Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Norte Dame is the Donald Trump of college Football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Norte Dame is the Donald Trump of college Football

Jul 28, 2015, 9:34 AM

Baseless arrogance. Legends in their own minds. Generally reviled by the majority. Headed for a fall.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Baron"...what an astute observation! Point!

Jul 28, 2015, 9:43 AM

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

78Domer in

Jul 28, 2015, 9:48 AM

1 2 3

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Golden Domers?***

Jul 28, 2015, 9:50 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they smell funny. They make me want to completely turn my

Jul 28, 2015, 10:10 AM

Back on my Irish Catholic upbringing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

They are extremely nice to visiting fans in South Bend***

Jul 28, 2015, 10:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are extremely nice to visiting fans in South Bend***

Jul 28, 2015, 10:47 AM

Ah, a post from someone who has actually had dealings with people from ND. How refreshing.

I never liked ND too much, but I've come around a bit

Jul 28, 2015, 11:03 AM

Since I live in Chicago, the only times I can easily go see Clemson is when they play in South Bend. I've been over there for every basketball game and for one baseball series since ND joined the ACC. I also went to the ND/ Wake game the year ND went to the championship. All the people who work for ND were great, and the fans didn't give us too hard of a time either. In fact, when we were trying to find the baseball field, we asked a girl walking on campus where it was and she offered to ride with us over to the stadium. We ended up offering her a beer and she tailgated with us for a little while.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I never liked ND too much, but I've come around a bit

Jul 28, 2015, 11:13 AM

> Since I live in Chicago, the only times I can easily
> go see Clemson is when they play in South Bend. I've
> been over there for every basketball game and for one
> baseball series since ND joined the ACC. I also went
> to the ND/ Wake game the year ND went to the
> championship. All the people who work for ND were
> great, and the fans didn't give us too hard of a time
> either. In fact, when we were trying to find the
> baseball field, we asked a girl walking on campus
> where it was and she offered to ride with us over to
> the stadium. We ended up offering her a beer and she
> tailgated with us for a little while.

I think that is typical of how visiting fans are treated at ND. IMO, that's how things should be. We all root for our schools, but there is no reason to be hostile. That's not to say that you can't have a bad encounter at ND. There are bad apples wherever you go. Glad you have enjoyed your trips to ND.

I was born in Kalamazoo. Still have relatives

Jul 28, 2015, 11:39 AM [ in reply to I never liked ND too much, but I've come around a bit ]

In Michianda.

Majority of my relatives like nd. In fact, i don't knew any that don't. Tons of thier neighbor's. . Been to nd a couple times in my youth. All good people.

I hope nd loses every football game they ever play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Likewise - I live near SB

Jul 28, 2015, 12:18 PM [ in reply to I never liked ND too much, but I've come around a bit ]

Grew up rooting against Notre Dame but have softened my stance somewhat. On occasion I do pull for The Irish. Attend a couple of home FB a year and a handful of hoops/hockey/baseball. My wife's family has pretty strong connections with ND and its associated schools in the area (Holy Cross and St Marys) so it is natural that I've had ton adapt to keep the family happy. Its ok for me to pull against ND, I just can't be a ####.

The fans that I associate with are pretty rational and realize they don't have the built in advantages of decades past and that consistent glory is most likeluba thing of the past. Bit they do have pride. Almost all are alumns and I find that they have their heads on straight for the most part. On occassion they will talk about academic rrquirement s preventing them from being all powerful but whatever - let them have this to fall back on.

Fans don't talk a lot of smack. Those that do are typically your Wal Mart fans who bought the T-shirt.

I find UNC fans to be much more dooshy and arrogant. I went to the UNC v ND last year and UNC fans were ##### - especially when they grabbed the lead early.

Re: Norte Dame is the Donald Trump of college Football

Jul 28, 2015, 10:30 AM

haha did you listen to that Shutdown Fullcast as well?

Jul 28, 2015, 10:46 AM

But he's gone win!

At least that's what I'm telling myself so I can feign outrage and go on and on about "where this country is headed" when he inevitably loses.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

ND is actually no different than our

Jul 28, 2015, 10:48 AM

current President, which is a better analogy.

Good list though (baseless arrogance. Legends in their own minds. Generally reviled by the majority, Headed for a fall).

At least Trump is successful at something (business). ND hasn't done squat in decades.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame is the USFL of College Football

Jul 28, 2015, 11:54 AM

Guess what Donald has to do with that league?

Jul 28, 2015, 12:04 PM

As long as ND has that NBC deal, they have the ability to be that arrogant. IMO, I've never found ND fans to be that awful. They generally seem to know more about the rest of CFB versus your average SEC honk, who probably doesn't have a clue as to the physical locations of schools like Stanford or Syracuse.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic