Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does winning the NC 2 times in the last 3 years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,319

Does winning the NC 2 times in the last 3 years

Jan 10, 2019, 2:32 PM

Make the ACC the best football conference? Asking for a friend?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No...it makes Clemson one of the best football teams...

Jan 10, 2019, 8:53 AM

The rest of the ACC can KMA !!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

well, the ACC is 6-5 in bowls this year

Jan 10, 2019, 2:37 PM

while the SEC only broke even at 6-6. So i'd say, yeah.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: well, the ACC is 6-5 in bowls this year

Jan 10, 2019, 3:55 PM

I think the ACC was 4-5 against the SEC this year:
Loses = Miami, Louisville (2x), GT, FSU
Wins= Clemson (3X) and Virgina

It is also worth noting that the SEC best teams beat some of worst.

Either way, we are the class of the ACC and the class of the SEC :)

Re: Does winning the NC 2 times in the last 3 years

Jan 10, 2019, 2:43 PM

Lets see here... since the start of the CFP

The ACC has 2 natty trophies
The SEC has 2 nattys
The B10 has 1 Nattys

So lets go to the tie-breaker as the last BCS NC.... since it was both a ACC and SEC team... and ACC wins. Give the Noles that credit as they were , sigh, good that year with all that crab meat.

Jan 10, 2019, 9:29 AM

No, but neither did Alabama winning two, or Saban winning make the SEC the best football conference. What made the SEC the best conference is the continual bias toward the SEC by eSECpn(ESPN).
Clemson and Bama stand head and shoulders above any of the other teams in either the SEC or ACC.
What is concerning, however, is that the SEC is seeing a bit of a comeback by Georgia, and Florida
while the news of a lawsuit against Taggart at FSU, and Mark Richt's departure at Miami might mean some fall off in power ratings in the ACC.
Just my take.

Jan 10, 2019, 2:50 PM

That was Saban winning 5.
Sorry about the typo.

Look. Unlike the coots and dawgs

Jan 10, 2019, 2:49 PM

If I hear the fan of another school try to take credit for clemson...I tell then to pound sand.

These conferences are necessary evils, but I'll be darned if I ever pull for duke... uncle, NC state, miami,fsu...etc.

I don't care if Duke wins 300 more NC in basketball,,, they are fans of their school... im a fan of my school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 10, 2019, 2:53 PM

No IT15. Clemson has become analogous to the NE Patriots. College football’s best team in a historically week conference (e.g. Miami, Buffalo & NY Jets $uck.)

Clemson and Bama are currently bigger than the ACC and SEC in the college football world. The other teams in their conferences and divisions may gain a halo effect from the champs, but it does not improve the other teams and conference reputations as a whole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No IT15. Clemson has become analogous to the NE Patriots. College football’s best team in a historically week conference (e.g. Miami, Buffalo & NY Jets $uck.)

Clemson and Bama are currently bigger than the ACC and SEC in the college football world. The other teams in their conferences and divisions may gain a halo effect from the champs, but it does not improve the other teams and conference reputations as a whole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HELLTOTHENO!!!!!!

Jan 10, 2019, 2:54 PM

I don't want a league full of elitist snobs taking credit for the titles this program won on the field. The ACC is a means to the title and they can be cannon fodder for all I care. They get a piece out the Football money we generate...that's enough

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,319
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic