Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowden Sunday Teleconference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Nov 5, 2006, 3:19 PM

Clemson head coach Tommy Bowden met with the media Sunday afternoon. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eleven straight is a load, I have to grant that...***

Nov 5, 2006, 3:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Giving Maryland more credit than I think they deserve.***

Nov 5, 2006, 3:22 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Nobody likes playing against Friedgen, nobody.***

Nov 5, 2006, 3:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Signed, WVa.***

Nov 5, 2006, 3:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. If you want to be a mediocre football program then

Nov 5, 2006, 3:36 PM

you might fear the turtle. Top tier programs do not. Rodriguez can't remember who Friedgen is. (Patrino maybe)

7-2, in control of their own destiny in the ACC going into

Nov 5, 2006, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Giving Maryland more credit than I think they deserve.*** ]

the second week of November and they don't deserve credit?

I think its safe to say that they are the better team between the two.......for goodness sakes they went into Clemson, with ACC title hopes up for grabs, and took the victory.

Both teams had everything to play for, motivation wasn't a factor. MD won. They are better.

Then why did they lose to GT and us crush them?

Nov 5, 2006, 3:39 PM

Why can't people admit that we didn't call the right plays to score in the red zone.

Home team won both games ...***

Nov 5, 2006, 3:45 PM

Why did Wake lose to Clemson, a team that lost to the

Nov 5, 2006, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Then why did they lose to GT and us crush them? ]

BC team they beat?

We should've beaten BC too. You're missing my point.

Nov 5, 2006, 5:32 PM

This team has proven they can win big games. The last two weeks we have not been the two dimensional team that we could be. I don't think Maryland is some world beater that legitimizes our loss.

Re: Bowden Sunday Teleconference

Nov 5, 2006, 3:26 PM

In the words of Tommy Bowden "Proctor's mobility, I thought one time he was a little passive. Had a six yard scramble when he fumbled. That was a positive gain. These teams that have a little better speed they close the gap a little quicker". Hogwash just another we didnt get it done speech, he will not admit that Proctor aint gettin it done, I dont understand, him and Proctors dad must be really good friends!

yep

Nov 5, 2006, 3:27 PM

i hate listening to him give teams too much credit. i know he tries to be humble but im sure he has to at some point think....how the heck did we lose to that mediocre team.

Re: yep

Nov 5, 2006, 3:38 PM

Why is Proctor still playing. Just because he stayed for 5 years doesn't mean anything. He was never good enough to play in the first 4 why should he play now. It is not fair to the rest of the team to let Will Proctor bring them down. People say the other quarterbacks are not ready to play yet. Am I the only one watching, or does it look like they can't be any worse than Proctor. We must do what is best for the team and not worry about hurting someones feelings!!!!!

You're not the only one watching, and I agree with you that

Nov 5, 2006, 7:40 PM

they could'nt play much worse than WP has 4 of the last 5(Temple does'nt really count).

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proctor is not the one bringing the team down, it's Spence's

Nov 6, 2006, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: yep ]

playcalling. Other than being a big wuss on that one play where he ran with the ball, I think Proctor played okay. Not great, but good enough to win. Rob Spence is just not allowing him to throw the ball downfield. Therefore, we are a one-dimensional team and the other team can just load 8 or 9 guys in the box and not have to worry about us burning them deep. If RS keeps calling the same plays he has the last 2 weeks, we will be lucky to win 1 of our last 2 games.

Things that Bowden, Spence say publicly and privately aren't

Nov 5, 2006, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Bowden Sunday Teleconference ]

one in the same. They're on their best behavior with the media. ex...Spence laid into Hines last year following the GT Tight end miscue that cost them the go ahead TD.

I don't understand why people get so upset when Bowden doesn't say, to the media ie..the public, exactly what they want to hear. What he says to the players and coaches is much more important.

Re: You have lost your mind

Nov 5, 2006, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Bowden Sunday Teleconference ]

Why would a coach belittle his starting QB? Proctor is the best we have, or else he would sit the bench. You think Bowden, SPence, Scott or anyone else would leave a player in if we had someone better to replace him?

Bowden has pride and a load of $ riding on winning the games. He wants to win them all. I'll leave it to the other geniuses on this board to debate whether Bowden is the man for the job, but to insinuate he's letting inferior players play is far fetched and insane.

Grow up. Clemson isn't as good as we thought. We're on our way there, but if you don't wanna ride the bus over the bumpy part, get off now. There won't be any room left later.

BRAVO -- YOU'RE RIGHT...

Nov 5, 2006, 6:31 PM

Coaches know better than ANYONE on these dumb boards... if we had a better QB, we'd play him. Period. If anyone beleives otherwise, then they have no grip on reality.
Get off the bus if a bumpy rides turns you negative. The rest of us don't want to hear it!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

If he is the best we have, then we've found the root of the

Nov 5, 2006, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: You have lost your mind ]

problem. But how do they know what Cullen or Tribble could do if they don't get a shot?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does anyone have a link to the audio?***

Nov 5, 2006, 5:47 PM

Re: Does anyone have a link to the audio?***

Nov 5, 2006, 7:50 PM

Tommy's been driving this bus for 7 years and it's been bumpy the entire ride. He's nothing more than a mediocre coach. The fact is he will never win more than 7 to 8 games a year, maybe 9 now that we are playing 12game schedules. Look at the teams we've had trouble with over the last few years....Wake Forest, Maryland, Boston College. What's the one thing they all have in common? Great coaches....the fact is Tommy gets outcoached in big games, if he doesn't have superior talent. Tommy's flat running out of excuses though. He's got the facilities, the recruits, good coordinators, so what's his excuse this year? Let me guess...injuries? Guess what that's part of football. My problem with Tommy is that he's too arrogant to ever admit that he gets outcoached. Suck it up, be a man and admit you weren't good enough to make the adjustments to win the game.

Nov 5, 2006, 9:54 PM

We did score a touchdown Tommy. The only problem is you only had ten men on the field!!! Remember the same thing happened last year. If your coaches can't count to 11 they should be fired! Please don't blame this on the players.

Nov 6, 2006, 8:26 AM

Bottom line..........we had high hopes the first half of the year and we found we're not as good as we thought. Disappointing to say the least. Without the 12 game season with a weak opponent added, we're potentially 7-4 yet again. But I love Orange and Purple. I'll be at the NC State game and the Carolina game rooting my heart out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2006, 8:29 AM

Everything fell into place for the Tigers this past weekend with Wake upsetting BC, everything except the Tigers winning. I'm beginning to feel like a Carolina fan. Next year! Wait until next year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2006, 10:01 AM

I watched the film as well. I, like most "arm chair coaches" I was critical of the players and the play calling. I thought all day about the lost and all night. I watched and the replay on CSTV Sunday and tried to figure out what went wrong. How can we can go from destroying GT, 10th in the polls, to going to out of the top 25. I tip my hat to VT, a better team that night. Maryland, enjoy the gift. Did Will have a bad game, (18-27, 251 yds, avg 9.3 and no INTS). He had better numbers than Sam Hollenbach(23-34, 247, 7.3, 1 TD and 1 int. What about rushing?143 not our usual, 250 plus, but we held them to 54 yds. Time of possesion went out way, one area that I saw might make me shake my head is Maryland hand 2 more first downs (16-18). The one area I hold me head down and point to his points in the red zone. Both teams were 100% inside the Red Zone, CU 4 field goals and Maryland 2 fgs and 1 td. There is the difference; POINTS IN THE REDZONE. CU moved th ball and got in scoring opportunity, the redzone. What did CU do different inside the redzone to not score. I have coached football and I do realize the play calling is different because the field is shortened. So I watcehd the game, 95% of the plays inside the redzone were runs, ver right ver left. The one pass that I recall was the swing pass to CJ on 3rd and goal in the 4th qtr after the TD that was called back. We, CU Coaches have to do soemthing different. If we are going to stand by the run, players need to execute and make the big block, stretch out the run. CU has not scored a TD in 7 quarters. We, as fans can not get down on CU, we as well need to rise up and be just as supportive as we were at the GT game. YES, we are all wondering what happened, confused, mad, and whatever else you may feel. We do have 3 games left, a chance to have a 10 win season. CU has not had a 10 win season since when?(1990). Coach B, has always challenged his players to make the play. We need to challenge ourself, not to give up and continue to cheer, OUR TIGERS on to a 10 game win season. CU Nation rise up, and m,ake a stand, Cadance Call CLEMSON TIGERS, fight tiger, fight tigers, fight, fight, fight.

Nov 6, 2006, 10:29 AM

I am not finished being negative yet. Why do we look like the same old Clemson? We were tricked into thinking this was going to be a special year. We just won our normal games at a different place in the season. I am not going to be bragging about a 10 win season with the added game being FAU or Temple. I just don’t think our coaches are getting the job done and its time for some more changes. Rob Spence isn’t the second coming either. He calls the same plays over and over and is VERY predictable. I heard Larry Coker was available...

Nov 6, 2006, 11:07 AM

Coker, sure. When we hire him, make sure we go out and hire Bail Bondsmans, attorneys, and other positions that work with criminals. Becasue you were turn CU into a "thug city".Coker can not control his players, what a leader. What university has been penalized with unsportsmanlike conducts more than anyone else in the country? MU. I do agree with on this, the play calling is very predictable. We must change something. We have to many good ath. to be at 7-3,4-3. But again, we was the last time CU has had 10 wins? I would like to know, I can not find it. Who did CU play 1990, and who were their wins against? Are we where we should be? NO.

Nov 6, 2006, 11:04 AM

I'm sick of the "didn't get it done" speeches! And for TB to say:
"Two good teams in a tough conference. And it came down to one team making one more play. Now we have to take the good things we did and translate it into a win. Don't have to reinvent the wheel."
Sounds like more excuses. The play calling was SOOO predictable. Send in Reggie on pass plays. I don't to reinvent the wheel. I just wish the offense would stop using bias-plies and start using radial tires!!! No sweeps, no screens, no outside running. I thought we learned that running into a wall of 14~15 bodies is a really hard thing to do! Overall, I just see some very lac-luster play calling as the main problem...NOT, "just have to make one more play and translate into a win" What a bunch of BS! Put blame where it's due! You were out-coached again!! I'd sure feel a heck of a lot better if you came out and said that!!!

Nov 6, 2006, 4:40 PM

Hats off to VK and his defensive unit. When you hold your opponent to 13 points, you should win the game. Can't blame him for the VT game either, when an offense goes 3 and out 10 times, your defense tires, no matter the depth. Bravo VK. It seems you're our only hope for the next two games. Our offense is very predictable, I don't look for us to score a lot of points. Not a slam, just a fact. GO VK!! Go Tiger Defense!! Go Clemson!!

Bye the way, 10 wins is 10 wins. I hate the losses, but I'll be proud of 10 wins.

Nov 7, 2006, 8:14 AM

Don't forget that 4 of our wins came from 4 teams in the bottom 10 of the NCAA. Not the ACC, the whole freakin league.

Nov 6, 2006, 5:51 PM

Just wait until Butch Davis is at UNC and Bill Cower is at NCST. You think that we are out-coached now!!

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic