Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,576

Dabo

Nov 28, 2012, 3:40 PM

I just wanna get a feel for how everyone feels about Dabo up to this point.

What should happen with Dabo?    [Results]

Nothing, he's done great things
Gone if loses to the coots next year
I can only take two more years of losing to the coots
Give him 3 more years
He should be out now & promote Morris
flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want to promote Morris***

Nov 28, 2012, 3:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can we talk bad about him until he stops abandoning the run?***

Nov 28, 2012, 3:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just for God's sake don't give him a contract extension

Nov 28, 2012, 3:46 PM

with a huge buyout, please!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This may be the first post of yours that I agree with.***

Nov 28, 2012, 3:48 PM

He needs to understand that 10-2 is not good enough when

Nov 28, 2012, 3:50 PM

it includes no victories over good teams and a loss to the coots. Clemson University is capable of having a top 10 program and it shouldn't take 8 years to get there. If we don't beat any top 20 teams next year and lose again to the coots, he needs to be put on notice, in my opinion.

Message was edited by: Smiling Tiger®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

This.***

Nov 28, 2012, 3:57 PM

None of the above?

Nov 28, 2012, 3:50 PM

I feel like he should of never been hired (Patterson anyone?) but since we got him now, no reason to ditch him. If we don't win the division this next year or the year after, it's time for him to move on.

Or if we only win 6 games next year because... lets say... Morris decided to leave....

I'm not particularly focused on beating the Coots. Win the ACC, win the Orange Bowl, and everything falls in place. Focus on the money and the national picture. Dealing with the ##### will handle itself if we can win BCS games.

My feelings for whether or not he keeps his job

Nov 28, 2012, 3:56 PM

hinge on more than whether he loses to the coots.

If we actually played a difficult schedule (I know that's big IF right now in a down cycle for the ACC), but let's say we scheduled all four OOC games against top ten teams, and he won 3 out of the 4 games but lost to SC. If we beat top ten teams like Alabama, Oregon, and LSU, but just lost that one game, then I'd still say he had a solid year.

The problem is not that he lost to SC this year, the problem is that we didn't beat anyone in the top 25. Unfortunately, we only had TWO chances, and blew second half leads in both those games due to a depleted secondary. However, I do think we're a couple of secondary injuries away from winning both of those games... If Jenkins, Breeland, or Robinson was healthy for SC, or even just one of them was healthy, I believe our coverage would have looked alot different. Same goes for the passes we gave up in the third/fourth quarters against FSU. What I'm more concerned with is a lack of lockdown CB recruits over the next couple of cycles. We keep missing on that position, and THAT IS THE WEAKNESS- CB's and pass rushing DE's. We need to fill those holes.

And if we do that, we will be in shape to beat anyone in the country- not just the sorry stinkin coots.

So basically we just need a coach for halftime speeches

Nov 28, 2012, 4:16 PM

because we had the lead going into the half in both games. We are in position to win the big ones, along with winning the games we are favored. It's just a bump in the road, but the program is headed in the correct direction.

Re: My feelings for whether or not he keeps his job

Nov 28, 2012, 4:24 PM [ in reply to My feelings for whether or not he keeps his job ]

I guess no one noticed how pathetically bad Robinson was.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, I agree with that

Nov 28, 2012, 4:39 PM

but I don't think moving Brewer back to corner and putting in Peters or Davis solved any problems either. I think we need to recruit lockdown CB's and get enough of a pass rush out of our front 4 so that we can play 7 in coverage and still rush the passer.

Re: Dabo

Nov 28, 2012, 3:57 PM

Get a life

Done a great job. Building a team the right way!!***

Nov 28, 2012, 4:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo

Nov 28, 2012, 4:52 PM

you just want to stir up trouble!