Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else hate basketball as much as I do?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,460

Anyone else hate basketball as much as I do?

Mar 13, 2017, 10:54 AM

I wish we could have people care about baseball (A sport we have a real chance of winning a championship in) as much as they pretend to care about a lackluster basketball team that will probably never win any kind of championship.

It's really annoying. Were a C- team at best in an A++ league and I just don't get why people put so much effort into trying to act like they care and trying to get other people to kind of care and show up for games. How about we just save our ticket money for something else we can actually win a title in. Likeeeeeee soccer, baseball, football, table tennis, regular tennis, rowing or anything else we're actually competitive at.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else hate basketball as much as I do?

Mar 13, 2017, 11:03 AM

Nope. You're the only one. Work on that 'hate' thing that you have. It isn't healthy!

"Were a C- team at best in an A++ league"

Mar 13, 2017, 11:04 AM

$EC football mentality, except they think that makes them great.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Mar 13, 2017, 11:04 AM

The problem is that it's a big time revenue sport . Of course football is the cash cow but basketball revenues also help fund the nonrevnue programs . I wish the administration could see that a better than break even basketball program would bring in more money than this shell of a program we have now. We won't be a Duke or UNC in basketball because we emphasize football. They put their money into basketball. However there is no reason that the administration cannot raise the level of financial support in basketball and make the program the equal or better of the rest of the ACC. If you consider going to the NIT an accomplishment, your standards are too low. Basketball can be great here if we want it bad enough.

this is our one chance to steal our football money earnings

Mar 13, 2017, 11:14 AM

back from Duke, UNC, and the other parasites that profit like fat toads off of our football accomplishments. So we get to suck their blood a little, no harm in that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else hate basketball as much as I do?***

Mar 13, 2017, 11:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Mar 13, 2017, 11:17 AM

It's not a great product. The one and done deal is horrible. It used to be awesome when players hung around for at least 3 years.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Mar 13, 2017, 11:18 AM

Football is so much better.

Mar 13, 2017, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else hate basketball as much as I do? ]

Yeah, football is better because for now you have to be 3 years removed. That could be fixing to change with those rope a dope Football leagues popping up in cali etc. It could potentially ruin football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope.***

Mar 13, 2017, 12:06 PM

i love basketball. and i dont 'act' like i care... i do care

Mar 13, 2017, 12:13 PM

i've told this story before, but i have always been a bigger Clemson bball fan than football. The main reason is, growing up, my dad and I would always go to 8-10 games per year. We'd go eat at parcheesies (wish it was still around) and then head to the games. I'd get to stay up late and hang out with my dad. Some of my favorite memories came from going to those games. Lots of disapointing outcomes on the court, but it was always worth it going with my dad! It was during the Shyatt years, so we werent very good, but there was something special about those few times we did win (i.e. vs UNC when they were #1) and i guess i loved knowing clemson was always the underdog.

Anyways, NO i dont hate basketball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe it's the underdog mentality

Mar 13, 2017, 12:21 PM

but I'm probably as big of a basketball fan as football. The product isn't as good as when guys stayed in school, but it's still a great sport.

I think we're at a crossroads however. You can't spend what we just did on facilities and not go all in, something we've never been. We'll see how serious we're going to take it in the next 1-2 years

Re: Maybe it's the underdog mentality

Mar 13, 2017, 12:25 PM

Agreed!

Mar 13, 2017, 12:29 PM

To really determine whether or not you hate BBall, ask yourself if you would watch the games and not hate it if our team was #1 or in the Final Four a few years. I would have to admit that I would actually watch the games if we were better, and I thought we wouldn't choke almost every game unless we had a 20+ point lead in the final 3-4 minutes.

I guess what ticks me off is watching CLEMSON pay millions to someone that doesn't coach very well in the waning minutes of games. It happens too often for my comfort level. If the money came out of my pocket, then something would have to change.

But NO - I don't hate BBall. I just have a hard time watching failure after failure.

I don't - I just don't care. CBB is nothing more than Pro

Mar 13, 2017, 12:54 PM

Wrestling on wood. Outcomes are pre-determined.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,460
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic