had four very key turnovers which led to 28 of those 51 points. Also note that Cole Stoudt came in and scored, while running the ball, I may add, after making some "lead the receiver passes" down the field. Nothing ring with having faith in Tajh but don't hang the whole offensive hat on him when the young man is making mistakes. He dug a whole and instead of getting a helping hand out by the coaches( besides Venables who did get key stops, we just didn't capitalize), we let him dig deeper and deeper until FSU had a cushion. You think Jimbo wouldn't pull Jameis out if he had gotten an interception and fumble in the first half?

We didn't get out-athleted, we got trapped by our own good intentions towards our QB. Watch all the man's film and tell me he consistently leads receivers, meaning they don't have to stop, jump, fall down, lean over to catch a bubble screen pass, and I will concede we got out-athleted. Other than that, Stoudt, and the defense deserve an apology for Saturday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 513
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic