Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: 5-star DE chooses Gamecocks over Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

TNET: 5-star DE chooses Gamecocks over Tigers

May 25, 2018, 8:34 PM

5-star DE chooses Gamecocks over Tigers

Five-star defensive end Zacch Pickens out of Anderson (SC) Hanna committed to South Carolina Friday evening. Pickens' mother, Felicia Harris, told TigerNet last Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: 5-star DE chooses Gamecocks over Tigers

May 25, 2018, 8:39 PM

Fire Dabo ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 25, 2018, 8:41 PM

It appears Muscoot has joined his other SEC brethren and pulled out the checkbook.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you say that? I think he just didn't pick us..no need to slander a kid.***

May 25, 2018, 8:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You have to admit it's odd a 5 * DL 20 minutes from campus

May 25, 2018, 9:02 PM

Doesn't commit to Defensive Line U. Especially when all starters will be on to the NFL next season

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Not odd at all considering USCjr's depth chart.....

May 25, 2018, 9:11 PM

compared to ours. He will play quicker there as a starter guaranteed. He also liked USCkjr. I don't think he has any better NFL chances with us over them to be honest. He just has no chance at national titles like he would at Clemson.

Re: Not odd at all considering USCjr's depth chart.....

May 26, 2018, 11:55 AM

And the NFL will draft a lot of players from championship teams. Sure they draft from some of the worst teams, but they look at the championship teams first!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have to admit it's odd a 5 * DL 20 minutes from campus

May 25, 2018, 10:43 PM [ in reply to You have to admit it's odd a 5 * DL 20 minutes from campus ]

I think sometimes being too close, is a negative.

Re: Why do you say that? I think he just didn't pick us..no need to slander a kid.***

May 26, 2018, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Why do you say that? I think he just didn't pick us..no need to slander a kid.*** ]

There are at least 10 + other power 5 schools that will always be better then the coots that he could have chosen. The first thing that come to mind when I first saw this was $$$$ rules. If Mustcrap fails at usuc, he knows that it would be his last power 5 conference Head Coaching job that he would get for a very long time if ever. His not so favorable character has shown through over the years, and I personally believe that he would break all the rules to hold on to his position as a power 5 HC. His millions as a HC would fall to maybe a million as one of the top coordinators.Six to Eight out Ten cheaters will at some time slip up after they get comfortable with what they are doing to cheat, and they get caught, and I wouldn't be shocked if Mustcrap's name pops up as a cheater within the next 2 or 3 years. Before Dabo's success at Clemson, 5 star kids that their fathers played for Clemson didn't chose Clemson when we were average at best. And 5 star kids that they and their parents are fans of the coots don't chose the coots either unless there are incentives to hard to turn away from. Most, the majority of 5 star kids out of HS wants the best after HS to ensure their success and future in the NFL go and play at the best schools in their sport. Then there are a small percentage of those that wants a taste of the wealth before the NFL, and will take the chance of playing for non championship winning schools to have some of the nicer things that life has to offer now, before they go pro!!! Is this what is happening with the coots, I don't know and I can't prove differently, but my suspicions are high concerning the coots with bringing in high 4 and 5 star talent that won't sniff a championship during their career as a coot with a HC that has never won anything as a HC, not even with Florida where some of the best talent in the country are in Florida!!! If Mustcrap is building his coot team the honest up and up way, then good for him and I applaud him.But with all he stands to lose at this time in his Head Coaching career, I am suspicious of his recruiting tactics....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do you say that? I think he just didn't pick us..no need to slander a kid.***

May 26, 2018, 12:09 PM

Dabo went through the same process, getting top recruits to buy in. Very similar to the ##### stating the same about us. Both know how to recruit. Whether we like it or not, USC went out and put together a staff that works. Very much like Dabo did.

May 25, 2018, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star DE chooses Gamecocks over Tigers ]

I certainly hope so. We’ve been desperately lacking in that department lately. We gotta catch up with everyone else these days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Not at all, Pickens just wants to get in the game ...

May 26, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star DE chooses Gamecocks over Tigers ]

Most NFL hungry kids would rather start for an average team than never get in for a winner. That's a no brainer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2018, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star DE chooses Gamecocks over Tigers ]

Fire Dabo ?.. HaHa.. Pickens saw two five star ends as freshman in front of him.. He is simply going to USC to play right away.. As I was explaining to my friend at work..this recruiting cycle is more about getting depth than focusing getting top players.. They need to replace 20 seniors and 5 ± transfers.

Good luck

May 27, 2018, 9:05 AM

I say good luck and good Riddance!

May 26, 2018, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star DE chooses Gamecocks over Tigers ]

You must be kidding, I hope he enjoys washing cars, working at the car wash.

May 26, 2018, 12:05 PM

Maybe pump gas with that Alshon dude? C'mon, grow up and quit trashing a kid. We will get ours.

Championships and character aren’t what he was looking for, I guess.

It's the XT, Henry, Foster, Mascoll effect

It's was gonna be a struggle for him to get on the field here anytime soon.

He may have worked his way in there somewhat fast...

May 25, 2018, 8:44 PM

if he was amazing. He took more guaranteed path with the coots for more PT early.

May 25, 2018, 8:43 PM

he even looks like a rooster

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I just lol'd -***

May 25, 2018, 9:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pickens leaving Death Valley this season..

May 26, 2018, 6:39 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star DE chooses Gamecocks over Tigers ]

May 25, 2018, 8:46 PM

Can you blame him? He'll start from day one in Cooterville or he could sit around waiting his turn in Clemson. Plus he'll likely be home for the Holidays most years. #BeMediocre

May 25, 2018, 8:54 PM

Not a good month for Tiger football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2018, 8:59 PM

I guess they're starting to cycle in.

If they get enough of these kinda players (talented players but intimidated by our depth chart) they might start losing by only two or three tds to us.

May 25, 2018, 9:06 PM

Are they giving out houses or something?

May 25, 2018, 9:15 PM

Lets admit, it is more common these days for these kids wanting to start right away, vs. experienced players coming back (like we have) instead of an early departure for the NFL. However, whatever Lumpy is selling, these kids are buying it.

May 25, 2018, 9:10 PM

At the risk of sounding slanderous, I hate to say I had already judged the book by the cover. Only thing that hairdo does is say "me, me, me". Not one that appeared to fit the Clemson mold.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His hair tells you everything?? Really dude??

May 26, 2018, 1:45 AM

But the flowing locks of Trevor Lawrence are just fine and fit the Clemson mold... Gotcha... I guess Jesus' hair like wool wouldn't fit the Clemson mold either...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL just has long hair because he spends too much time

May 26, 2018, 8:15 AM

footballing to get his hair cut. Same with Charlie Whitehurst, though I don't know if his hair is actually like wool.

Re: TL just has long hair because he spends too much time

May 26, 2018, 1:11 PM

Clemson13 said:

footballing to get his hair cut. Same with Charlie Whitehurst, though I don't know if his hair is actually like wool.

Wait.....didn't Dabo install a barbershop next to the slide?Calling B.S..

May 25, 2018, 9:13 PM

May 25, 2018, 9:22 PM

Coots getting more Jimmys and Joes, for sure. And I hate it.

May 25, 2018, 9:24 PM

Me too. Almost as much as I hate uga getting a recruit. Can’t stand deal went out of state.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the question for Tiger fans is.. Xavier Thomas or this dude...

May 25, 2018, 9:58 PM

He sees 2nd string at Clemson. But the issue is... the Gamecocks. Why waste your college years...?

Personality was not good fit for Tigers, too arrogant!***

May 25, 2018, 10:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really?? When did he display arrogance?***

May 26, 2018, 1:48 AM

Re: Personality was not good fit for Tigers, too arrogant!***

May 26, 2018, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Personality was not good fit for Tigers, too arrogant!*** ]

Oh so I guess you know him personally? Tell us about all the arrogant things you’ve seen him do.

Good lord what an idiotic thing to say.

He had a chance to crack the 4-deep***

May 25, 2018, 10:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ruh roh. We must indeed be cycling out***

May 25, 2018, 10:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2018, 10:24 PM

He could have just wanted to get a little ways from home. He will enjoy playing for 4th place and losing to us the next 3 years.

The hair alone gives away how dumb he is

May 25, 2018, 10:35 PM

Stupid decision. Let me guess USC selling "we gonna win the Natty soon " pitch ????

The hair alone gives away how dumb he is

May 25, 2018, 10:35 PM

Stupid decision. Let me guess USC selling "we gonna win the Natty soon " pitch ????

May 25, 2018, 11:01 PM

So what. He wouldn't have played DE at Clemson with our current crowd !

May 25, 2018, 11:01 PM

So what. He wouldn't have played DE at Clemson with our current crowd !

Had to read this headline a couple of times....

May 26, 2018, 12:01 AM

Not used to seeing that headline, but it’s probably for the best. Anyone who would choose SCaR in general shows a lack of good decision making skills, low moral character, and more likely than not a criminal record. Go Tigers!!!

Re: Had to read this headline a couple of times....

May 26, 2018, 11:04 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article207240374.html

obviously, he’s in cahoots (or dare I say “cacoots”?) with belk’s department store.***

May 26, 2018, 12:44 AM

May 26, 2018, 1:05 AM

hey...no one puts them in the nfl like the chickens

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very disappointing...

May 26, 2018, 1:24 AM

less in the decision but more in the comments just six days ago that there was no rush... they can answer questions anyway they choose but those comments were truly disingenuous...

Hate we couldn’t get him especially that close to us but

May 26, 2018, 6:32 AM

Sometimes that happens when you’re loaded with talent

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Hate we couldn’t get him especially that close to us but

May 26, 2018, 7:52 AM

He knows he starts day one with the biddies. If he stays in upstate with our roster there are no guarantees.

May 26, 2018, 7:55 AM

Good for the yard birds. This will be the only win they get over us for at least 4 more years. Recruit wise, We can't get them all when we already got them all.

May 26, 2018, 8:04 AM

Shuck. Good luck at USC...you’re going to need it against us.

May 26, 2018, 8:17 AM

He is at an age that he probably developed a preference for schools during the Spurrier era. In 10, hopefully, we will still be reaping the benefits of our current success. I don't like the choice, but would guess that it stems from choosing the school that he grew up liking.

I hear our coaches looked at him like Huggins

May 26, 2018, 8:48 AM

and Wynn. They think he’ll out grow DE and be a more natural fit at DT. He wanted to play DE and did like the Clemson coaches take on him. So he’s going to the school that’s going to give him what he wants.
It’s not much different than Edwards and Ortre Smith.

May 26, 2018, 9:21 AM

"They just got XT, KJ Henry, Mascoll from last years......you'll play from day 1 here" - Muscoot. Simple case of them benefiting from our stellar recruiting just like how they got the wrs we were stacked at.

May 26, 2018, 9:32 AM

I know you guys hate to admit it but Muschamp is building a team here the same way Dabo built your, through recruiting. Once you land the first blue chipper others start to pay close attention. Hillinski, who will end up as one of the best QB's in the country, and now Pickens has players like Crouch and (long shot) Steele giving us real consideration.

I've said it before here but IMO the rivalry is much better when both teams are good. Muschamp is building something here and it won't be long before we will be competing for the SEC and state championship.

Recruiting is one thing. Still have to coach 'em.***

May 26, 2018, 9:56 AM

Re: Recruiting is one thing. Still have to coach 'em.***

May 26, 2018, 10:05 AM

You know that the defense will be well coached. We all know that the offense is in wait and see what McClendon and Werner can do. Personally I was unsure of the McClendon promotion to play caller until Muschamp hired Dan Werner as QB coach and mentor for McClendon.

May 26, 2018, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star DE chooses Gamecocks over Tigers ]

Dude Dabo was getting more than just 1 5*. Its going to take more than that. Go back and check. And we got very high rated 4* to go with the 5*. One 5* does not compare with what Dabo built. Let me know when Chump brings in a baller with the impact of a Sammy Watkins.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2018, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star DE chooses Gamecocks over Tigers ]

They get 1 5* player in how long? and you think that's enough to admit they are catching up LMAO...Clemson has been getting 5-7 top 100 players every year for the past 6 years. That's the dif between the two schools. We're use to it and y'all bust a nut when you get one! And act like they are on our level. That one you get could be a bust for all you know, its not like Muschump has a great track record of getting the best out of those so-called great recruits he's had in his career. Go sit down somewhere with your hopeful over excited for nothing a$$. When he does this year after year and gets past an Outback bowl....then talk like you got alil bit of sense.

I'm going to say this here and it may not sound like

May 29, 2018, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star DE chooses Gamecocks over Tigers ]

i'm making much sense, but your team will beat Clemson again in football long before they even win the division in your conference... and don't put your life on hold waiting on that win over Clemson... I see three more with TLaw, and then at least 3 more with Taisun... that's a dime easily, y'all will rarely out-recruit Clemson or Georgia, and if McIllwain is worth his salt, you won't out recruit Florida either, so the wins are going to be hard to come by to beat us or your conference division mates...

May 26, 2018, 10:50 AM

That tells ya how much control Mom had in this situation!!!

May 26, 2018, 11:44 AM

NO surprise here!
When I first saw the article about the offer I thought.....Nope, looks like gamecock material to me.
I am sure he has a lot of talent but I hope he makes his education top priority.
Is Home Economics and Bachelor Living really a degree there? ????

May 26, 2018, 11:52 AM

Maybe they were waiting for the bag man to bring That Bag full of bag man treats!!!

May 26, 2018, 2:02 PM

This and Belk kinda smells.

He would had been a good.....

May 26, 2018, 7:19 PM

pick up for clemson, but..
He's far from the Only good DE out there folks.

May 26, 2018, 9:56 PM

Seen him play . Might be a good young man but soft. Don’t need him. Let him leave God’s country and go that.cespool in Columbia. P......y

May 26, 2018, 11:51 PM

Good luck to the kid, but will probably feel like most who choose USuCk:

With their QB and OL he should get a lot of playing time

May 28, 2018, 8:46 AM

A LOT of playing time. # Game on / Never Again

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive