Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 822

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jun 24, 2019, 7:58 AM

Friday, up early to head down to Fla for my cousin's wedding. A great time catching up with my Uncle's whose wife passed back in October.

Saturday, wedding. A very nice time, fun had by all.

Sunday, lunch at Whataburger and get on the road. Back in by 11ish.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good

Jun 24, 2019, 8:05 AM

Fri - Went fishing in the morning on Hartwell, didn't catch much, VBS celebration at church

Sat - Went to in-laws to play at the lake. Sat night took fam to work event for rides/games, skipped the fireworks

Sun - Church in the morning, had MsJr 1 year old birthday party at the house, back to church used my larger frame to push around middle-schoolers in basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Edit

Jun 24, 2019, 8:10 AM

Took a pic of this Coast Guard boat because twin diesel outboards and cool lookin trolling motor for Ineligible user® and Lakebum1® to discuss

Edited Edit

Jun 24, 2019, 8:11 AM
image000000.jpg(110.5 K)

Forgot to post the picture...

Thats pretty cool

Jun 24, 2019, 9:13 AM

I haven;t seen many large diesel outboards. They look like old Yamaha HPDI engines though that have been painted. I can't make out anything else on the cowling but "30", which could be a boat number or something else. What did it say on the cowling when you saw it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a Mercury 3.0 diesel

Jun 24, 2019, 9:21 AM

https://www.mercuryracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/2557_DieselOB_SS_NC1.pdf

An air force friend said the military is trying to move to

Jun 24, 2019, 9:30 AM

an all single fuel solution so that they don't need to have different fuel for different vehicles, planes and helicopters. I guess this is part of that initiative and makes sense. I've never seen one in the wild before though. I wonder how it runs on that boat?

Well in this instance here, it was running approx 65 mph and

Jun 24, 2019, 9:35 AM

burning zero fuel. Sounds pretty good, huh?

Can't beat that MPG***

Jun 24, 2019, 9:36 AM

It's got to be pretty light weight boat

Jun 24, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to An air force friend said the military is trying to move to ]

Probably cruises at something ridiculous like 1500 rpms

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point whoar***

Jun 24, 2019, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Edited Edit ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jun 24, 2019, 8:08 AM

Friday meh

Saturday meh

Sunday meh

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Jun 24, 2019, 8:08 AM

Bout did tho.

Spent most of last week working at Masion de Mer du Wilbur. Ceiling fans, drywall, painting, decorating, assembling furniture, dealing with Comcast on multiple phone calls, service calls and a store visit (buncha moronic bastages).

Sattidy, spent 5 hours driving up the Ohio Turnpike (aka I-26)- more moronic bastages.

Yesserday - got caught up on email for work, laundry, packed for a week in Hot-Lanta. Grilled USDA Prime strips. Opened a bottle of Rodney Strong Pinot. Twas quite nice.

5/10 (-8 for I-26, +3 for steaks)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: skrate up lazy

Jun 24, 2019, 8:11 AM

for all but 2 hours mowing grass yesstidy.

Friday was a Netflix and chill after ordering shrimp and grits from the local restaurant.

Saturday was recovering from too much drinking. All day lazy

Sunday was forcing to move, and grass was a foot tall. Hot out there! So glad I have a riding mower....

Thrilling

Jun 24, 2019, 8:28 AM

Friday: off work early to drive to Columbia to pick up my DOT Clemson national championship signs and then to Rock Hill for a day or so. Get to DOT, the receptionist has no idea where the signs are. The person I was emailing with was away for the day as was her co-worker. I was all like hey can I speak to their boss, I drove a decent distance to get here. Receptionist stares at me with a blank face. Hey, did you hear me. Her answer is: "It's Friday afternoon, a lot of people don't work on Friday afternoons." Folks, that there are our state employees.

Drove to York, hit the track at Winthrop to watch the kids run. Hotel and bed.

Saturday: got up back to the track, watched a few events and headed back, Van Wyck has never looked so beautiful as it did on this sunny Saturday. Home crash, went to bed early

Sunday: up, watched some feetsball and a Cameroon meltdown. Bought groceries, get in a lazy 2.2 miles and showered, Netflixed a bit and bed.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good

Jun 24, 2019, 8:38 AM

Friday night drank Eagle Rare and raided the fridge, as posted already.

Saturday went to lake. Swam. Drank beer. Hydroslid, tubed, and cut up fallen tree(s) with chainsaw. Ate BALD peanuts.

Sunday, was lazy in AM. Wife took kids to lake again. Trees were already cut and all hard work done, so I stayed home and trimmed our bushes, went to grocery story to ogle over women {OSF ;)}, oh and to buy food for the week for my family. Then went to go see dad. He had a shower yesterday and they had him up and watching TV in the common area. Was looking good. Didn't talk so well, and his hearing is all but gone. He doesn't like his hearing aids, because they're too loud, but can't hear without them.

Back to the grind in 25 minutes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Different....

Jun 24, 2019, 8:39 AM

Friday spent day with mrs. metiger. Saturday morning with her. Saturday evening Shealy's BBQ with my girls. I may have eaten too much. Sunday morning with wife. Sunday afternoon cut grass. Hauled pecan limbs to road. Today in room wit wife. It's going to be a hot day. Everybody stay cool.

Jun 24, 2019, 8:47 AM

Friday - Got unbanned but this place was embarrassingly depressing that day so I didn't post. went up to summerville to see the Vegabonds. they were pretty good but it was hot as lleh out there so we only lasted maybe 30 minutes. baby was getting over heated.
Saturday - took a load full of stuff up to our storage unit then went to go look at appliances. turns out me making fun of you guys for buying really expensive refrigerators has turned around on me because we are going to get one that costs $3600 --but its on sale right now for $2700.
Sunday - continued packing the house. it's pretty much packed except for the every day essential stuff.

The Vegabonds were at the Whitewater Center in Charlotte

Jun 24, 2019, 8:58 AM

Saturday. I had it circled on the calendar had that not been the date of our Supper Club gathering. Saw them at Free Range Brewery last year, and they're excellent. I'll definitely catch them next time through.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not to shabby

Jun 24, 2019, 8:52 AM

Fri - day off, got almost nothing done (relative to what I'd had on my list), pizza & beer @ the pool w/ neighbors & kids until well past when we're 'allowed' to be there. Ditched the wife & kids, went to neighbor's til 2:30am

Sat - slept til 10, see Fri's description for rest of the day, minus going to neighbor's house

Sun - long day of doing mostly nothing. Watched FTWD, and bed.

10/10

Sumptuously elegant.

Jun 24, 2019, 8:53 AM

Friday, took half day and went home to get some chores out of the way. Long hike with the pup to lavish in the glorious South Carolina humidity, then headed out to go set up for Saturday night Supper Club gala. Then to grocery store to pick up a few items for said aforementioned gala. Finally stopped at Hwy 55 Burger Shakes & Fries for quick dinner. Never tried it before, but a pal of mine swears it's the best burger in town. It was far better than the typical fast food burger, but 'best' was a stretch in my opinion. Home to knock back a couple of beers, including an ice cold Heady Topper, then bed.

Saturday, slept in as long as the pup would allow, then a nice morning stroll with her and a fair amount of coffee since I had plenty to do. Finished up chores, gathering of party paraphernalia (since we were hosting). Mid-afternoon, with everything in hand, sat down and watched a live Clutch show on YouTube and crushed a couple of warm-up beers. Then shower and dress, load the truck with all necessary party accouterments, and headed out to meet the caterer. Got everything ready for our 6:00 pm start, had a delightful 100th quarterly gathering of the Supper Club to celebrate 25 years of Supper Clubbing. Had a turnout of around 30 people (out of a guest list of 70 that had attended in the past). There were people on vacation, at weddings, health issues, or had moved out of town and logistics weren't favorable...but the core membership of charter members was all present and accounted for. Had a glorious time, yours truly won the Golden Fork Award for perfect Supper Club attendance over 25 years...the only person to have attended all 100 gatherings. Gala was over at midnight, cleaned up the room, and home to unload the truck.

Sunday, slept in as long as the pup would allow, major caffeine intake, then taking care of the catered leftovers, washing dishes, putting all of the party supplies away, then hauling remaining garbage over to RH Mom's trash bin after mine was completely full and drop off a healthy portion of leftovers (since we did use a close pal's restaurant that is one of her favorites). Back home to walk pup, then grocery store, the Big Chair for the rest of the day. Ate some leftovers and watched Hacksaw Ridge, crashed.

A lot of work to throw the party, but worth every second of it. The weekend was worthy of a perfect score on a scale that has yet to be invented because puny humans could not begin to comprehend it.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most excellent and thanks for asking.

Jun 24, 2019, 8:53 AM

Thursday- Woke up and didn’t have to go to work. Sat around like a lazy bum with the fam for most of the day. Learned a new card game for children that was pretty fun called “Taco cat goat cheese pizza”.

Friday- Ran some errands to prepare for a cookout on Saturday and received guests into my humble abode so that the boys could have a sleep over.

Saturday- Early morning, lost my friggin mind when I had been awakened at 1:00 am, 3:00 am, and then again at 6:00 am by boys having a sleepover and thinking it’s cool to sneak into the kitchen for snacks even though they had been fed plenty before bedtime. (It was way cooler when I did that as a kid. Not so much fun when you’re the adult trying to get rest.) Regrouped, helped a friend move with a brief pause for an apocalyptic storm, had a cookout anyways, and then stuffed my face.

Sunday- More kid stuff but got an hour in at the pool, consumed a couple cold beverages and made it home just in time to listen to the rolling thunderstorms pass through. Cooked sghetti for all while consuming more cold beverages and then crashed at about 8:00 pm to catch up on my beauty sleep.

10 of 10 would do again cause who doesn’t enjoy a 4 day weekend.

10/10......Weekends are the same as weekdays.....’Nuff Said***

Jun 24, 2019, 9:06 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2019, 9:21 AM

Fri - must not have been that special, nothing stands out

Sat - go to install new lamps in one of the fluorescent kitchen ceiling fixtures. Ballast is out. Fixture was not really installed properly from the get go to boot. Spend a majority of the day making trips to the store and fixing both lights so they are installed properly and in working order. Cracked a beer at some point towards the end and set it to the side while I finished up. It sat for a bit before I finished, so when I came back to drink it, it was about 3/4 full. Got down to the last sip and felt something in my mouth besides beer, so spit it in the sink and see a fly that had drowned in there at some point. At least I didn't swallow it, I guess. Head over to a friends house to hang out. His wife's family from West Virginia is in town to visit. Wow, people from West Virginia really are different and the stereotypes may be true.

Sun - cleaning up some more around my mom's house for upcoming renovation of two rooms. Supper at Pizza Joint.

Overall meh/meh I guess. This coming weekend will be better, other than having to spend $700 plus to have timing belt maintenance done on the Pilot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad

Jun 24, 2019, 9:27 AM

Friday-work, and then shot the neighbors high end pellet gun and a crossbow at targets in his back yard. I found out the crossbow isn't as easy to hit things as Daryl in The Walking Dead makes it seem. And it could have been the beer, or not enough beer, but my shooting prowess was not as good as usual. Neighbor lady skunked me.

Saturday-Nursed a hangover for a bit then went out on a friends 25' Center Console. I haven't thought of getting a new boat, but I'm toying around with the idea of buying this one if Lakebum1® doesn't. Twin engines, hardtop/Ttop, low hours, lots of options. Wouldn't be a bad boat to run from West palm to Bimini in. I'd have to borrow some money to do it so I'm not 100% feeling that at this point. Came home, wanted to go to Awendaw Green to see some friends band play but the rain kept us at home. Sat around the house and ended up listening to music in my shed until 3 am.

Sunday-nursed a much larger hangover until noon, ran some errands and went to the Southern to hear some folks play acoustic guitars for a while. Ended up eating Chinese food from the joint next door and crashing on the couch.

You could probably flip that boat and make some money

Jun 24, 2019, 9:33 AM

If he's still got it this fall it may be too tempting to pass up...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not really advertising it

Jun 24, 2019, 9:34 AM

Just if someone wants to buy it kind of thing, it might still be around then.

It would be a nice boat to run down to Florida and the

Jun 24, 2019, 9:55 AM

Bahamas. I saw an episode of Project Dreamboat where a guy had a little tent on the front of the boat, I think I could live in that for a week or so and just island hop.

Might be tough on the kid though***

Jun 24, 2019, 10:03 AM

I guess he'll have a choice to make

Jun 24, 2019, 10:11 AM

Go do cool/fun #### with dad, or be a couch potato like mom.

Bout like this

Jun 24, 2019, 9:27 AM

The world seemed to zig when I thought it was going to zag. I'm chuckling this morning about some of the #### that happened. No blood. No broken bones. It was all good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idA4NWlk-gc

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty Solid.

Jun 24, 2019, 10:04 AM

PHriday - Went to a Greenr concert, pheaturing Phish. Had phun. Drank beers and Mojitos. Dabbled in some Dab. During the show, our DD got barphing drunk/stoned. His girlphriend borrowed his phone to call us to help with him. During this, she phinds DM's on this phone to old girlphriends. Starts a huge phight. She drives all three oph us (my brother, drunk boyphriend, and myselph) home in dead silence. It was awesome.

Saturday - Slept unit noon. Woke up and worked on the excavator. Got it running and changed all of the fluids/filters. Went to my cousin's house and watched some baseball and drank lots of water.

Sunday - Woke up, had #####. Went to Mama's house in Camden. Went to visit my hippie aunt and uncle. Drank moonshine with them, drove UTV's, checked out his hippie cabana, talked cars, and played with his sheep. Came home, ate cookout, went to bed.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Just a second there, professor

Jun 24, 2019, 10:16 AM

Is "played with his sheep" a euphemism for sheepsegs?

No, you perv.***

Jun 24, 2019, 10:45 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

And after starting the day off right too. You'd think

Jun 24, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Just a second there, professor ]

wakeup sechess would mean the sheep could rest easy. NOT SO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2019, 10:09 AM

Friday: worked on old truck. Still will NOT crank. I think it is the starter.

Saturday: worked on the house. Long walk. Shopping with ms midland.

Sunday: a complete $hit$torm. Too long to get into.

I have a great weekend planned for this coming weekend to make up for this past one. Golfing with friends and family in Dirty Myrtle!!!

Normal-ish. And APM ain't complainin'.

Jun 24, 2019, 10:26 AM

After back-to-back weekends of Diddy PAW in ICU then Diddy's PAW's visitation and funeral, a routine, normal-ish weekend at home was much welcomed.

Friday - arrived home then unpacking, grocery buying, clothes washing, etc. after being away.

Saturday - got a nice run in, helped a dude change a tire, worked a few hours at the office catching up on admin stuff after being out so much. Then watched the USMNT and the Korean Zombie do their thing. Also watched a Netflix movie with Mrs. PAW.

Sunday - ran again, church in da mawn, YMCA in the early afternoon, then watched some Brasil vs. France wimmens, then read and to bed.

Today - back to trabajo.

Routine and normal-ish, which was fine by us.

10/10. DND.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2019, 11:07 AM

Less see. Friday I worked 8am-8pm b/c 3 out of 5 people in my dept were out of the office. After work I headed to Gville for the night. Made seches on my gf

Saturday I was up early af to take the kids to Anderson for their sail camp orientation which involved a swim test and capsizing exam. They passed both. Came home and did some homework for my photography class and then a buddy of mine that going thru a divorce wanted to crash on my couch for the night.

We watched a couple of episodes of Black Mirror. I've never heard of it before. Kinda werido stuff. Im sure Im late to the game and most of yall have seen it.

Sunday I got up and cooked sausage balls and had a lazy morning. GF came over around lunch time and we went shopping for a mommmer n em a birthday gift. I ended up spending on my self. Got home from that, took a nap, cooked dinner and finished up a project for the photog class. Went to bed and made more seches.

Did gf lick yer balls?

Jun 24, 2019, 11:10 AM

Your sausage balls that is?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

She wont touch them

Jun 24, 2019, 11:11 AM

too spicy

That

Jun 24, 2019, 11:12 AM

fucter.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

i went to eat

Jun 24, 2019, 11:24 AM

at an O'Charley's and got in a fight. I don't have behavioral issues or anything. just kinda lost my cool and stormed out.

some dude was writing in his journal as I left and uttered something about I had lot my mind.

Jun 24, 2019, 4:29 PM

Friday: Myfavjr. and I played play station some and threw the baseball.

Saturday: Worked til noon then took son to a birthday party in Hartsville, S.C. A lot of fun. Raining started time we were home. played phooshball (sp) and Pac Man before cooking.

Sunday: Worked til around 11. Picked up mom and son and ate dinner. Took son home to spend a few before taking him back to his mom's :( until Tuesday!! :) Played golf with best friend for first time in 25 years. A lot of fun.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 822
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic