Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Season in review: Grading the 2019 Clemson defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

TNET: Season in review: Grading the 2019 Clemson defense

Jan 24, 2020, 7:01 AM

Season in review: Grading the 2019 Clemson defense

Taking a look back at the 2019 campaign for the Clemson defense with analysis and grades on the standout performances and issues over the season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Season in review: Grading the 2019 Clemson defense

Jan 25, 2020, 9:51 AM

Fair! I think XT had the biggest disappointing season after showing so much promise last year. T. Davis was a huge surprise. Simmons was a beast! LB is going to be a work in progress next yr.

Re: TNET: Season in review: Grading the 2019 Clemson defense

Jan 25, 2020, 1:35 PM

We've recruited some monsters on defense the past three years. It's time for some of those players to step up. I'm looking at Andrew Booth, Xavier Thomas, and KJ Henry. Time to step that game up. The incoming freshman will hopefully push everyone to be better.

None of us expected for Terrell and Kendrick to be owned

Jan 25, 2020, 5:11 PM

in the championship game vs. LSU. More than any other factor or players on the team, their inability to cover man-on-man along with Burrow's pinpoint accuracy, resulted in Clemson having very little chance to win the game. Individual mismatches happen, and they happened in this game all game long.

You would think these mismatches would be unlikely to happen with TL16, Higgins, Ross and others practicing one-vs-ones with Clemson CB's. But that said, it's likely neither Ross nor Higgins has the speed to duplicate LSU WR's - they both look to be fast and talented possession receivers.

But perhaps this is something for Dabo and TE and BV to work on next year. Question for TNet -- what Clemson WR has the highest top end speed?

A speed WR who can create separation should be able to score virtually every other play against ACC one-on-one Defenses with TL16 throwing dimes and maybe even against quality playoff teams. Brady and Burrow made that lesson clear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: None of us expected for Terrell and Kendrick to be owned

Jan 25, 2020, 5:17 PM

Wasnt surpsing. They were owned due to our Dline.

Jan 27, 2020, 4:19 PM [ in reply to None of us expected for Terrell and Kendrick to be owned ]

Offense was also not able to sustain drives. The defense was on the field a whole lot.

Jan 28, 2020, 8:40 AM

Worst night of Lawrence's career, too. Couldn't seem to hit a bull in the backside with a base fiddle, and the it looked like he was pressing so hard. I hope, and believe, this was a great learning opportunity for our team. I suspect much was learned, and I bet the mistakes don't happen like that again. I expect us to be better this year than last year. Lots of talent returning, and hunger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2020, 8:45 AM [ in reply to None of us expected for Terrell and Kendrick to be owned ]

I would have dropped db's lower just because I still have images of the tarhole wr just running right by Terrell for an easy score.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic