Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nolan Smith - April Fools Day Prank on UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Nolan Smith - April Fools Day Prank on UGA

Apr 28, 2018, 9:58 PM

Played for Calvary Baptist - Savannah, GA in 9th grade, high school home of Milan Richard, where he may have been best player in city as a 9th grader. Has been at IMG Academy since then at weakside DE opposite Xavier Thomas. Would love to wrestle this young man away from UGA and back in the arms of Thomas, Mike Jones, his IMG buddies, and make him part of the Clemson family.

Reference attached article. I know Smith continues to visit Tigertown. Hopefully, next time his UGA decommitment will not be a prank.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/5-star-nolan-smith-terrifies-georgia-fans-with-april-fools-de-commitment

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nolan Smith - April Fools Day Prank on UGA

Apr 28, 2018, 11:09 PM

F Gawja- who cares. Seems like everytime i read tnet there’s some poast about uga this or that. Yeah, f ing hate that uga is recruiting good or for thst matter anything good about uga.

If you want to read about them, then go stay on dawg poop nation or whatever it’s called. I pull for the coots every sport they play gawja in.

No, I don’t want a series with them. That’d only give them more exposure... yeah I wish kirby smart would eat #### and end up in the hospital for the whole year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2018, 1:01 AM

F Gawja- who cares. Seems like everytime i read tnet there’s some poast about uga this or that. Yeah, f ing hate that uga is recruiting good or for thst matter anything good about uga.

If you want to read about them, then go stay on dawg poop nation or whatever it’s called. I pull for the coots every sport they play gawja in.

No, I don’t want a series with them. That’d only give them more exposure... yeah I wish kirby smart would eat #### and end up in the hospital for the whole year.

recruiting good? I'd say Kirby's recruiting status is elite. And his last three classes will back that up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2018, 6:10 AM

Mark Richt was recruiting great too, it’s hard not to in a state that has that many good recruits that want to stay at home. Nobody wants to play for Paul Johnson and his quirky offense.

The problem is in 37 years y’all choke the big games big time with more talent. This year y’all should dominate in your conference, you won’t have to play anyone...lol but if you do make it to the sec title game you’ll lose again!

Message was edited by: HumbleServant®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 29, 2018, 7:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Nolan Smith - April Fools Day Prank on UGA ]

Y'all had a good run last year , and as Humble said you're strength is your divisions current state of weakness .
Man , that elite class and Kirby's coaching prowess just couldn't come up with a good second half of football , or y'all would be sporting a National Championship trophy from this century .

Better luck next time , huh ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 29, 2018, 8:59 AM

Y'all had a good run last year , and as Humble said you're strength is your divisions current state of weakness .
Man , that elite class and Kirby's coaching prowess just couldn't come up with a good second half of football , or y'all would be sporting a National Championship trophy from this century .

Better luck next time , huh ?

Yes we did, a great run. Not sure about the "choke" though. I guess you thought Simmons was off-sides as well. And don['t throw stones in a glass house....the ACC as a conference is a joke. Kirby's elite class was last cycle to be followed by another 20+ years of elite class. Kirby's not going anywhere and he's building a monster....last season is just the beginning.....sorry.

Apr 29, 2018, 9:10 AM

FSU what 4 years straight owning UF? Cards over Ky. Tigers slapping the coots silly again as you struggled mightily at home. Miami is better than UF as well. We get it.. Zzzzz

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2018, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Nolan Smith - April Fools Day Prank on UGA ]

Ok , then which " Elite " classes were you referring to when you stated the last three ? I guess it's convenient to say that his class that fell short against Bama wasn't elite ... or were they ? So Richt lost to Saban in that game ?

20+ years of recruiting at an elite level ? That what you think is going to happen ? I will give you 3 or 4 if you avoid the " Ole Miss " curse ... but 20 ?
Aside from the Coots , y'alls level of commitment to feeling great about mediocrity and all that it entails is second alone .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 29, 2018, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Nolan Smith - April Fools Day Prank on UGA ]

ACC is a joke? Then what does that make the SEC East and the majority of the SEC West? Last I remember you were still riding on the shoulders of Alabama. As far as I know nothing has changed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you meant to say SEC East didn't you...?***

Apr 30, 2018, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Nolan Smith - April Fools Day Prank on UGA ]

Apr 29, 2018, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Nolan Smith - April Fools Day Prank on UGA ]

Elite? LOL!! You struck out on Lawrence who's legit from your back yard. Fields looked very average at best in that interception party spring game. Poor consolation there. Watson set you back striking out with that offer too

C'mon back after Booth (in your back yard) commits! I'm liking what I'm hearing. That's ELITE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2018, 9:13 AM

Elite? LOL!! You struck out on Lawrence who's legit from your back yard. Fields looked very average at best in that interception party spring game. Poor consolation there. Watson set you back striking out with that offer too

C'mon back after Booth (in your back yard) commits! I'm liking what I'm hearing. That's ELITE.

I'd say signing "eight" 5-stars equals "elite." And if you think Fields is "very" average then we can just stop this conversation here........I'm sure Kirby was devastated that Deshaun Watson attended clemson over UGa....even though he wasn't on staff at the time. So devastated in fact that when he became HC at Ga he signed not one but "TWO" 5-star QBs in back to back classes....one of which just took his team to the natty......what a setback!

I sure do love me some taters and gravy!

Apr 29, 2018, 9:45 AM

Justin fields sucks and might be the most overrated recruit of all time. You definitely do not have an elite qb on your roster.

Apr 29, 2018, 11:02 AM

Justin Fields isn’t average. Regardless of the debate KB vs TL they are both good and in my opinion TL being better. With that said, I think Fields compares similar to KB. Excellent runner in space and a good thrower with shorts on in practice environments.

Based on spring game, like KB Fields isn’t a passing qb a la DW of what it appears Trevor is. Not a knock on Fields as I like KB, but they are in the same breath of talent as DW or what I think TL will be.

People that don't realize what is going on at UGA...

Apr 29, 2018, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Nolan Smith - April Fools Day Prank on UGA ]

have their heads in the sand. Over the next decade you guys will be a top 3 program in the nation. Clemson will be one as well.

Re: People that don't realize what is going on at UGA...

Apr 29, 2018, 11:03 AM

That’s assuming Kirby doesn’t get busted before then. I know for fact there was a recruit high on Clemson, ended up at UGA, and wanted cash from Clemson. Not saying I know UGA did but I know clemson didn’t and he didn’t sign here.

Apr 29, 2018, 2:48 PM

Just stop it. You don't "know" anything. This sounds as pathetic as when the Coots constantly attribute Clemson's recruiting success on some cash-flow church up there. Have a football conversation for crying out loud.

Apr 29, 2018, 2:53 PM

seems to me even colin cowherd knows something is going on in athens. i do know for a fact that the ncaa has been sent some stuff that may be interesting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2018, 3:16 PM

Kirby was a highly successful coordinator, groomed by the most successful coach in modern history. If he didn't recruit well at a place like UGA you'd say he sucks. When he does recruit well then you assume he must be cheating. Dabo was a moderately successful position coach who stumbled into the HC job at Clemson, which much like UGA, hadn't had a ton of national level success in recent history. Yet, Dabo manges to also kill it in recruiting and has 3 straight playoff appearances. Did he cheat to do it? Bet you don't think so. I bet you think he's a great recruiter. Is it possible Smrt is also a great recruiter? If Cowherd has some facts on UGA cheating he needs to lay it on the table. The easiest thing in the world to do it make accusations you can't or won't substantiate. Cowherd is the same guy who was certain Alabama was going to blow out UGA. Don't put a ton of stock in anything he says.

Apr 30, 2018, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: People that don't realize what is going on at UGA... ]

Read my comment. Didn’t accuse UGA of anything because all I have is speculation there. What isn’t speculation is what I know happened at Clemson. All I’m saying is the kid didn’t end up here and I’m glad he didn’t.

Apr 29, 2018, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Nolan Smith - April Fools Day Prank on UGA ]

I'd say signing "eight" 5-stars equals "elite." And if you think Fields is "very" average then we can just stop this conversation here........I'm sure Kirby was devastated that Deshaun Watson attended clemson over UGa....even though he wasn't on staff at the time. So devastated in fact that when he became HC at Ga he signed not one but "TWO" 5-star QBs in back to back classes....one of which just took his team to the natty......what a setback!

Last year and by the looks this year Uga is kicking butt on the recruiting trail but that being said they have not had a class below 15 since 2010 with several top 7 or better and what do you have to show for it? People forget we did not have any top 5 classes when we won the National Championship so there is a lot to do with how they are coached and how hard these guys will work. We will see how it all plays out but I am glad you like taters and gravy it has to taste better than the dog poop you have been eating since 1980.

Apr 30, 2018, 8:34 AM

Last year and by the looks this year Uga is kicking butt on the recruiting trail but that being said they have not had a class below 15 since 2010 with several top 7 or better and what do you have to show for it? People forget we did not have any top 5 classes when we won the National Championship so there is a lot to do with how they are coached and how hard these guys will work. We will see how it all plays out but I am glad you like taters and gravy it has to taste better than the dog poop you have been eating since 1980.

Yes, Richt always recruited well but not elite like Kirby. Mark Richt had no clue or "balls" to manage his roster.......what CKS has accomplished in two seasons is remarkable......He's now had 3 recruiting classes of his own....we're going places we haven't been in a while.

man how'd ya'll manage to lose that game??

Apr 30, 2018, 2:49 PM

its one thing to get beat like we did another to choke on your own vomit. Must be some disease only football teams from the state of Georgia get.

Re: man how'd ya'll manage to lose that game??

Apr 30, 2018, 8:25 PM

El Tigre 1 said:

its one thing to get beat like we did another to choke on your own vomit. Must be some disease only football teams from the state of Georgia get.

Impossible to beat Bama and the "refs"

Re: man how'd ya'll manage to lose that game??

Apr 30, 2018, 8:41 PM

In the words of your great Finebaum: “It’s Just Alabama & Clemson” right now. That’s reality!

Apr 30, 2018, 1:23 PM

This is so 4 weeks ago

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic