Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: CFB analyst says "Clemsoning is now Ohio Stating"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

TNET: CFB analyst says "Clemsoning is now Ohio Stating"

Oct 23, 2018, 11:51 AM

CFB analyst says "Clemsoning is now Ohio Stating"

The lazy term "Clemsoning" is one of the most despised words by the fanbase of the Clemson football program. It's mostly a media buzzword from a pre-Dabo Swinne Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: CFB analyst says "Clemsoning is now Ohio Stating"

Oct 23, 2018, 12:06 PM

I can’t stand that dude

Fill In The Blank!

Oct 23, 2018, 12:07 PM

"Having Sexy Time with Your Sister is now Ohio Stating"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 12:15 PM

Whatever.....
Greg McDummy means nothing to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't stand him

Oct 23, 2018, 4:14 PM

He's awful on XM radio in the mornings and he's a terrible announcer. His long awkward pauses and UUUHHHH's are beyond irritating. He was an average QB on Saban's first Natty team; apparently that affords the ability to be a jack #### on radio and TV!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t see why there has to be a term for losing a game other than “lost”

Oct 23, 2018, 12:25 PM

Sometimes the better team just flat out gets beat. It happens in every sport. We were a better team last in terms of the whole season but during that particular game, we weren’t the best team. Syracuse was the better team that game and they won. They played better. It happens. This is why games aren’t played on paper. I used to like any show that was talking college football. I don’t anymore. I just watch the games. Listening to idiots trying to make a name for themselves by saying outrageous statements is not worth my time, including Game Day. I could care less about it or any other show.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Exactly. Sports personalities have lost their collective minds.

Oct 23, 2018, 1:18 PM

It’s like they believe their own contrived narratives and can’t stand when it is upended. So team A is SUPPOSED to beat team B. So what? It’s still a bunch of college guys playing a game. That’s it. This need to create a label was pathetic when they were doing it to us and it’s pathetic to do it to OSU. Purdue won. That’s it.

null

Re: I don’t see why there has to be a term for losing a game other than “lost”

Oct 23, 2018, 3:32 PM [ in reply to I don’t see why there has to be a term for losing a game other than “lost” ]

It makes me happy knowing that you're happy with your assessment of college FB talkers that talk most about nothing. For me personally, I love disliking them!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 12:25 PM

Pretty sure as the previous owners of the term we should be the one to decide the nickname. Someone else posted this late Saturday (I'll try to find a link) so I can't take any credit but I would like to nominate Bucknutting as the official term for getting blown out by substantially inferior opponent

Oct 23, 2018, 12:36 PM

I don’t post often at all. But I’ve been a regular reader since the early days of tigernet2. IMO, as good as it may feel to want to embrace this and rub the buckhole’s noses into it, the reality is this is just more lazy journalism. And any type of this “labeling” isn’t warranted on any team.
Not only does this irk me that once again our name gets brought into this, but the majority of college football teams at this point in the season have lost a game or two that they shouldn’t have, just as last year and the year before. All it means is that some teams were overrated and some teams had a bad day...and that’s all.
We should all extend our collective middle finger toward this type of media nonsense not only for disrespecting us but for trying to drag another program through the mud. Let the kids play the game that love.

well said, irks me too***

Oct 23, 2018, 2:00 PM

Oct 23, 2018, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: CFB analyst says "Clemsoning is now Ohio Stating" ]

The WV game is what actually got us labeled with Clemsoning, it was a bad night and a bad game for us, and I blame Kevin Steele and Dabo for that shellacking but, I was glad that Dabo had the nuts as our Head Coach and firing Kevin Steele for not making adjustments to stop the bleeding. And mostly bc Steele was ready to put the fault on our players when he was getting paid to take 100% of the blame. It was always said that Steele had a complicate defense to learn, and there were signs during the season that our guys wasn't grasping what he was teaching, and that tells me that he couldn't teach his own defensive scheme!!! That same season we gave up 27 points to Wofford, 38 points to the tar hole, 28 points to Wake, 45 points to Maryland, 31 points in a loss to GT, 37 points in a loss to NCST, 34 points in a loss to the coots, and 70 points in an embarrassing loss to WV that the FB world called Clemsoning. Kevin Steele's Defense gave up 365 points for the 2011 season. I do wonder how did he ever got anther job as a FBS D-1 DC!!! Dabo has made two great firings as HC, #1 Rob Spence, #2 was Kevin Steele!!! Go Tigers, and good riddance to both of those run out of Clemson coaches!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Buck Eyeing!!!

Oct 23, 2018, 1:06 PM

Buck Eyeing!!! A bunch of NUT!

I'd call it Bucking Up or Clusterbucking***

Oct 23, 2018, 1:12 PM

Greg is still an a$$...It could just as well be known as

Oct 23, 2018, 1:12 PM

Bulldawging...Them losing to us in the CFP was not the same as them losing to MSU/Iowa/Purdue either

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greg "G-Mac" McElroy is one of the BIGGEST

Oct 23, 2018, 1:13 PM

D### HEADS on earth

#### that guy

null

Oct 23, 2018, 1:16 PM

That picture is a photoshop waiting to happen...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a fan of that in any context with any team

Oct 23, 2018, 1:24 PM

It's the stupidest thing these talking heads have come up with. EVERY team loses unexpectedly at times - Alabama, Ohio St, us - EVERYONE. We lost. That's all anyone needs to know. One game out of 8 doesn't make a pattern. 2 out of 20 doesn't make a pattern. Call it "consistency" or "getting over the hump" or "playing to your potential rather than your opponent" - but all of this is just so stupid and designed by these media brats to get a rise out of a particular fan base. Absolutely stupid.

Oct 23, 2018, 1:25 PM

I had poasted this last night. The wiggle by Joey goes nowhere, imo.

Clemsoning

Oct 23, 2018, 1:37 PM

Means Losing is between slim and none, and slim just left town.

OSU means trying to win at all cost and coming up short

McElnutjob, comment on SEC only you homer

Oct 23, 2018, 1:45 PM

he needs to be hired on with Paul Stinkbaum, that way we can tune him out completely.

Ohio State got crushed, what does "that" term have to do with anything. It is in the past, leave it there and maybe get in tune with 2018 since you seem to be missing a lot of good football being played by the Clemson Tigers.

Of course this is most likely written out of fear that his beloved Alma Tomater will have some competition this year. Go Tigers!!

I forgot about that word. How does anyone remember it?***

Oct 23, 2018, 1:46 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 1:51 PM

Wonder if when he was 18, 19, 20, 21 he ever failed to perform to his level of ability while at alabama? As much as I dislike Ohio State and their being given the benefit of a doubt (same with Notre Dame, and others) every year when they have marginal schedules at times, etc...and as much as I definitely dislike Urban Meyer's style, no team of college age young men that go out and work hard 12 months per year and make sacrifices for their passion to play college football should ever be labeled like that. Ridiculous that ever came up in the first place in college sports.

I occasionally listen to McElroy on XM radio in the mornings

Oct 23, 2018, 1:53 PM

and he's one of the most ignorant CFB pundits around, rivaling Desmond Howard.

He knows a lot about the SEC and absolutely NOTHING else. He's constantly exaggerating and speaking in hyperbole and clearly doesn't watch teams outside of the SEC. You can literally hear him pull up stats on the air and then start pontificating about teams' trends and strengths by extrapolating stats. He's a moron.

Urban-ing***

Oct 23, 2018, 2:03 PM

Oct 23, 2018, 2:46 PM

Shortness is now “height impaired.”
Baldness is now “follicle impaired.”
Clemsoning is now “Buckeye-ing.”
Move forward, embrace the new.
Forget the old!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

O-HI-O Stating - has a ring to it***

Oct 23, 2018, 3:18 PM

Oct 23, 2018, 3:27 PM

Buckeying suits them much better IMO!!! :)

Tigernet got caught in their own spam filter LOL

Oct 23, 2018, 3:33 PM

change the ###'s in the url to what you know it is

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 9:30 PM

Pollack's on cfb live: "First of all Clemsoning means going to the playoff every year and winning a national title, there's lots of people that want to be clemsoning"

It's bad when it shocks you that these talking heads say something that makes sense.

Oct 27, 2018, 9:47 AM

One word to describe OS: OVERRATED

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic