Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That offensive pass interference flag was the death nail
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

That offensive pass interference flag was the death nail

Jan 14, 2020, 9:48 AM

I'm not going to argue it was or wasn't, but I'm just saying when that TD was taken from us it was pretty much over. Had the TD stood we would have been right back in the hunt. Not saying our defense would have been able to slow them down either but we would have back in the game. When that TD came off and was followed up with Trevor not being able to get a completion you knew it was slipping away going into the 4th.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it was over earlier than that.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:51 AM

Yes, it would have made the score a little closer. But, we couldn't get a stop. Kendrick was picked on all night. We had the opportunity to get back into the game with their first drive opening the 2nd half, but we sputtered. We should have scored then.

Re: I think it was over earlier than that.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:57 AM

You're right but I'm saying we still had time at that point to catch them with that TD if our defense was somehow able to miraculously make a couple of stops. After that flag, you could almost just go to bed.

which is exactly what my wife did.

Jan 14, 2020, 10:18 AM

down 10 pts with just over 11 minutes and the momentum of a 42 yard pass play would have been a much more favorable situation, but everything else is still woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:58 AM [ in reply to I think it was over earlier than that. ]

Couldn’t get a stop? We stopped them seven times. We wasted our opportunities. Go Tigers!!

Jan 14, 2020, 11:08 AM [ in reply to I think it was over earlier than that. ]

It wasn't just Kendrick that got picked on, Terrell did as well.

I never for the life of me understand why DBs don't get their heads around on passes. The one where Kendrick simply tackled the guy could've been picked off easily.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There were several terrible calls/no calls that

Jan 14, 2020, 9:55 AM

may have impacted the game. Hard to say whether or not it would have affected the outcome. I have stated my concerns over poor officiating before, but I have to give LSU credit for last nights' win, and will not make excuses.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

was talking to my gamecock cousin this AM

Jan 14, 2020, 10:19 AM

he said it was kinda similar to their game against florida, they got no help at all from the refs, but at the same time didn't play well enough to win, so it's kind of a moot point.

Re: That offensive pass interference flag was the death nail

Jan 14, 2020, 9:56 AM

The PI and Skakski getting toss did us in, but yes, you are right, wouldn't have mattered it was LSU's night for sure

Jan 14, 2020, 10:00 AM

those calls were obvious made just to make the Ohio State fans feel better.
They were still upset about our game. These calls made them feel better about themselves and can now get on with their lives in beautiful grey wintery Ohio as a not even top 2 team in the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yep, definitely. We had to have points on that drive if we

Jan 14, 2020, 9:57 AM

were going to have any chance. That one really hurt.

Even if we add the 14 taken; we still lose by 3

Jan 14, 2020, 10:00 AM

Hats off to Bayou Bengals; They did what they needed to do to win the game. They were the team of destiny this year.
I have sun glasses on because our future is bright!
We win the national championship every other year anyway so here's to another championship in 2020!

Jan 14, 2020, 10:03 AM

Death knell indeed.
IMO those Pac12 officials were simply over their head.
Their PI calls and no-calls were horribly inconsistent.

I hate the targeting call. Hate it. But in terms of "death knells", that really may have been it. Felt the same way about the targeting call against OSU. That rule needs to be changed.

the Targeting Rule does need to be changed

Jan 14, 2020, 10:09 AM

Make it a personal foul penalty but eliminate the ejection if it was done without malice.

Jan 14, 2020, 10:13 AM

Higgins puts both his hands on Vincent's shoulders and pulls in the direction Vincent eventually fell. Easy call and you'd be defending it if it was the other way around.

Jan 14, 2020, 10:29 AM

at a minimum, I thought they could have called off-setting and re-played the down. But yes the falling probably forced the flag. The call on Fulton vs. Ross was less egregious and they threw that. Inconsistent night for the refs, but it was LSU's night regardless

Not an easy call...ref had bad vantage point....

Jan 14, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: That offensive pass interference flag was the death nail ]

LSU guy has hands on WR...never turns around....they exchanged tugs....
It was CLEARLY a no-call.
Especially when they leave the ‘push-off’ alone on Chase’s first TD....go back and watch that one.
Refs were trying to appease the jilted Saints fans with the call on Tee.
Insert Obligatory ‘we still would have lost and congrats to LSU’ here....but we can still call out a bad call for what it is.

Re: Not an easy call...ref had bad vantage point....

Jan 15, 2020, 7:36 AM

That's the worst excuse I've ever seen thrown out. Trying to appease jilted Saints fans? Why would college refs at a college game try to make up for professional refs at a professional game? So are you saying any Louisiana team at any level that won after the Saints loss was tainted because all refs everywhere are focused on making sure that Saints fans are happy?

It was in jest...but the main point...

Jan 17, 2020, 10:57 AM

is that it was CLEARLY a no-call...or maybe an off-setting call if you want...and was inconsistent with what was called the rest of the game.
Again...we can all say ‘LSU was better, congrats to them’ and criticize certain officiating calls...that’s not excuse making, it’s just calling it like it is.

Re: Not an easy call...ref had bad vantage point....

Jan 17, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Not an easy call...ref had bad vantage point.... ]

Can't be a NO-Call when Higgins grabs the DB's jersey with his left hand and pulls him down. Automatic, called every time OPI. No debate if that is seen by the ref.

Obvious that Higgins gained an unfair advantage by his grabbing and pulling. That is what PI rules are written to prevent/punish. ALthough we constantly see various levels of back & forth allowed, depending on the individual making the call.

Jan 14, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: That offensive pass interference flag was the death nail ]

DB got hands on Higgins first, at that point it's best man wins.

That's clearly LSU bias showing through

Jan 14, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: That offensive pass interference flag was the death nail ]

The defender fell backwards and there was never any arm extension. Tee certainly didn't pull him down as he fell the opposite direction. There was hand fighting both ways, the defender got tingled up and fell and Higgins caught the ball for what should have been a TD. It probably looked like PI to the ref in real time because he fell down. Without him falling to the ground I doubt anything gets called.

Re: That's clearly LSU bias showing through

Jan 17, 2020, 1:07 PM

Higgins did exactly that - grabbed the jersey and pulled him in the direction he fell. Watch the left hand.

Don't make that the escape coat for what was, in all

Jan 14, 2020, 10:25 AM

intensive purposes, a mute point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i just took it with a grade of slaw....***

Jan 14, 2020, 10:36 AM

Re: i just took it with a grade of slaw....***

Jan 14, 2020, 10:54 AM

I wish we had a LOL button. That was funny.

I think, ultimately, that the loss

Jan 17, 2020, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Don't make that the escape coat for what was, in all ]

to LSU will prove to be a diamond in the skies. We'll be hungrier than ever next year.

You just landblasted him.***

Jan 17, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Don't make that the escape coat for what was, in all ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It's death knell.

Jan 17, 2020, 10:22 AM

Historically, in England a church bell was rung to signify the death of a significant person.

No nails involved.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 17, 2020, 10:35 AM

PAC whatever officials working for the SEC made sure when we were fighting back that we would lose by nailing Skalski...that was the turning point...he was our leader on defense and the play caller and when he left defensively we left...really didn't play anyone who could replace him! The PI was a big call...just as the hand touching out of bounds but getting rid of Skalski did it...him gone was forever! Don't fret...we will be back...the Pelicans will not!

Jan 17, 2020, 10:46 AM

Jan 17, 2020, 10:59 AM

IMO it was over when Nolan didn't catch that pick 6. Had he caught that and we go up 32-28 the entire game from momentum, morale and play calling on both sides changes. We likely give ETN the ball in the 4th if that pick 6 happens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 12:26 PM

the Clemson air definitely left the dome... sh*t call but followed the entire night of swimming upstream... We should have gotten ETN in the game more, he was running the best I have seen all year, middle of the field was wide open all night.... no receivers in the middle of the field, no crossing routes, everything to the boundary...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its not whining or making excuses to examine that call...

Jan 17, 2020, 12:55 PM

...they were both hand fighting, defender had no idea where the ball was, Tee makes a momentary grab of the jersey which they ALL DO ALL THE TIME. To me, that was a real injustice to take the game away from the players for something as small as that. I mean, taking a TD away is huge in that situation. Did not equal the infraction.

AND for the record, When jefferson pushed off AJ on the long TD pass I agreed that no call was the right call.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic