Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we win it all this year again, please add Dabo to ring
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

If we win it all this year again, please add Dabo to ring

Sep 18, 2017, 10:20 PM

Of honor immediately. No question.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we win it all this year again, please add Dabo to ring

Sep 18, 2017, 10:22 PM

In Good Time ....sir

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

What a weird thing to insist on. Why?

Sep 18, 2017, 10:26 PM

First of all, he doesn't meet the criteria, which specifically states:

1) A candidate must be a member of the Clemson Hall of Fame...

2) For a coach to be nominated, he or she must be retired from coaching that sport at the college level.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205530924

He meets neither of these criteria. If he wins another national championship (and almost certainly even if he doesn't), and he meets the requirements, I have no doubt he will be in the Ring of Honor, until then, there's no need to discuss it. Are you worried he'll leave if we don't do that? Are you worried people will question whether or not we respect him or his accomplishments? It's silly.

null

Re: What a weird thing to insist on. Why?

Sep 18, 2017, 10:32 PM

I think he deserves it. You don't? Are you that dumb? Course he does. Stop acting like only your opinion matters. They have made criteria exceptions before. He deserves it almost as much as anyone up there for what he has done for this program.

And u can insist on whatever I like and I don't need your approval. What a jerk.

Whoa. Okay...you're obviously very invested in this opinion

Sep 18, 2017, 10:44 PM

and clearly gave it a lot of thought.

No one said you couldn't have your opinion. My opinion is that inducting a coach to the Ring of Honor in clear contradiction to the criteria is silly.

Like William Munny said, "'Deserve's' got nothin' to do with it."

Who have we made exceptions for?

I think exceptions are foolish unless you have to. For example, you need to have earned a four year degree to get into the Ring of Honor, which is a commendable criteria. But what if Dabo wins six national championships, continues to run the program of the integrity he has, sponsors scholarships, graduates all his players, etc, etc, etc, but he had (and this is of course not the case) dropped out of Alabama because his family was broke and he had to go earn money for them to eat? Exception makes sense. An exception because you want him in the Ring of Honor now instead of when he's met the criteria? Why?

Anyway, please feel free to have the last word as you are clearly very emotional about this.

null

Re: What a weird thing to insist on. Why?

Sep 18, 2017, 10:32 PM [ in reply to What a weird thing to insist on. Why? ]

I think he deserves it. You don't? Are you that dumb? Course he does. Stop acting like only your opinion matters. They have made criteria exceptions before. He deserves it almost as much as anyone up there for what he has done for this program.

And u can insist on whatever I like and I don't need your approval. What a jerk.

Not a very Daboesque response

Sep 18, 2017, 10:50 PM

If you really want to honor him, ask your self "what would Dabo do?" And follow it.

I guaran #### tee it wouldn't be showing off your insecurities and calling people jerks.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic